TCB

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

tcb ranchman/20s fade goals

20180330-DSC_1722.jpg

I wonder how he suceeded in fading the Ranchman that much, I've worn it a lot over the last three years and to me that shirt is bloody hard to fade...

Exactly!  I'm even debating selling mine but it's due to it being too big due to my weight loss.  The shirt fades like a sob.  I love my ranch man though I would more than likely buy a smaller size if I decided to put it on the market.  It's a size 46, straight from Inoue himself.

13 minutes ago, serotonin flood said:

Hey guys I have a question, how big of an operation is TCB?  I got the impression that it's pretty small but also I'm surprised at the amount of distribution they seem to have.

Why? 

Will it affect your impression of the brand? 

37 minutes ago, serotonin flood said:

Hey guys I have a question, how big of an operation is TCB?  I got the impression that it's pretty small but also I'm surprised at the amount of distribution they seem to have.

2 years ago there were 5 full time workers including Inoue plus 2 or 3 apprentices. I think now it's slightly bigger as they're opening a shop in the factory as well. @Bobbo visited the factory a couple times, I think he knows this better than me.

24 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

2 years ago there were 5 full time workers including Inoue plus 2 or 3 apprentices. I think now it's slightly bigger as they're opening a shop in the factory as well. @Bobbo visited the factory a couple times, I think he knows this better than me.

Thanks volvo (edit: and Bobbo)!  I read through the whole '20s contest thread earlier this week (what a roller coaster) and it just got me curious.  

Edited by serotonin flood

12 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Like Volvo says they are still a pretty small operation. When I visited last summer they had expanded from 7 to 20, including apprentices. And that's one year between the visits.

doesn't tcb have a crew of older ladies helping them out which i have seen from some older photos?

gotta say that my 60's cut is my least favourite out of 4 pairs of tcb jeans.  i cannot get used to the low rise of the said jeans.

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all.

19 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

tcb ranchman/20s fade goals

20180330-DSC_1722.jpg

I wonder how he suceeded in fading the Ranchman that much, I've worn it a lot over the last three years and to me that shirt is bloody hard to fade...

my guess is that dude has only that one shirt and he wears nothing but that shirt all the time. 

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Heads up: Seaman Jumper's currently going for $145 shipped at Denimio…very tempting

https://www.denimio.com/tcb-seamens-jumpers.html

@julian-wolf yup. I’ve been chatting with them about sizing, super helpful and patient folks. I think mine will be sent on Monday. I’ll get measurements up and fit pics ASAP, if it’s not too big (went with 44)!

5 hours ago, erockisalive said:

I know sizing questions are the worst, but  am I wrong that the 60s run bigger than the 50s? 

you are indeed wrong.  i have both jeans in a size 36 and the 60's fits much tighter around the waist than the 50's. 

So I got my 50s jeans in size 38 today. They fit horribly :( The waist and rise is perfect but they were sooooo wide compared to my 505s in 38. I will sadly have to return them.... Where do you think I should go from here? Is the 60s more likely to be like my 505s? Or should I go for 50s slim? 

The life of a fat man.... :)

post a pic, let us see how horribly they fit you please.

50s, especially in bigger sizes like yours, have a really wide hem which takes a while to get used to. perhaps is only a matter of getting used to something far from what you usually wear?

1 hour ago, Maio said:

So I got my 50s jeans in size 38 today. They fit horribly :( The waist and rise is perfect but they were sooooo wide compared to my 505s in 38. I will sadly have to return them.... Where do you think I should go from here? Is the 60s more likely to be like my 505s? Or should I go for 50s slim? 

The life of a fat man.... :)

Yes a fit pic will definitely allow us to help you out. 

I would NOT recommend the slim as the rise is REALLY low, unless you like it that way. 60's could do the trick. You could always tailor your regular 50 with a little bit of taper, just sayin',

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

post a pic, let us see how horribly they fit you please.

50s, especially in bigger sizes like yours, have a really wide hem which takes a while to get used to. perhaps is only a matter of getting used to something far from what you usually wear?

30 minutes ago, Collin said:

Yes a fit pic will definitely allow us to help you out. 

I would NOT recommend the slim as the rise is REALLY low, unless you like it that way. 60's could do the trick. You could always tailor your regular 50 with a little bit of taper, just sayin',

Here's some fit pics! https://imgur.com/a/2GP5G 

First two are of my 505's which I love. Last three of 50s. They are just too baggy everywhere. Funnily enough, it feels like they have a lower rise than my 505s which is quite strange.