TCB

On 3/16/2018 at 9:44 AM, Paul T said:

I love my Seaman's jumper . Although I'm weird, I like it dark and don't want it to fade, but it's crocking like a bastard. I wonder it it's the same fabric as the Buzz Rickson armorer's jumper which did exactly the same.

Can we see some pics of the bastard? 

6 hours ago, erockisalive said:

Also, I bought the wife a pair of TCB's Norma jeans. Here's the fit pics.

They look incredible. I am looking to buy a pair for my wife. Will look this up.

Edited by i_denim

I don't see it on their site but at 40% off the 50s at 180 US-$ are still more expensive than buying at Japanese retail. I think it's only a great deal when you are Canadian and don't want to worry about shipping costs and customs.

Edit: and this shows how hard these overseas brick&mortat shops have to compete with the Japanese domestic shops.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

36 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I don't see it on their site but at 40% off the 50s at 180 US-$ are still more expensive than buying at Japanese retail. I think it's only a great deal when you are Canadian and don't want to worry about shipping costs and customs.

Edit: and this shows how hard these overseas brick&mortat shops have to compete with the Japanese domestic shops.

Forgot to mention that you need a discount code. 

“Tcbclear40” is the code.

For me, the 50s would only be $20 more expensive at The Shop than say..Denimio. But for me, it would save me a ton on shipping and duty and such, so I suppose thats why it seemed cheaper

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Do you mean like Denimio or Okayamadenim, BF?

37 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

#freedenimforlife

That would be most appropriate actually, although I'm not sponsored by TCB. They have problems understanding my genius and reckoning my power as the next era influencer. 
Mty tcb stuff has been always bought with my trusty mafia money. Wire transfers from my Cayman Islands account.

Just received my first pair of "real" jeans. It's a raw TCB 50s. They are amazing, texture and hairiness of denim is fantastic.

As I understand before hemming I need to get rid of shrinkage since jeans are raw, not one wash. Should I soak them two times in a very hot water, then throw them in washing machine to be 100% sure they do not shrink? Or it's too much?

P1220679.jpg

P1220688.jpg

P1220690.jpg

Welcome to the club mate and cheers for those quality pics.

I usually just turn them inside out and throw them in the washer and put on a 40 degree program. Will still be some shrinkage left so you could give them a hot soak first. 

I machine was and machine dry my jeans twice as I find with tcb fabrics there’s is still some shrinkage to be had after one wash. But I would hate to lose the Inoue hem depending on the length or the look you’re after, try a folded cuff so you can keep the original hem.

Edited by nycsurfer530

@Darkthrone I gave my 50s two initial hot machine washes and dries and aside from the shrink,  the denim did not change noticeably (still very dark and hairy) so you would not err by trying to get maximum shrinkage out of the way.

Concur with everybody, the 50s denim will still be nice and crunchy after a couple washes.

My method is one 60 min soak with hottest water from the tap + 1 machine wahs at 40 degrees C + line dry. If you plan on using a dryer along the road just toss them in the dryer too.