TCB

Hello everyone ! 

I'm a brand new guy on SuFu and a brand new lover of TCB. My first purchase was a 50s type 2 jacket which I bought during Denimio black friday. I can see the first bleeding of indigo now and I can say that I love the fabric (I will post some pics soon).

I'm trying to contact Inoue since a week because I want to buy a 50s jeans and want to get them hem by him to keep this wonderful potential of roping but unfortunately he didn't answer to my mail. Do you why ? Usually does it take so long to answer ? 

Thank for the advice. I contact Inoue over Facebook and he reply in the hour !

Just worried about the custom fees now. I live in France and custom fees can be very painful (first order on Denimio, I paid 70€ of custom fees for a pair of Japan blue at 120€). There is someone on this thread who live in France who can reassure me ? 

5 minutes ago, Collin said:

@ValpiqI'm on the same boat : Il faut juste que tu commandes et que tu lui demandes de déclarer le colis à hauteur de 21 euros en cochant l'option cadeau. Ton colis passera outre les douanes sans aucuns problèmes :)

Super merci pour l'info ! Cette option est disponible sur le site de la marque ? Car j'ai demandé à Inoue si c'était possible de modifier la valeur du produit sur la facture pour éviter les frais de douanes et il m'a répondu que ce n'était pas légal.

Non il n'est pas disponible, il faut passer la commande par mail. Il avait été d'accord de me le faire il y a 2 ans, ça doit être différent maintenant... Ducoup soit tu passes par Inoue et tu payeras les frais de douanes ou alors par denimio (et tu déclares 21 euros) mais tu n'auras pas le roping...

C'est dommage si je ne peux pas avoir les deux, mais je ne vais pas payer 60€ de frais de douane pour le roping... Je lui en parlerai demain, je lui ai demandé un devis pour le frais de port à destination de la France.

Selling a pair of basically new TCB 50’s denim. Size 34. Purchased, hot washed twice to remove all shrink, worn once. Custom Levi style arcs added to the pockets. Great pair of pants, just not the right cut for me.

Approx measurements

16 3/4” Waist (aligned)

12” Rise 

15 3/4” Back Rise

12 1/2” Thigh

33” Inseam

9” Leg Opening

44” Overall Length

Asking $160 shipped within the US/Canada. Willing to consider trades for other denim with a similar waist size.

More pictures on Grailed listing.

4SO9HsC.jpg 

Size 46 TCB Type II unwashed

pre soak  p2p- 24- front length-28- back length-28.5 shoulder-21 sleeve-27.5

warm soak  p2p-22 front length-27.5 back length-27.6 shoulder-20.5 sleeve-26.6

warm wash-p2p-21.6 front-26.5 back-26.6-shoulder-20.4-sleeve-26 

Hey! 

First post here, but I've used this thread to help with my TCB adventure. I thought I would share my experience with purchasing the TCB 50s Slim with you all, since there isn't much info about them on here. I went through Denimio for the purchase, which I couldn't be happier with. They provide a great service! Their New Years sale made that decision pretty easy. 

I ordered a size 30 first, which ended up feel about 2 sizes to large. Even knowing that they were unsanforized, I still felt like they wouldn't shrink enough. I have a pair of Naked and Famous E5 that are a size 30 and a pair of UB201 size 29 (a bit snug). 

Pics:https://imgur.com/a/1mpDs

I sent those back to Denimio and received a 29, which I didn't take pics of Pre soak. Sorry about that! They did fit a little bit loose, but not like the size 30. I soaked them 3 times for 1hr each, in hot water. 

Pics after 2nd hot soak: https://imgur.com/a/M8Kef

Pics after 3rd hot soak: https://imgur.com/a/4gjSb

The fit didn't change much for the 3rd soak. A tiny bit, but hardly noticeable. 

End Measurements: Waist: 31"

Rise: 9 1/2"

Thight: 11 3/4"

Length: 34"

Back Rise: 13 1/5 "

Hem: 6 5/8 "

Thanks to @Collin and @volvo240thebest for the help!

Edited by istewi

10 hours ago, albmuzquiz said:

I can never post pics on here and keep any quality, so I'm trying imgur.

Here's a pic of me in my new TCB 50s, finally a part of the club!

nice looking fit!

you can also paste the BBCode for the image into your post (selecting the image as 'huge thumbnail' is a way to stop it being TOO big) and then you get an image on the thread... 

imgur advice.png

you're not alone for sure.

the newest batch of 50s jeans sport the same branded buttons used fot the 20s, they rust indeed.
I know this is a period correct details for the 20s, not sure about the 50s jeans.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime and let us know, @Paul T perhaps?

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

you're not alone for sure.

the newest batch of 50s jeans sport the same branded buttons used fot the 20s, they rust indeed.
I know this is a period correct details for the 20s, not sure about the 50s jeans.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime and let us know, @Paul T perhaps?

I sent Inoue and message on Instagram. He said that the buttons are made of iron for vintage styling. 

On 2/4/2018 at 7:41 PM, albmuzquiz said:

I can never post pics on here and keep any quality, so I'm trying imgur.

Here's a pic of me in my new TCB 50s, finally a part of the club!

Dang, those look good! What size waist and how did you size them? If you don't mind me asking.

Hey @istewi, I sized down and got a size 29. I knew I wanted to size down because of the general anti-fit vibe of the whole jean. They're pretty stretchy and comfortable so the smaller waist hasn't been an issue, although there's a lot of pull on the button-fly. I'll post more pics later because I want to ask people here it that will relax over time or just kind of be like that. (Either way is fine with me)