TCB

I hardly doubt he changed.

I'd love to have a chance to handle an original pair of 50's 501xx to compare it with my own pair of 50s, from pictures my TCB's looks very much like an original now that it's worn and abused.

My pair wasn't washed when I got them and they have faded pretty fast. I tried to compare the denim on my 50s jacket but it's pretty dark and I got no good light so I will do it tomorrow again. But I actually think that they look different from each other. The jacket did I trade with another sufu member and I don't know his washing routine so that may be a factor. 

Edited by tigerstrom

15 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Feck, did Inoue change the denim on these jeans or I'm just an amateur fader?
I remember the first 9 months of wear my 50s were SLOOOOW to show any progress.
The last two pairs posted are ridicolous!

i agree.  my 50's took a long time to fade.  the 20's are faster.  i can tell.

Catched a bit of sunlight today so I quickly snapped some pics with my phone.

Worn for about 2 months now I would say, with one hot hand wash at 1 month. Definitely a lot of sitting because of Uni, so had to repair the back pocket because the cottons threads had already given up.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.d6c94191d58b0ca8e9e763360a63cd8e.jpg5a5a037330475_Capturedcran2018-01-1314_03_20.thumb.png.481ea15c2a7ccc0323304306abf72941.png

Spoiler

IMG_6653.thumb.JPG.2c555e318dc9fbf815ab242eab549d19.JPGIMG_6657.thumb.JPG.22288e849878350b5ee951fc4121a3ba.JPGIMG_6660.thumb.JPG.a74994b7d03a3238cc98f35cb5a43a0d.JPG

Edited by Collin

On 1/8/2018 at 4:07 AM, heavydoom said:

if you read his blogs on the happyjeans site you see sometimes how the tcb staff sandblast the crap out of some denim items and you can already deduct from that that tcb makes things for others.

They make a domestic fashion denim label as well. Hence the sandblasting. I forgot what its called. 

9 hours ago, Broark said:

Just some more photos of my 50's jacket, really love it. 
Debating if I should wash it soon or wait until the end of the cold and wash it before storing it.

Looks great Broark

^^ yeah I guess the back rise of the 60s it's not for everybody. Works fine for me but I can see with some body frames it's just too short. I'd say the cut would be more appreciated (at least outside of Japan) with a bit more front and rear rise, and a bit more taper.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

^^ yeah I guess the back rise of the 60s it's not for everybody. Works fine for me but I can see with some body frames it's just too short. I'd say the cut would be more appreciated (at least outside of Japan) with a bit more front and rear rise, and a bit more taper.

I love TCB's authentic fabrics and construction, but I feel that some of their cuts needed a bit of tweaking if they really wanted to take off in western markets. My 60s jacket is great but I can't understand why they had to make the armholes so tight. It prevents me from layering more than a t-shirt or a chambray shirt, and it's not very accurate in terms of repro.

That’s what I figured too. I’m assuming they’re made with their standard denim. People usually get a little bit of shrinkage out of it after a warm/hot dry, correct? I think I remember skimming posts here and there discussing hem lengths with dryer shrinkage taken into account. 

my rule with ordering stuff online and you are unsure about sizing, order two sizes over your regular size, try the gear on and if it is pretty loose, boil the fucker in hot water and tumble dry till kingdom come and bob's your uncle.  overalls are meant to fit loose anyways, right?  

^ That sounds pretty gross to me  but to each his own!

^^ what you read referred to the un sanforized tcb fabrics. You can easily pick your size. If in doubt just ask Inoue directly tcbinoueATgmailDOTcom

13 hours ago, heavydoom said:

my rule with ordering stuff online and you are unsure about sizing, order two sizes over your regular size, try the gear on and if it is pretty loose, boil the fucker in hot water and tumble dry till kingdom come and bob's your uncle.  overalls are meant to fit loose anyways, right?  

Reverse vanity sizing...I like it. :D

Gonna try my best to get a 360 degree measurement on my current pair and go from there. 

when it comes to denim jeans i just can't fucking wear tight jeans.  don't fucking care about award winning whiskers on my jeans.  comfort is paramount for me not trends.  i'm a 34 and all the tcb jeans i have bought were 36.  i have the 60's and it's my least favourite cut because it has such a low rise compared to the other cuts by tcb.  i still wear them but not as much as i wear the 50's and the 20's.  

I own a pair of the wrecking crew overalls w30, that fits me like how they are supposed to I believe(loose and comfy). I wear a w31 of the 50’s model that fits me a little loose. 

I would recomend going with your normal TCB size for a comfortable fit. It may be possible to downsize, but no need to upsize.

They come pre-shrunk and I didn’t notice any dramatic changes after a few machine washes.