TCB

@Hendsch Those look amazing. How often do you think you washed? I'm 2 months in on my 60s and it's my first pair of jeans I'm not being a baby about washing, but I still have residual anxiety about it. Old habits die hard. 

Here's some update pics. They're a bit darker than the color of these would imply. 

IMG_9170.JPG

IMG_9167.JPG

IMG_9166.JPG

IMG_9141.JPG

47 minutes ago, cottonskinblues said:

:sad: Thank you anyways!! Will update with post-launder pics.

It won't be the same but it will be fine all the same. I had mine hemmed after laundering and they still got plenty of roping. 

(edit: I'm referring to the pair I got after the contest - not my contest pair which were hemmed by TCB)

Edited by erk

2 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Is it just me or does it look like there's stitching that suggests that this is a half-lined back pocket? 

Hmm yeah there’s definitely a subtle horizontal stitch on the back coin pocket... also the coin pocket doesn’t have the lightning bolt fade. 

2 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Hmm yeah there’s definitely a subtle horizontal stitch on the back coin pocket... also the coin pocket doesn’t have the lightning bolt fade. 

Yeah there’s horizontal stitching on both back pockets. No lining or split pocket, though. Is that not normally the case? 

And yeah, no lightning bolt fade even though I’ve washed and dried them a couple times. 

Mine also have the pocketstiching. If you look closely the stitching are formed with two small cat ears poking up as well. In regards to the lighning fade I think it has to do with the pocket linings shrinkage. My lightning fade will form far down the coin pocket where no one can se it.

^ Interesting. The standard back pockets are entirely unadorned. That back pocket stitching design (with the cat ears) sounds a lot like a design Inoue was toying around with when the arcs for the 20s contest jeans were being discussed. I'm guessing that somehow you both got pairs from a limited run produced while he was trying out the design, which would make them pretty special. We'll all be watching to see how they turn out.

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

22 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Nope, it won't even get close. The original roping of TCB is the craziest I've come across.

But you'll love them non the less, solid purchase!

I think Inoue has his machines set up to perfection for the weight of the denim.  Both TCB;'s that I have that were hemmed by them showcased insane roping (50'sand the 20'd contest).  I have never got this kind of roping from a local shop.  Standard and Strange came close, Self Edge not so much but i imagine they have their machines eet up to deal with an assortment of fabric weights.  

3 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

^ Interesting. The standard back pockets are entirely unadorned. That back pocket stitching design (with the cat ears) sounds a lot like a design Inoue was toying around with when the arcs for the 20s contest jeans were being discussed. I'm guessing that somehow you both got pairs from a limited run produced while he was trying out the design, which would make them pretty special. We'll all be watching to see how they turn out.

That’s the design I’ve got on mine. I’ll try to take a good pic of it when I have the chance.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, erockisalive said:

@Hendsch Those look amazing. How often do you think you washed? I'm 2 months in on my 60s and it's my first pair of jeans I'm not being a baby about washing, but I still have residual anxiety about it. Old habits die hard. 

Thanks! Not sure how much I washed them. They maybe went a month before they were regularly washed and dried, maybe every 1-2 weeks. 

The reason, I think, that you get the coin pocket lightning bolt on 60s models only is because the coin pocket denim is aligned in the same direction as the fabric of the jeans (peek inside your coin pocket and you'll see the weft diagonal lines going from top left to bottom right, same as your jeans). This must have an tension effect on the fabric once it shrinks with washing. On XX models, the weft diagonal is in the opposite direction to that of the main jeans fabric. The coolest detail of 60s jeans in my opinion.

On 2017-12-05 at 10:26 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

yespls

yespls

plsyes

withemphasis.jpg

The black thread makes it kinda hard to make out but the ears are there. I’m guessing they’ll be more visible in a few months.

96FD39B9-A747-4F51-BE57-DD104AC404FE.jpeg

Quick report on my new TCB 50s (34 raw from Inoue).  I wasn't sure anything could fit as well as the Ooe OA02XX but the TCB 50s have done just that.  Really good fit in the top block -- room where needed but still trim and body conforming.  Just a great pair of jeans that I would never have known about were it not for sufu, and Michel in particular -- so thank you!

^ Full tux fit is perfect volvo -- thanks to you and Inoue's willingness to shorten the 50s jacket sleeves a bit.  I know, photos or didn't happen -- will try to get to this ;-)

The 50s jeans are incredibly comfortable without being saggy or loose.  I've spent more time and money than I'd like to admit (especially to my wife) trying to find a pair of jeans that really fits.  I like a few by Warehouse (1105), Fullcount (1101), and Roy, but my Ooes fit so well that I find myself wondering about the others.  I hadn't thought too much about TCB to be honest but saw enthusiasm here, along with your jacket, and gave it a go.

Though I find it tougher to fit pants than a jacket, the 50s jacket is special.  There's something about it, maybe its the relatively wide shoulders and trim body, that feels and looks good.  I've owned other Type IIs that are also nice, including Sugar Cane (great fit also) and Studio (beautiful denim), but the TCB is the most flattering -- not that this is our top priority, of course, when we're working in the mine, biking across Patagonia, or climbing Everest ;-)

John

^ your fit is quite amazing indeed, next time I'll get a 50s pair I'll definitely try to get it with a shorter inseam as you did, as it seem to make a bit of difference on how the jeans look.