TCB

@nycsurfer530 got them in February this year. Yeah I agree with you and @volvo240thebest - thanks - those blue hues are coming through nicely on the photos. They had a machine wash when I got them (and possibly a cold soak first, can't recall atm) but no wash since then. I have quite a few pairs on the go at once so it's been pretty steady wear only. These will be slowly slowly for me. I reckon when the competition crew get wearing them hard, there'll be some awesome blue on show!

Hey guys, I'm pretty much a brand new Superfuture user, but I'm a long-time TCB stalker and I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on a pair of the 50s jeans. I'm looking at the measurements on Denimio (which appear to be the same for the one wash and raw) and I'm tryna figure out which size to get. I'm looking for a snug top-block and I'm usually a 30 or 29 in regular Levi's 501 stf. A true 30 inch waist with such a high rise is a little too big for me, but again, I can't tell which measurements are accurate here. I think a true 29 -29.5 waist would probably work best.

Is there a better resource out there? I don't want to make you guys do the legwork.

AND AGAIN, sorry I'm sure this crap gets asked all the time. Just tryna join the TCB club, ya feel?

Hey I'm a 36 both on standard 501 stf's and tcb 50s. The stf's (2007/2008 made in Mexico pair) are just a smidgen bigger in the waist. A 30 will shrink to 29,5 circa and then stretch back. Stay away from the one wash version as the industrial washing regimen shrinks them so much that sometimes it's hard to size them properly. For reference my natural waist is 36,5 circa and the 36 fit well, without the need of a belt.

Hope it helps, and welcome aboard.

5 hours ago, albmuzquiz said:

Hey guys, I'm pretty much a brand new Superfuture user, but I'm a long-time TCB stalker and I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on a pair of the 50s jeans. I'm looking at the measurements on Denimio (which appear to be the same for the one wash and raw) and I'm tryna figure out which size to get. I'm looking for a snug top-block and I'm usually a 30 or 29 in regular Levi's 501 stf. A true 30 inch waist with such a high rise is a little too big for me, but again, I can't tell which measurements are accurate here. I think a true 29 -29.5 waist would probably work best.

Is there a better resource out there? I don't want to make you guys do the legwork.

AND AGAIN, sorry I'm sure this crap gets asked all the time. Just tryna join the TCB club, ya feel?

buy them from direct from TCB like volvo said. my experience has been that they are just a touch over sized. My 32s were 32.5"  raw - measured with the top block aligned the Blue in Green way. I think it is best to order your measured size or one size down. the fabric is very stretchy and you have plenty of room in the rise and thigh.

edit : I think you're probably right in getting a 29. 

Edited by erk

2 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

@Broark As long as Inoue doesn't come out with a model from the 40s at the end of the 20s contest

Taking this here from the OOE thread.

Hell yes! The contest 20s are my first pair of TCB but now that I have a taste ;) Especially since the LVC 47 is a bit lackluster in terms of denim I'd buy the shit out of a TCB '47, especially if he would do arcs (even if it maybe would have to be a custom order).

Oh, but taking 18 months to release them would be nice, I need another pair of jeans like I need a hole in the head right now ^^

I think Inoue could make a mean wartime repro and I know he'd love to make one, but he still hadn't find an original pair that he could buy or borrow long enough to copy it. A 47 should be a bit more slender, apart from the different bells and whistles?

5 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

WW2 is covered by Conner's isn't it ;)

Well for the price of a pair of CSF you could get two pairs of tcb 40s, so to me they're almost different kind of products...

i recall TCB 50's shrinking from tag vs. SC which shrink to tag.  Of course I could be full of shit and not remembering correctly.  My 50s contest tagged size 35 measure out to about a 32 right out of wash/dry.  

edit** i might be mixing Ooe with TCB, so ignore me.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Super nice fit Hendsch. I think these look quite slim because of the smaller size.

I wear the same size in tcb 50s and Sugarcane 47, 36. The canes are just a touch bigger in the waist. I have no fullcount but from charts and what I've read I would get a 35 in those.

i dont recall my 50s raw size, but they get to around tag size once they are washed and worn / stretched out.

i would def say they are trimmer than many of my other cuts, but def. the 36 did not shrink and stay to anything like 34   

as remember it, earlier in the thread, upon request; erk compared his 50s to his lvc 55s and the lvc are slightly over tag size, and the tcb are slightly under tag