TCB

36 minutes ago, heavydoom said:

does the slim 50 and the regular 50 have the same rise?  i love the rise of the older 50 jeans but would not mind the more tapered pant legs.

Nope the rise of the slim 50s is much lower.

For further info, these are the measured rise for slim 50s for size 31 and size 32 that I was given by denimio support ages ago:

Size 31, One-Wash
front rise: 24.5 cm

----------------------
Size 32, One-Wash
front rise: 25 cm

Edited by Niro

Type one has arrived! Jacket beside it is my Warehouse type 1. Fit is raw. Jacket being washed right now. iPhone photos don't do the color justice. I'll try and get some outdoor shots with my real camera. 

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

4 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

I really like that fit @fix_me

Sorry about the inseam. Maybe he forgot to hem them? 

Seems that way. I gave them another run through the wash just to see.. no real change. Ah well. They still fit nice. Just look different than how I am used to wearing them.

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

@fix_me33 is the standard inseam. The fit is great though. Try a folded cuff instead than a standard double cuff, it will look a bit less bulky.

what he said!

12 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Type one has arrived! Jacket beside it is my Warehouse type 1. Fit is raw. Jacket being washed right now. iPhone photos don't do the color justice. I'll try and get some outdoor shots with my real camera. 

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

meeeeeow

lookin' fwd to updates!

@nycsurfer530

look forward to see the post soak fit. My own 30s jacket shrank a good bit length wise and didn't almost shrink width wise. I didn't use a dryer though, and not planning to do it since at the moment it fits exactly as I want... I'm pretty much wearing it every day now, and plan to do so until the next summer...

30's jacket fades faster than the 50's jacket in my opinion.  i have worn the former for a shorter amount of time and i am seeing way more fades on it than the latter.  also a nice touch are the buttons.  they are already oxidizing and i am seeing specks of rust on them.  i shrank the 30's jacket a lot by putting it in a dryer and a hot water bath.  sleeves and body length are perfect now.  asked for a one wash but got the raw version.  

23 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

I am really having a hard time deciding what to do with them next.

Repair them and wear again or put them in storage like this

Sensible struggle, and there's merit to both. There's some serious potential for sashiko repairs right now, which could give them a whole new life.

21 hours ago, hudsonjames said:

Sensible struggle, and there's merit to both. There's some serious potential for sashiko repairs right now, which could give them a whole new life.

yupyup

@chicote back in business for the long haul?

or mason feeling handy with the needle

storage is death to garment

key stress points (crotch etc.) are sound?

3 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

yupyup

@chicote back in business for the long haul?

or mason feeling handy with the needle

storage is death to garment

key stress points (crotch etc.) are sound?

The crotch is good, but the hip is blown out from around the belt area all the way down to mid thigh. Quite a large rip, but it just looks like all of the thread busted open, nothing actually ripped