TCB

Hope they'll work out fine to you. I worn my pair again over the week while I was in tour in Germany and they're ready again for repairs round 3... I will buy another pair in the future for sure. For now I'd better just retire them and concentrate on the pile of less worn jeans. No matter what I seem to keep coming back to either these or my first pair of 60s, there's something so satisfying in wearing a really well worn pair of jeans..

I washed them twice and measured them after the first and second wash and I didn't notice any big differences either. 

I have to say that I'm very pleased with the jeans! The inseam turned out perfect and the fit is great! The waist is not loose and not tight but I will use a belt to minimize the stretch. 

The roping is crazy and the fabric got amazing after the washes! 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:32 PM, MileHighEvertonian said:

image.png.0838cc1b72225761624fab83ba2db5d4.png

Do any of you out there have the 30s hat yet? I mostly wear fitted baseball caps with a tagged 58.7cm circumference. TCB lists the medium at 58 and the large at 60cm after washing. What do you all think? Is a centimeter of stretch more likely than hoping for additional shrinkage from the large?

hey dude, if a hat is too tight you can stretch  it out by soaking it completely in water and stretch the hat out around its circumference.  if the hat is too large you can soak it in hot water so that it will shrink, tumble dry it if needed.  it's what i do with the papa nui hats.

Have been reading this thread for a while and decided to join the club with a TCB 50s Jacket. I'm 6'2 so went with size 46 (one wash). Coming from a Momotaro 2105SP (size 44) the fit is pretty similar, but not as long in the body or arms. I can post up a comparison pic if anyone is interested. Looking forward to the fades.

IMG_4631.thumb.JPG.18a01afe4ed9d647cddeb3902ba1473e.JPG

Edited by bramhall774

Nice one @nycsurfer530

I'm up for some compared 20s/30s tux action and for sure I'll be wearing that combo most of the time for the next couple years.

I look forward to see how it'll fade, I have no idea, the denim is very different from the other tcb fabrics...

6 hours ago, Bobbo said:

^^ Good call mate. As long as you like a more modern length on a denim jacket you'll be golden. I'm loving mine to bits.

I already own the 50s and I don't mind the length at all. I typically wear button downs untucked so the extra length works. I bought a size 40 which is the same size as my warehouse type 1 and I have a decent amount of extra room in the arms and waist for my warehouse.  

Edited by nycsurfer530

Received my 50s today!

I ordered directly from Inoue on Facebook. My true waist is 33" and he recommended that I get a size 33, which I did. I also asked for it to be one wash and with a 29" inseam.

I was under the impression that Inoue was able to provide a one-wash, or maybe some things didn't get through as I don't believe the pair I got is one washed. But the inseam is 31", which has me guessing that it was left that way so it could shrink to about 29" after a wash.

Should I reach out to Inoue again or just shrink it myself?

I've never put my raw denim in the wash, so I'm a little nervous. Is there a specific setting that I should use on the washing machine?

Yeah he hemmed them knowing they would end at 29" post wash. I stick my 50s in the wash and tumble dry all the time. If you want you could just hot soak with some agitation to get rid of the starch and see how it goes, then a cold wash. 

11 minutes ago, Selfedged said:

Received my 50s today!

I ordered directly from Inoue on Facebook. My true waist is 33" and he recommended that I get a size 33, which I did. I also asked for it to be one wash and with a 29" inseam.

I was under the impression that Inoue was able to provide a one-wash, or maybe some things didn't get through as I don't believe the pair I got is one washed. But the inseam is 31", which has me guessing that it was left that way so it could shrink to about 29" after a wash.

Should I reach out to Inoue again or just shrink it myself?

I've never put my raw denim in the wash, so I'm a little nervous. Is there a specific setting that I should use on the washing machine?

did you measure the waist? did you try the jeans on already? How do they fit?
It may not very easy to detect whether the jeans are OW or not, the the denim in its raw state has a bit of a grey hue and a firm, stiff carboard like feel to it. If you're not familiar it may be hard to understand.

Sure you can ask to Inoue. Depending on the reply and how do the jeans fit in their current state you can choose what to do.

The 50s denim shrinks quite a bit, let's say around 6/7% so if he left the inseam 2 inches longer he may as well just sold you a raw pair. waist wise I seem to remember that the denim shrunk quite a bit too but tended to stretch back.

Once you made sure you may want to soak the jeans and eventually toss them in the washing machine.

My method when not worried about the shrink ratio of the denim is

• 1 hour soak in a bucket full of the warmest water from the tap, jeans turned inside out and folded. If you have a bath tub do it there so you can avoid to fold the jeans
  • 1 40° C spin in the washing machine with no detergent, full circle (no eco mode if you have it, the jeans need to float in as much water as possible in the machine)
  • hang dry
  • if you need more shrink try either a tumble dry or another spin at 60°C, or both

18 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Since I want maximum shrinkage I may just stick it in the wash and see how it goes, thanks!

17 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

The waist came out to be 17" BiG method, so I definitely think I received a raw version.

I'm really liking the fit though! The fit is definitely what I wanted and expected, but I don't think I'd mind if it shrank a bit too.

The only issue really is the inseam. 29 inches is perfect for me, so I'm hoping it'll shrink those 2 inches.

I'll update the thread with some pre and post wash measurements and results!

Just now, tigerstrom said:

The paper patch isn't wrinkled at all. It was the first thing that made me skeptical if it was washed or not

Edited by Selfedged

It sounds like you got a raw pair. My pair I got last week shrank about 2 inches at the inseam.

Is the paper patch flat and not crinkled? If so I would say that they are raw. What does the waist measure? 

I washed my raw pair two times inside out at 40°C and dried them in a drying cabinet.  

Edit: I just saw that you posted the waist measurment. 

Edited by tigerstrom