TCB

I got my TCB 60's! Love the low rise and excellent details of 60's Levi's.

With red tab, beautiful paper patch, nice shape of the back pockets.1.thumb.jpg.40aa453676062753ec44f0a750485eb2.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.e3c6e652aaaf7049672ff913e3d2baa1.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.fbcf1aadf001d2ce0b00cc76d3ab39fa.jpg

Twisted red line! 

4.thumb.jpg.96c2021a6c4a5eb149709d0932a549b8.jpg

The 13oz fabric is very firm, after 2 soaks and 2 hot machine washes

5.thumb.jpg.edb328dcf6d0aa8c8293da9430a1abb7.jpg

Keep the red tab unfold, to protect it from damaging.

6.thumb.jpg.f32e6e07b481630be1deeaff7be3ad34.jpg

The lowrise cutting is comfortable, and the slim cut is easy to match any clothes. :)

Had the denim itch lately, especially with the DWC coming up....decided on a pair of TCB 50's.  Really seems like an incredible value based on everything I've seen.  Looking forward to rocking them, will post pics ASAP.

@HGS  Same here. I've been lurking this thread for a long time and finally took the plunge on a pair of 60s. Should be arriving today!

Anyone know how much inseam shrink should I expect? I'm thinking of getting them hemmed before I soak because I'd really like some pronounced roping and have stupidly short legs. 

Why didn't you ask Inoue to hem them before sending the jeans? He can work out the maths and hem exactly at the desired post soak length. I think the shrink factor is something like 8% but you'd better ask him before making an expensive mistake...

My jeans are en route to be delivered today.  From what I understand this denim lends itself well to machine washes and dries, and I'd like to be able to use the machine to wash & dry as I wear them.  Do you guys recommend a hot machine wash and machine dry to maximize initial shrinkage, instead of a soak/hang dry?  I would use cold wash/machine for any subsequent washes.  Any advice is appreciated!

Edited by HGS
typo

Oh yeah, after initial shrinkage I would be washing cold and using low-temp machine dry.  I really just want to as much initial shrinkage as possible, so I can take advantage of the convenience of the machine and not end up with too much unexpected shrink down the road.

It seems like people in this thread  generally have an intense approach to shrinking this denim which is different from what I've done in the past to get shrink out (hot soaks, hang dries, etc) so I appreciate all your advice (and any others who want to chime in).

Edited by HGS
Editing

I think many people on here do not subscribe to babying their jeans via soaks and just want to treat them like any other durable items of clothing by washing them (albeit less frequently). If they're going to get a machine wash and therefore shrink at some stage, it may as well be upfront before they're worn.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Here's a couple of fit pics of my new 60s. Soaked 30 min or so in warm water and then put through speed wash and dried on medium heat. Might run them through the washer/dryer one more time, but I'm undecided. 

Overall I'm really liking them. Went with a 36 and have plenty of room throughout. Excited to see how they age! 

IMG_8738.JPG

IMG_8739.JPG

I thought the cut was a little weird. Tight over the hips with an oversized waist. I'd say hips and upper thigh is the crucial measurements. Since it's not a standard measurement, perhaps you can ask Inoue to give you some hip measurements if you provide him with a picture on how/where to measure it.

I wear a size 30 in the 50s and it's the perfect sizing. I went for 30 with the 50s slim but it's  too big in the waist. I tried the 29 and it was perfect but the thighs were too slim for my liking (lot of biking)... I don't mind wearing a belt :)

So go with the same size as the regular 50s or -1 if you have normal to slim thighs.