TCB

quick question for any ranchman owners , does the torso taper down much from the chest ? i love my flathead western ( forget the model number , its the sawtooth repro ) but it tapers quite a bit 

edit . had a look at some sizing charts and the sizing is a bit weird ... 112cm on a 38 chest ?? i remember there was a lot of sizing errors when it was released 

Edited by Flash

Hi mate! I sold mine so can't help out with the tapering q. 

But the sizing is because Inoue measures the circumference on the inside of the fabric, which we didn't know back then. I got a 36 back then because of it, later on I tried on a 40 when I visited TCB and the fit was as it should have been.

@Flash I have a 42 in both the denim and chambray. They both have around a 22.75" chest and taper down to about 20.5" in the waist. If I remember correctly, I saved those measurements after a hot wash and hot dry. They definitely feel slimmer than the chest measurements would lead you to believe which I think has a lot to do with the high and tight arm holes. 

Yeah all true for comparison you should measure the 360 P2P of one of your shirts. And yeah it tapers a bit.

Feels smaller that what the measurements lead to think because the front and rear panel don't coincide, hence why Inoue measures the chest 360 i think.

On another note I'm pretty tempted to get a pair of tcb baker pants just released. The front rise is totally massive though 39 cm for the xxxl which is a 36.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:12 AM, Max Power said:

Edit: post soak measurements

Waist 90 cm

Frontrise 28 cm

Thigh 34.2 cm

Hem 20 cm

Inseam 84.5 cm

Ah, good. Front rise is lower than I'd like so I can scratch these off the list of viable  jean options. 

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Selfedged said:

How are the pockets on the TCB 50s? Are they big enough to comfortably put your hands in them?

for the sake of full clarity 

and objective quantification over subjective qualification

some visual aids

just washed and dried and measured

then: some experience: not too small: certainly bigger than some lvc thimbles but smaller than my tender buckets: they work just fine

004.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks all for the replies! I should've made it clearer, but when I meant big pockets I was mostly talking about the pocket openings

My Samurais and Japan Blues have deep enough pockets. But the problem is that I can barely fit my hands in them, and I don't even have big hands! I'd like to use the front pockets more if I could, but I'm just not able to easily. So was just curious if TCB had wide front pocket openings since I've been eying the 50s for a while

6 hours ago, Selfedged said:

Thanks all for the replies! I should've made it clearer, but when I meant big pockets I was mostly talking about the pocket openings

My Samurais and Japan Blues have deep enough pockets. But the problem is that I can barely fit my hands in them, and I don't even have big hands! I'd like to use the front pockets more if I could, but I'm just not able to easily. So was just curious if TCB had wide front pocket openings since I've been eying the 50s for a while

008.png

006.jpg

007.jpg

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

The pocket are fairly accessible, I have big hands and have no problems with them at all.

You know what they say about guys with big hands? 

1 hour ago, Foxy2 said:

his case is special - he's a musician and given his instrument of choice it actually could be seen as more of a handicap...

haha actually it's not, it's a big advantage. I can play alto flutes which require a big hand span stretch with no discomfort while some of my colleagues can't handle long playing/recording session with the big flutes.

Maynard now it's time for a line on big flutes I think....