TCB

On 5/29/2017 at 0:58 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Thunderbolt is there haha. Apparently that's a mark of having used the dryer a good bit, and a classic feature of 60s cuts. My old pair doesn't have it and man it had been beaten hard for years, but never dried in a drier.

It's a cool little detail that I like. Resolute 710s produces some pretty amazing thunderbolt fades too...

You learn something every day. Here's one curtesy of my Sugar Cane 66 which was machine dried every time. 

IMG_9930.JPG

For what it's worth denimio has the rise of a 36 in 50s jeans at 11.8" so just a half inch difference. When I partook in the world tour, the rise on that pair was very similar to my 50s. 

Hey Gnome the rise difference between the 50s and 20s its really minimal, 0,5 cm. Tcb fit pics make the rise look lower than it is as they all like to wear jeans sized up and worn low on the hips. The denim is also stretchy. You'll be grand!

16 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

my tagged 35 50's contest have a 12" front rise.  the reason Im picky about this thing is right around 11.5" or less for me things start to get uncomfortable quickly.  I cant wear SDA's because they all have sub 11.5" front rises for the size I need

in total agreement about the pain of the sda mini-rise: the reason I went for tcb over sda 101 is precisely this matter

going for my only point of jawns 20s reference: 

measuring my auld lvc 555 201s size 36 (fit like 34s, aka don't fit no more) I note that the front rise is 31cm = very very much part of my reasonings for thinking of sizing up and going for the nappy butt but maximising volume of general jeanage (and going more for the japanese style of oversizing anyway: boring examples beyond excellent nifty-do pix volvo has given us yamamoto is greatly influenced by the costumes seen in pix of August Sander, but then volumised up)

also the 201 denim is stiff as a post, whereas, tcb def has more give...

anyone have perspective on what a 'true' 20s fit is really like? dustbowl pix are going a decade late... (as is the john wayne belt 'n' bracing)

the 20s 30s denim has for sure some give, it's a fairly stretchy fabric.

Pretty hard to find 1920's denim pics, there is a couple floating here and here, but not as much as pics from the 30s. I think the fit was more straight than loose, not as wide as the 40's jeans.

So I ended up buying a TCB type 3. I went with 40 raw and after an hour long hot soak it fits pretty great. Here's the nerdy question: Is the jacket going to continue shrinking like, say if I got caught in the rain or something? I feel like one hot soak isn't enough, but I'm scared to throw it in the washing machine for fear that it'll no longer fit in the chest. What do you guys think? Is this really something I should worry about? 

a soak with no agitation surely didn't get rid of all the shrink potential. Whenever you'll need a machine wash it'll shrink a bit more.
I'd suggest to give it a gentle 30° C wash and hang dry. If you're happy with the fit then, basically just keep washing the jacket always at 30° and you'll be fine.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Hey guys, would anyone be able to shed some light on where I can find back rise measurements for the '20s jeans? Preferably for the raw/unwashed versions of the jean in a size 30 and 31? If there are any for the one-washed variant, then that's cool too.

On 06/02/2017 at 2:52 AM, Denimstoyevsky said:

Thanks @volvo240thebest. But I guess my question is do I need to shrink it all the way? Should I worry about getting caught in a rain storm and ending up like Chris Farley in a little coat? 

I suggest you to wash the jacket at least at 30°, so if in the future you have to wash it for stains you won't have to expect more shrink, you could just keep to machine wash at 30°...

Inoue is on fire these days... he's working on a repro of the 701 jeans for girls. Must get a pair for the missus...

99YhBR3.jpg

Lu99uqV.jpg

For once Inoue's wife it's not the best model, look forward to see how it fits on a curvy gal...

more pics

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2017/06/04/15678

Welp, here they are: My 60's in all their glory- kinda hard to tell here, but there is a LOT of "extra" denim here. :D

Just put them through a warm spin cycle and they are now drying in the generous dose of California sun we've got today. The waist was perfect, maybe even a little tight before I washed them, so I wriggled into them before I hung them out to dry, and stuck my forearm in the waistband lengthwise for some extra stretch. Wish me luck!

MmK78nl.jpg

fGsoI5F.jpg

Sl7fjYi.jpg

2BmKLqq.jpg

r1UnZSe.jpg

ruSVjmA.jpg

X0h4DvJ.jpg

Vf5GZhg.jpg

6W2rmGo.jpg

Edited by marcusV2
post wash/dry pics

On 6/5/2017 at 5:13 AM, volvo240thebest said:

Inoue is on fire these days... he's working on a repro of the 701 jeans for girls. Must get a pair for the missus...

99YhBR3.jpg

For once Inoue's wife it's not the best model, look forward to see how it fits on a curvy gal...

more pics

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2017/06/04/15678

I'm excited for these! I just ordered the boys jacket, so I'll be able to rock a TCB tuxedo. Finally.