TCB

worry not, it'll be fine, keep wearing them and those baby fades will be barely noticeable if not at all in a while.

[edit] Broark was quicker than me!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I don't think it can be remedied. You could try soaking and pulling the legs whilst wet to get close to the original length. 

Other than that just embrace it. The jeans are far from ruined and I'm sure this has happened on many a true-vintage pair of Levi's. 

[edit] Broark and Volvo quicker than me. Wot they sed. 

Edited by unders

i wouldn't worry about it too much especially if its only been 4-5 days of wear... after a month and a couple other washes i doubt you'll notice it anymore

(edit) I should really hit refresh before i hit reply...

Edited by nycsurfer530

Hi guys

Thank you fir your suggestion about the fade shifting. 

I just found an exact day that i got he jeans, i misunderstood it, I have been wearing them around 2 weeks (but i feels it just take around 5 days). I then soaked if for 40 minutes in hot water. 

Nevertheless, i hope the fade shifting would be barely noticeable if the new whiskers turned out more remarkable. 

Thank you, i love this topic! 

i'm not surprised you had substantially more shrinkage. When i got my 50s jeans i did an initial hot washed and tumble dry on high heat and even after subsequent washes there was still minor shrinkage for the next couple washes.

6 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

i'm not surprised you had substantially more shrinkage. When i got my 50s jeans i did an initial hot washed and tumble dry on high heat and even after subsequent washes there was still minor shrinkage for the next couple washes.

Do the washes cause fade shifting? 

Thank you

fade shifting no, that would require some crazy washer- but when the jeans shrink and twist naturally the fabric and some faded areas will lay differently. For me that only happened for the first couple washes. Once all the shrink is out they'll be the same after every wash- give or take the natural stretch and shrink that takes place. 

49 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

Hi guys

Thank you fir your suggestion about the fade shifting. 

I just found an exact day that i got he jeans, i misunderstood it, I have been wearing them around 2 weeks (but i feels it just take around 5 days). I then soaked if for 40 minutes in hot water. 

Nevertheless, i hope the fade shifting would be barely noticeable if the new whiskers turned out more remarkable. 

Thank you, i love this topic! 

fyi, this is a pair of 60's that I worn raw for 1 month and then washed for the first time. It was a mistake, that pair was quite a bit slimmer than my first pair of 60s and I thought Inoue had erroneously sent me a pair of one wash jeans. as you can see the "fade shifting" is barely noticeable on the right (wearer POV) whiskers, which look beefy and thicker than normal. = you'll be grand :D

rsaL6Wg.jpg

Thanks for the advice regarding ordering from Denimio. Completely painless, so far, and shipping was crazy fast, including a shipping exception. We'll see about the return :D

Been wanting a duck vest for a while, and I figured this was the one. I like the fit. Pretty versatile- fits underneath roomy shirts but also over them if they're light enough. Still figuring out exactly how to wear it, and with what, but it's a keeper. oUF6eLF.jpg

eo8eJRY.jpg

Umgij2k.jpg

Check out measurements thoroughly, and if needed size up. Base your extimate on post wash measurements, the shrink on the 60s is minimal but they won't stretch much back.

The thigh is the key measurement for the 60s, they measure it on left thigh (from wearer pov) from crotch seam across the leg. If you can handle the thigh and if you're familiar with wearing mid-low rise jeans you'll be grand.

11 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Check out measurements thoroughly, and if needed size up. Base your extimate on post wash measurements, the shrink on the 60s is minimal but they won't stretch much back.

The thigh is the key measurement for the 60s, they measure it on left thigh (from wearer pov) from crotch seam across the leg. If you can handle the thigh and if you're familiar with wearing mid-low rise jeans you'll be grand.

The GSD measurements section says to allow 2" on those 60's - is that right? the 29s will shrink down to 27? :unsure: Can't be...

@edmond I have three pairs of W36 60s and none of them shrank that much, Did you boil them in a kettle or what?

They all measure between 92.5 and 93 cm BIG. TCB chart says 93. Waist aligned and measured x2, this is TCB method to measure waist. I've never used a dryer.

I suggest to rely on TCB online shop chart, it's good and it's after shrinkage. A minimum variation on measurements has to be considered because the fabric is weaved on very old looms, so weave irregularity can make a difference, but that's pretty normal for all the jeans discussed in this forum. @marcusV2 dunno where you saw raw measurements, but they can be misleading.

The waist measurement on the 60s is slightly north of TTS, because the jeans are meant to sit on the hips rather than on the waist. Pay attention to the thigh, that's the key measurement.