TCB

1 hour ago, NewaMoct said:

First time poster, long time lurker...

Just got a pair of 60s in the mail and think I'm gonna exchange them for Slim 50s. Has anyone bought those yet? Any comments or initial impressions? 

And a second question... How does the width of the arms on the Type 3 jacket compare to the width of an original Levi's Big E trucker from say the late 60s/early 70s? I have one of those Levi's jackets, in a pretty deadstock state, and while I love the color and the denim, the width of the arms always feels too baggy and I don't wear it often. 

What's not working for you with the 60s? If it's the rise beware its about the same with the slim 50s, if not lower. If it's the lack of taper then the slim 50s have plenty of it.

As for the trucker, all the tcb jean jackets (30s, 50s and 60s) have pretty slim arms. Double check tcb shop measurements against your own Levi's trucker.

The rise and the top block on the 60s was perfect. It was the width and the length on the legs that didn't work for me. I feel pretty comfortable wearing wider, classic cut pants, but these were even bigger than my LVC 66s. 

I also just picked up a pair of Warehouse 660s, which I'm loving, and I guess I'd like a TCB cut similar to those. I imagine some would opt for variety, but right now I'm really digging the slimmer look. Plus, judging by the measurements on the website, I think I can get the one wash slim 50s and just wear them--no hemming, no shrinking, etc. 

As for the jackets, I don't think there are any measurements for the width of the arms, say around bicep level. That's why I brought it up on here. 

^ Phwoarrrrrr

Welcome aboard and fair play to dropping the bombs in one of your first posts! Surprised to see how good the 50s look with the short hem and loafer. Well done!

Yeah in my size there is about 1 cm of difference at hem width

50s 24.5

20s 23,7 iirc

Still a fairly wide cut though

I dream the day Inoue will find a ww2 pair to reproduce...

ah thanks for props n clarification

I had been looking at the pix and not paying close attention to the numbers [wiping tears]

and following the thorough nycsurfing comparison between 50s and 20s [prototype] where everything was a wee bit bigger

[which reminds me, where are you jared?]

if trigger pulling I will be sizing UP

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

ah thanks for props n clarification

I had been looking at the pix and not paying close attention to the numbers [wiping tears]

and following the thorough nycsurfing comparison between 50s and 20s [prototype] where everything was a wee bit bigger

[which reminds me, where are you jared?]

if trigger pulling I will be sizing UP

Everything on the 20s was bigger because they were a 32 while my 50s are a 31

34 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Everything on the 20s was bigger because they were a 32 while my 50s are a 31

and yes yes yes

hence the call to size UP in order to go livin' large

as a size 36 in 50s the thought is to go 38 in 20s to counter-act nipped waist and suspender buttons and to get full cinch action

[as I belive discussed by other users-wearers]

Haha Karl San is the tcb fanboy #1

And yes if you plan to wear the jeans with suspenders 90% of the time size up is definitely a good idea.

I think I'll stick with 36 though as Im not sure I'll embrace the suspenders look for everyday.

So will you join the 20s contest?

Ill soon open the thread, should meet a graphic designer buddy of mine next week to see a few patch designs...

26 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Haha Karl San is the tcb fanboy #1

And yes if you plan to wear the jeans with suspenders 90% of the time size up is definitely a good idea.

I think I'll stick with 36 though as Im not sure I'll embrace the suspenders look for everyday.

So will you join the 20s contest?

Ill soon open the thread, should meet a graphic designer buddy of mine next week to see a few patch designs...

I am dilemma-ed

the 20s call as the summer jean du jour

not an autumn-winter-starter

[with a warmer thicker silhouette comes out the tenders]

but I want all to contriboot to contest too

I look fwd to the thread v much

and thusly post in its encouragement

[and suspenders, why not, my thickened middle cries 'freedom!']

So I decided to hold on to my 60s. Tried them on today and somehow they looked different. Quick question though... They're definitely too long--inseam is around 36". I was thinking about getting them hemmed, but from reading the thread, I think I can expect more shrinkage on these guys, correct? If they were the one wash version, how much more should I expect them to shrink? In the end, I'd like to end up with a 32.5" inseam. 

Thanks

Are these 60s raw or one wash? One wash:no further shrink but once the jeans set in they'll feel a tiny bit shorter because of honeycombs behind the knee. If they're raw expect no more than 2 inches shrink. Ergo you definitely need them hemmed.

Here's the 30's jacket after a 40 degree wash with detergent. It shrank up nicely, especially the sleeves were ridiculous when raw. It looks oddly tight when closed on the pic but fits better and feels very comfy IRL. The denim is lighter than my other denim jackets and easily my favourite part of the jacket. Really don't think this is the same denim that Inoue used for the 20's world tour jeans. 

tcb-30-and-warehouse-1001XX.thumb.jpg.ebe32cc75f3645c103069e90c4a387e1.jpg

tcb-30-and-warehouse-1001XX-back.thumb.jpg.712efbde6a1c8e4c527bcb761b115413.jpg

Hm...why does it refuse to display the pictures bigger than this? Is it because I tried to upload them directly to Sufu? Quality looks like crap too.

Edited by Bobbo

6 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Here's the 30's jacket after a 40 degree wash with detergent. It shrank up nicely, especially the sleeves were ridiculous when raw. It looks oddly tight when closed on the pic but fits better and feels very comfy IRL. The denim is lighter than my other denim jackets and easily my favourite part of the jacket. Really don't think this is the same denim that Inoue used for the 20's world tour jeans. 

tcb-30-and-warehouse-1001XX.thumb.jpg.ebe32cc75f3645c103069e90c4a387e1.jpg

tcb-30-and-warehouse-1001XX-back.thumb.jpg.712efbde6a1c8e4c527bcb761b115413.jpg

Hm...why does it refuse to display the pictures bigger than this? Is it because I tried to upload them directly to Sufu? Quality looks like crap too.

what size jacket is that?  thanks.  you bought it raw, right? 

On 2017-05-17 at 8:14 PM, mrman said:

@Bobbo Could you post the measurements pre/post wash?

Missplaced my pre-wash measurements but here's the post-wash ones for my TCB 30's jacket, size 40.

Chest: 48 cm
Sleeve: 61 cm
Length: 63 cm
Shoulder: 45,5 cm

Hi everyone

After wearing the my 50s' around 4-5 days, I decided to washed it with 40c' degree to get the maximum shrinkage.   

Unfortunately, it caused the jeans fade shifting as the inseams are 1" shorter , you can see the previous-faded crease placed between my two new whiskers.

It happened on my right leg.

How could I recover that annoying thing? Would it be fine with further wear? 

Thank you very much

FS.PNG