TCB

Me too, I was a little disappointed. But I did notice the other day that the my 50s have alternating thread colors on the waistband stitching. Very subtle, but a cool touch. 

Just like Eddie says they haven't updated the website since they got the 30's jacket and slim 50's from TCB. Throw them an email and I'm sure they'll hook you up though! 
I picked up the only one in size 40 but otherwise they have a full stock of sizes.

Volvo, I'm all long legs mate. Who needs a proper torso anyway?

58 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

50s back from a long session of repairs done by Mr Handy

For got how good they feel. Decided the Denimio coupon will go towards another pair of these, fuck it!

tmp_30757-P_20170512_200353_vHDR_On_1649318042.jpg

how can i get my hands on a denimio coupon?

I know I was supposed to come back with my opinion on the 50s slim, but Ive been holding out. Im going to go back to The Shop Vancouver tomorrow and try them on for a 2nd time.

Until then, here is a photo of my 70s bush pants that I wore to work over the last 4 or 5 months compared to a fresh pair courtesy of The Shop

IMG_1865.PNG

Edited by MasonAlexander

Savage stuff @MasonAlexander

I think the slim 50s suits your style, but they're definitely too tapered to be worn with engineer boots

Curious to hear what you think

Edited by volvo240thebest

I guess I will have to sell these 50s. I'll probably put them up on eBay since I lose a lot of weight (waist size is 34 now which at times is too big). Never got to wear them and feel bad about getting them hemmed to 27-28 I think.  They've been sitting in the closet, along with some other unwearable denim.

CCF804B9-1C62-4026-B509-630A8D3259E6_zps

13387177-BCA3-46D2-A0A5-DBA94F0430CF_zps

Hi everybody

Just got a pair of TCB 50s' in 31" which is true to fit for me (actually a bit 0.5 inch over) However, do you guys think that is a bit loose for me? 

I soak them in warm water for 40 mins. 

Just want to hear how they fit me in your opinion. 

Thank you 

IMG_3159.JPG

they look good to me. However it'd be a better idea to give them a 40 degree celsius spin in the washing machine with no detergent, then hang dry or if you want to shrink them to the max use a dryer. they will surely shrink a bit more and it's better that you do it now rather than later, as the whiskers and honeycombs would be not sharp if you start to wear them as is now and then machine wash later.

22 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

they look good to me. However it'd be a better idea to give them a 40 degree celsius spin in the washing machine with no detergent, then hang dry or if you want to shrink them to the max use a dryer. they will surely shrink a bit more and it's better that you do it now rather than later, as the whiskers and honeycombs would be not sharp if you start to wear them as is now and then machine wash later.

Thanks a lot Volvo. I find it difficult to let the relaxed-fit denim fits my shape especially when the size is not down at least 1 inches, it's pretty generous. However, when i go through the TCB blog, it seems like most of their staffs wear the true to fit. So i decided to go for a TTF size. 

Edited by Atcharut

59 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

Thanks a lot Volvo. I find it difficult to let the relaxed-fit denim fits my shape especially when the size is not down at least 1 inches, it's pretty generous. However, when i go through the TCB blog, it seems like most of their staffs wear the true to fit. So i decided to go for a TTF size. 

I remember it took me awhile to get used to the 50s fit, especially in bigger size it's a pretty wide cut. Also it takes time to the denim to break in and drape naturally.

Your look good on them to me, and Anyhoo once youll have them washed the theyll feel differently

just get bespoke denim tailoring and be done with cm sizing disappointment.  i don't think the gold miners back in the days when they bought levi jeans were complaining about sizing issues.  a cm there too loose a mm too tight over here......

6 hours ago, Atcharut said:

Hi everybody

Just got a pair of TCB 50s' in 31" which is true to fit for me (actually a bit 0.5 inch over) However, do you guys think that is a bit loose for me? 

I soak them in warm water for 40 mins. 

Just want to hear how they fit me in your opinion. 

Thank you 

once the denim wears in a bit it drapes a bit better the fit really comes to life.  When the denim is still rigid and new it fits really boxy, at least that what I recall

17 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

once the denim wears in a bit it drapes a bit better the fit really comes to life.  When the denim is still rigid and new it fits really boxy, at least that what I recall

When I get my 50s jeans I got washed and tumble dried. They got all the shrink out along with nice puckering and roping and the denim was instantly fluffy soft. 

First time poster, long time lurker...

Just got a pair of 60s in the mail and think I'm gonna exchange them for Slim 50s. Has anyone bought those yet? Any comments or initial impressions? 

And a second question... How does the width of the arms on the Type 3 jacket compare to the width of an original Levi's Big E trucker from say the late 60s/early 70s? I have one of those Levi's jackets, in a pretty deadstock state, and while I love the color and the denim, the width of the arms always feels too baggy and I don't wear it often. 

Edited by NewaMoct