TCB

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

this is my second pair of 60's, which I've started to wear in june last year. They don't have more than 6 months of actual wear. Washed 12/15 times I think. At this stage they start to look real nice and get that ocean blue typical of "nach 1960's Levi's 501" repros, which I really love. Another three months of real wear and I'll keep them for special occasions, don't want to destroy them the way I did with the first pair, and I have a third pair ready to be worn in!

20170424_tcb60.jpg

mr haddock.  i totally agree.  you have a bunch of great jeans.  keep some of them in a certain shade of indigo.  i know you have a totally destroyed pair so have a pair that is totally faded, a pair that still has a nice shade of blue/indigo but still a worn look and another pair with a lighter fade etc.....great job as always.   i have been going non stop canadian tuxedo style for the last few months on the weekends only.  i need to really wear in my tcb gear.  it doesn't help that i am in uniform 5 days a week hence my weekend jeans wear only.  damn!!!! 

Denimio has the slim 50's you could ask them to measure you a pair.

On another note I've asked Inoue to set up a 'how we measure' page in their website, hopefully this will help to clarify things.

I would guess not likely. you could try sizing down but the fit will still be on the looser side.  You would be on your own with a tailor if you want a slim 20s but even that only addresses the thigh and leg opening and not the rise

9 hours ago, BionicEye said:

is a modern fit with the 20s possible?

^^ very unlikely, the contest will be 20s cut only. Take it as a chance to try out something different :)

Ill leave this here

Another pic of the 30s T back (+ 60s jeans). I love this jacket, and the fit is now perfect 10 days of wear (it was a bit tight in the chest after wash). The denim stretches quite a bit.

tmp_14685-P_20170429_165648_1-01_12135913404.jpg

@ volvo, man i want to get the 20's jacket but i don't know which size.  i got the 42 in the 50 and it's got plenty of room for me to fit a thick sweatshirt.  i plan to get the 20's jacket as a summer/fall jacket with just a t shirt.  so maybe a 40 in the 20's jacket, i am going to get the post wash version. 

^ sorry mate I didn't see your post. Judging by your 42 fit on the 50's jacket I'd say you'll be grand with the 30's jacket. the fit on the top block it's very similar. the 30s fabric is lighter and stretches a bit more than the 50s, too.

meanwhile here's the first 20s/30s denim babyfades on the brog:

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2017/05/05/15425

I guess these are Inoue's personal jeans and jacket.

dear cherubs

upon popular request here we have for your fine perusal a pic of side B aka "tha arcs" as King Ed I, the asian Charles Bronson, would call it more appropriately:

5S5a8Ag.jpg

60s jeans deliciously adorned by a Hubb belt and a Uwe Tauber wallet.

[edit]

prodigious roping:
NXKrYbx.jpg?1

Edited by volvo240thebest

beauties ^ do you use a dryer?

I've been washing quite frequently too but no chances I could get my 60s to crinkle like yours. They're fading more or less the same as my old pair (quite a bit of contrast, sharp whiskers, very little "texture fades"), which was washed fairly less. I'm considering to give the jeans a go through a laundromat + dryer (don't have a dryer at home), and see what happens if I give a bit more stress to the fabric.

Thanks!

I don't have a dryer at home but anytime we do sheets and towels we head over to our local laundry mat and I usually bring my 60's with me. Also, I generally don't care what the temperature of the water is when washing, so I'm pretty sure these have been subject to some pretty hot washes.

Edited by Hendsch

i wash my jeans but i have found when you spin dry them in the washing machine you get these damn lines running down the jeans.  do you just take them out of the machine wet and hang them to dry?  i have found this method to be the solution but it's a pain with all the water dripping all over the floor. 

14 hours ago, Hendsch said:

I'll join the 60's party. TCB 60's bought in October, worn in rotation and washed OFTEN.

IMG_0842.thumb.jpg.ca7ab154204765767972ab15c758375f.jpgIMG_0846.thumb.jpg.3e89586246eb179f025ba74924363b63.jpgIMG_0844.thumb.jpg.04de2436e50df80291616ff5a57c7e34.jpgIMG_0845.thumb.jpg.445895d968affeae6774e46b0dd0ca99.jpg

great shots and fades.  are you in general with the tcb jeans? 

Hey heavydoom, not sure what the question is?

as for streaks and creases from the spin cycle. That has not happened to my 60's but I find that anything with more substantial weight will get those.  So for heavier denim, I pull them out before the spin, wrap them in a towel to get most of the water out, then either hang dry or machine dry them.

I got measurements back from Denimio for tag sizes 31 and 32 on the slim 50s. I was hoping the measurements from TCB on the low rise would be wrong, but they are unfortunately correct. The waist also seems really big for its tag size, two sizes bigger than stated tag size, is that normal with TCB?

----------------------
Size 31, One-Wash

waist flat: 86 cm
front rise: 24.5 cm
upper thigh width: 31.25 cm
inseam: 86 cm
hem: 18 cm
----------------------
Size 32, One-Wash

waist flat: 88 cm
front rise: 25 cm
upper thigh width: 31.5 cm
----------------------

22 hours ago, Hendsch said:

Hey heavydoom, not sure what the question is?

as for streaks and creases from the spin cycle. That has not happened to my 60's but I find that anything with more substantial weight will get those.  So for heavier denim, I pull them out before the spin, wrap them in a towel to get most of the water out, then either hang dry or machine dry them.

that's it.  let me try that 

4 hours ago, Niro said:

I got measurements back from Denimio for tag sizes 31 and 32 on the slim 50s. I was hoping the measurements from TCB on the low rise would be wrong, but they are unfortunately correct. The waist also seems really big for its tag size, two sizes bigger than stated tag size, is that normal with TCB?

----------------------
Size 31, One-Wash

waist flat: 86 cm
front rise: 24.5 cm
upper thigh width: 31.25 cm
----------------------
Size 32, One-Wash

waist flat: 88 cm
front rise: 25 cm
upper thigh width: 31.5 cm
----------------------

If I remember correctly you should still go true to size. The reason for the waist measuring two inches big is due to the low rise. With a rise that low the jeans won't sit up on your waist but down on your hips which need more room than your waist. 

^ correct, that's what Inoue told me. I have a denimio voucher burning in my pocket and for a moment I've considered to buy the slim 50s. the low waist woudn't stop me but the extreme taper does unfortunately.

Still have to figure out what to buy from Denimio before the voucher expires.... the irrational part of myself is considering to get a pair of tcb overalls, though I know I won't be wearing them enough, I couldn't go to work with overalls. I was almost considering the idea of not buying Tcb this time, went straight to the Fullcount page to discover they don't carry the only FC I'd really like to try, the 0105.

Am I the only person who finds denimio website cumbersome to navigate? I'm lost between the million possibilities, windows automatically open, and wherever i put my eyes there's a sick mega slub faded pair of tight tapered Oni jeans hahah!

2 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

If I remember correctly you should still go true to size. The reason for the waist measuring two inches big is due to the low rise. With a rise that low the jeans won't sit up on your waist but down on your hips which need more room than your waist. 

Exactly. I tried on the slim 50's at my friends store a few days ago and TTS would be the way to go.

Btw, the 30's jacket is pretty crazy. The denim looks fantastic after the first wash!

Oooh, I'm very tempted to get the slim 50s! Most my jeans are quite high rise, which I prefer, but I measured the Warehouse 900s just now and they match the rise of the TCBs in my size (24,5cm), with a marginally smaller waist. I like them a lot as an alternative to and a different fit from all those similar top-blocks. That new TCB patch is my all-time favorite too! 

But alas, I will hold off for a while. I haven't really decided about the 20s contest yet, and I've promised myself to sell some of the stuff I don't use before adding new purchases to the mix. 

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

^ correct, that's what Inoue told me. I have a denimio voucher burning in my pocket and for a moment I've considered to buy the slim 50s. the low waist woudn't stop me but the extreme taper does unfortunately.

Still have to figure out what to buy from Denimio before the voucher expires.... the irrational part of myself is considering to get a pair of tcb overalls, though I know I won't be wearing them enough, I couldn't go to work with overalls. I was almost considering the idea of not buying Tcb this time, went straight to the Fullcount page to discover they don't carry the only FC I'd really like to try, the 0105.

Am I the only person who finds denimio website cumbersome to navigate? I'm lost between the million possibilities, windows automatically open, and wherever i put my eyes there's a sick mega slub faded pair of tight tapered Oni jeans hahah!

Maybe go for the duck carpenter pants?

21 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

There's a checkbox you can tick to never see the newsletter overlay again, before I noticed that I was pretty annoyed at that, too ;)

I just realized my new pair of TCB 50s doesn't have the chainstitch run-off. Was the chainstitch run off a special detail for the contest jeans? just curious. 

edit: I'm referring to the waistband area.

Edited by erk