TCB

Standard inseam is 33 inches, so unless Denimio did a special order it's 33. The tcb factory can make longer inseams when asked, they already did it for the 50's contest. You should double check with Denimio.

I think I posted up measurements for Erk previously but the inseam on my raw TCB 50s from Denimio is very long, something like 39".

EDIT: just checked my previous post with measurements - 39" inseam on a size 32.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

2 hours ago, shoreman said:

Thanks, guys. I reached out to Denimio via their support e-mail. (Hopefully there isn't too much lost in translation.) 

You'll be fine with Denimio's Customer Support.  The guys Peter and Mahoto speak very fluent English.  Very quick responses.

my tcb 30's jacket will be delivered today, I'll have it in a couple hours.

Just heard my courier buddy who already anticipated there is no sting from customs.

I'll be doing a photo dump as soon as i can, possibly over the weekend.

Quite excited at the prospect of sniffing the scent of fresh unwashed raw denim....

19 hours ago, shoreman said:

Thanks, guys. I reached out to Denimio via their support e-mail. (Hopefully there isn't too much lost in translation.) 

Here's the response I received:

"Thank you for contacting us.

We measured three pair of 
TCB JEANS 50'S one wash
https://www.denimio.com/tcb-jeans-50s.html

INSEAM length
size 31 : 37.25inches
size 34: 37inches
size 36: 37inches

When you have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards,

Mie
Denimio Warehouse
"

^ yes it's the same size, 42, and yes it's shorter than the 50's too, although still long. I remember my raw 50's jacket was significantly longer than that.

tonight I'll get back home late but unless I'm too tired I'll take measurements, give it a hot soak and a 30 degrees wash and we shall see how it is!

Also bear in mind my personal height/weight ratio, 178 cm x 90 kg. If i was 190 cm x 78 kg it would probably look too short!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Raw measurements, laid flat

TCB 30's jacket, size 42

pit to pit 55,5 cm x2 = 111 cm

shoulders 51 cm

overall length (base of the collar to the bottom) 69 cm

pit to cuff 53 cm

shoulder to cuff 67

waistband 53,5 cm x2 = 107 cm

Pit to pit raw measurement doesn't make sense with the TCB one wash chart, unless I take measurements in a different way.

too tired to soak wash now, will do it tomorrow.

I just received my one-wash version of the '30s Jacket. I have to agree with @volvo240thebestthat the measurements aren't accurate on the TCB website... Not sure if Inoue-san needs a new measuring tape lol (no disrespect)

TCB '30s Jacket OW size 40

Pit-to-pit 47.5cm

Shoulder-to-shoulder 45cm

Sleeve 61.5cm

Armhole 21.5cm

Centre back 63.5cm

The chest measurement is what shocked me most as my real chest is like 101cm. The only way I could make it match the measurement on the TCB website was by buttoning the jacket up and stretching/expanding the chest so that the front and back pleats were being put into use. I find that to be a weird way to measure the chest if that is how it was done because while the jacket may be able to accommodate a larger chest, it would look kinda ridiculous if you're busting at the seams. In an ideal world, if the sleeve and centre back measurements were swapped then it would probably be a nicer fit. Armholes are also a bit tight, but I'm not too fussed... I'm feeling like the armpits may experience a lot of friction so whatever white T-shirts I wear will feel the indigo wrath. Biceps are tighter than what I am used to for a jacket, but not uncomfortable. If for some reason I don't end up liking the fit over the next couple of weeks then I'll throw it on the market.

I'll see if I can post some pics over the next week. The denim is quite dark even though it is the one-wash version, and I quite like the seam puckering of the T-back and chest. I did notice that the buttons a really shiny and hopefully they will become duller over time. If I like the gradual evo over the next few months then maybe I'll have to look into the '20s contest.

Edited by propellerbeanie

2 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Not sure if Inoue-san needs a new measuring tape lol (no disrespect)

To a observer like me it sure does seem that way, this thread seems to show the most sizing issues of all brand threads... 

3 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

I just received my one-wash version of the '30s Jacket. I have to agree with @volvo240thebestthat the measurements aren't accurate on the TCB website... Not sure if Inoue-san needs a new measuring tape lol (no disrespect)

TCB '30s Jacket OW size 40

Pit-to-pit 47.5cm

Shoulder-to-shoulder 45cm

Sleeve 61.5cm

Armhole 21.5cm

Centre back 63.5cm

The chest measurement is what shocked me most as my real chest is like 101cm. The only way I could make it match the measurement on the TCB website was by buttoning the jacket up and stretching/expanding the chest so that the front and back pleats were being put into use. I find that to be a weird way to measure the chest if that is how it was done because while the jacket may be able to accommodate a larger chest, it would look kinda ridiculous if you're busting at the seams. In an ideal world, if the sleeve and centre back measurements were swapped then it would probably be a nicer fit. Armholes are also a bit tight, but I'm not too fussed... I'm feeling like the armpits may experience a lot of friction so whatever white T-shirts I wear will feel the indigo wrath. Biceps are tighter than what I am used to for a jacket, but not uncomfortable. If for some reason I don't end up liking the fit over the next couple of weeks then I'll throw it on the market.

I'll see if I can post some pics over the next week. The denim is quite dark even though it is the one-wash version, and I quite like the seam puckering of the T-back and chest. I did notice that the buttons a really shiny and hopefully they will become duller over time. If I like the gradual evo over the next few months then maybe I'll have to look into the '20s contest.

So does it fit after all?

9 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

So does it fit after all?

I just reread what I wrote and it does seem unclear as to how it fits. A few hours have passed and I've come to the decision that I can't make it work because it's too tight around my armpits, so I'll be returning it. The combination of the chest width and armhole makes the jacket a bit too uncomfortable for me to wear in the long run. A real shame because the measurements on TCB's website looked so promising! 

I guess this works as a good warning for those wanting to purchase the jacket. If possible, don't go off the measurements on the TCB site, but rather contact Denimio's support and ask for them to measure the jacket for you. It's more than likely that the chest will be quite a bit smaller than what you'd expect (although this is only from two peoples' accounts).

Hopefully I'm not turning people off from buying this jacket because the fabric is really rather beautiful! It's dark, and the hairiness and slub is subtle and not overly pronounced. Just double check yo' size if you can't try before you buy! =)

That bums me out. I can deal with the slim chest, slim waist and length; but the small pit and arms were what made me sell the 50s jacket. And I don't even have big arms. It was hard to even wear the jacket with just a t shirt.

21 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

way too tight too [/ED] :D

tight on the arms & biceps area right?

21 hours ago, Cucoo said:

That's way too long </ed>

Long body and sleeves just seem to be TCB's thing by now :D Denim looks great from the pic.

i dont mind the length & for the sleeves you can just roll them up! 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Su said:

i dont mind the length & for the sleeves you can just roll them up! 

Sure, sleeves aren't a dealbreaker, I had to do the same with my Lee 101 jacket. But since I got jackets with sleeves with just the right length I appreciate that, too.