TCB

Hi i am new here. Just wanna ask you guys about the 50s' denim cut.

My waist is 31.5" and i am wondering whether i go for the size 31 or 32 in a pair of 50s' cut. 

Can anyone give me any suggestion please? I cant go to try it on because i live out of the city, which mean i have to purchase online.

Thank you very much 

2 hours ago, Atcharut said:

My waist is 31.5" and i am wondering whether i go for the size 31 or 32 in a pair of 50s' cut. 

Can anyone give me any suggestion please? I cant go to try it on because i live out of the city, which mean i have to purchase online.

Thank you very much 

The 50's will sit just on top of the hips. measure your waist there. If the measurement you've provided is taken there you could fit a 31. My waist measures a little over 36 and I wear a 36. The 32 will fit as well of course, but it may hang off you a bit.

3 hours ago, Atcharut said:

Thank you very much 

Definitely go for 31 if you want your denim to be "tight" at first but to loosen on you. 32 is going to be a little on the big side. The cut of the 50s denim is pretty generous !

57 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Tcb, just washed

Deluxeware

Bronson chinos

IMG_20170328_132052_261.jpg

Tcb type I will be sent this week. This 50's jacket will be retired shortly after. It's developing one huge hole (well it was two small hole which are becoming one thing) under the cuff of the right sleeve... Will probably try some detail shots over the week end.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Took receipt of my Seamen jacket yesterday. It fit a bit larger than I anticipated and I debated exchanging it for a smaller size, but in the end I decided to throw it in a hot wash and it came out just about perfect. I would have liked another inch or so off the length but it's not a deal breaker and I'll still be wearing it a lot this spring.

Here's an idea of how the jacket looks against the seamen pants with 5/6 washes. My iPhone really doesn't do this fabric justice:

Photo%2028-03-2017%2C%2018%2023%2016.jpg

DI'd you get a 44? Yeah with the seaman it's possible to size down. I wear the same size of my other tcb tops but with the the seaman I could size down if wanted to, but I prefer to wear R that jacket a bit looser..

I bought a 42 which is my normal size. My 50s jacket is a 44 and is perfectly snug as opposed to the Seaman which was crazy wide before I washed it. Just goes to show the difference in cuts. Still, I'd rather it was on the looser side as I think it suits being worn that way. I'll try and get some fit pics this weekend.

that's strange, I wear a 42 on both jackets (seaman and 50's) and they both fit well, although I could size down to a 40 on the seaman jumper if I wanted to. Inoue wears a 42 on the 50's jacket and a 40 in the seaman but I think the seaman looks a bit too slim on him. Anyhoo after reading this I gave the seaman the first wash and yeah it shrunk a bit and the texture of the fabric "popped out" a bit too. Great jacket. I'd love to wear it more but as a layer I have always the shawl collar bulging somehow under heavier coats, and as a outer layer it's very light, so in spring it's a bit too light and during summer is so hot here that I seldom use it. Either I layer under a very heavy vest that I have, or I am left with a thin window between seasons to wear it. It'll take ages to fade it...

On 26/3/2560 at 8:30 PM, volvo240thebest said:

The 50's will sit just on top of the hips. measure your waist there. If the measurement you've provided is taken there you could fit a 31. My waist measures a little over 36 and I wear a 36. The 32 will fit as well of course, but it may hang off you a bit.

On 26/3/2560 at 9:49 PM, Collin said:

Definitely go for 31 if you want your denim to be "tight" at first but to loosen on you. 32 is going to be a little on the big side. The cut of the 50s denim is pretty generous !

Thanks a lot Volvo and Collin. 

My further point is would the 50S' cut stretch out with several wears, if they stretched 1" out, i would go for a 31" because my actual waist is 31.5"

and  it would be maximum 32" which is OK for me because i can probably put on a belt. but if i went for  32" i was afraid that it would be 33" with several

wears and it sounds pretty loose. The size i've mentioned is from Denimio which provide the measurement only one-washed version.

Up to this point, either one washed or raw version, do they stretch maximum 1" out? honestly, i thought 31" would perfectly fit me rather than 32" in 50s' cuts.

Sorry for my English, i am just an exchange student. 

Thank you very much guys  

3 hours ago, Atcharut said:

in both Raw and One-washed version? 

Thank you very much Maynard. 

Yes, in both raw and one-washed. The one-washed version is the same jean as the raw ones... Only they're washed once to remove the shrinkage (and the confusion that can often be associated with it).

Also, I noticed that you said your waist is 31.5". Did you get this measurement by measuring your jeans using Denimio's flat method? If so, might I even suggest considering the size 30. The front and back rises can also impact on the fit e.g. I need a slightly larger waist for my mid rise jeans compared to my jeans that have a high rise. @volvo240thebest would definitely have more knowledge than me, but that's what I would do if I were to go off past experience with other midweight, Japanese denim jeans. 

Hi,i`m   a little under 32 and the 32 is perfect for me. First what is your style? Do you like traditionell cut jeans and wear boots or do you prefer sneakers with slimmer fitting jeans? the tcb 50ies . i like the looser cut with little hip flares and loose butt ,thats the character of this jeans.Watch the guys wearing the jeans on tcb website ,i think they are wearing two sizes too big. I had tried size 33 which was okay in waist ,but a little too high in rise.I´m weight 73 kg and i`m 173 cm  high.

4 hours ago, Topnotcher said:

Hi,i`m   a little under 32 and the 32 is perfect for me. First what is your style? Do you like traditionell cut jeans and wear boots or do you prefer sneakers with slimmer fitting jeans? the tcb 50ies . i like the looser cut with little hip flares and loose butt ,thats the character of this jeans.Watch the guys wearing the jeans on tcb website ,i think they are wearing two sizes too big. I had tried size 33 which was okay in waist ,but a little too high in rise.I´m weight 73 kg and i`m 173 cm  high.

Do you mean 31" is quite tight for me? i just emailed to Hajime, he said 31" would be the nice fit for me for the 50s' cut. By the way, i thought if i 

would go for a 32",it might be loose when it stretches out  and i think it's quite funny when you wear the high-rise denim but it's pretty loose from your waist. 

Anyway, still confused. 

@Atcharut

EVERYONE...including the guy that makes the jeans had advised you to go for a 31!

If you have a different opinion or desired fit that's down to you!?

0.5" stretch etc is negligible regardless of the tag size, due to the very nature of cotton fabrics and their inherant shrink & stretch characteristics. 

Be bold. 

Edited by UkeNo

6 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

@Atcharut

EVERYONE...including the guy that makes the jeans had advised you to go for a 31!

If you have a different opinion or desired fit that's down to you!?

0.5" stretch etc is negligible regardless of the tag size, due to the very nature of cotton fabrics and their inherant shrink & stretch characteristics. 

Be bold. 

Thanks a lot UkeNo. Definitely, i would go for the 31" rigid one. 

Thanks for everybody who tries to involve my question, we better have  bottles of Asahi while the discussion is made up. 

On 26.3.2017 at 7:12 PM, Atcharut said:

Thank you very much 

After many washes my tcb 50ies is exactly 32" in waist,a little over 11" in front rise,back rise 16"and  12 " in thighs...i hope it helps.

I'm going to bet it's a 32...

meanwhile my jacket made it yet again to the gotha of feline TCB-ism, the brog!

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2017/04/04/15168

always enjoy to google translate the Japanese caption, this time is:

50's JK worn by Italian Brother VOLVO
Elbow wrinkles unique to musicians are the best
30 'JK seems to be wearing too, so I'm looking forward to fall colors

素晴らしい !!!!

Decided to throw caution to the wind and get some suspenders (or braces if you prefer) for my TCB 20s... well, they were made for them. I know opinions are polarised but I must say that I'm loving them.

TCB 20s, For Holding Up The Trousers, SJ Cathcart, Viberg.

2017-04-06 18.38.37.jpg

2017-04-06 18.41.12.jpg

20170407_134031.jpg

20170407_134040.jpg

19 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Hey black block,

That's an absolutely fantastic fit, it seems the 20's were made for you...

Thanks Volvo. They're great jeans - very comfortable with plenty of room in the top block. In fact, the light weight is a nice, contrasting change to the Samurai 710s I'm (mostly) rotating them with. I think the 20s will be a good friend this summer.

Picked up a pretty much new TCB type 2 off grailed recently, went with a size 40 which initially felt a bit big but after a hot-ish soak it shrunk up to a pretty good size. I think I'll probably give it a hot wash soon just to make sure all the shrink is out of it. 

Unfortunately it's getting a bit too warm here to wear it often, other than the occasional cool evening.  

TCB_1.JPG

TCB_4.JPG

I'm going to put my 50s denim jacket up for sale, I love this jacket but after wearing it for about two weeks the sleeves are just too tight on my arms and it's not really comfortable for me to wear. It's going on Grailed but if anyone from here is interested, PM me - it's a size 38.