TCB

11 minutes ago, mrman said:

It would be nice to know what the raw measurements are on that type 1 ie how much the jacket shrinks

It could be dangerous to know, believe me. You can ask Inoue of course, but I bet a tenner that posting raw measurements here will automatically generate some sizing disasters. I'd stick with the after wash measurements.

The same happened with the TCB 50's contest. Let the company calculate the shrink factor.

4 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

I noticed that there were no shoulder measurements for the '30s jacket on the TCB website. I contacted the man himself and this was his response.Screenshot_20170321-200535.thumb.png.a702d0e853ad9c23228cdc88f9fa7344.png

These are the shoulder measurements for the one-wash version, so keep that in mind when deciding! Personally, the size 40 is looking really tempting. I found the '50s jacket to have a long body and long sleeves, which wouldn't work for me since I'm 5'7".

why are there two values for the shoulder width? 

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I guess the first number is the size of the jacket and the second number is the actual measurement in cm.

you are a freak!!!   ha.  good call on this. 

9 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

I would say go same size for ranchman and 50s. My ranchman is a 40 and fits well and my 50s is a 38 but snug and not much room for layering 

Hmmm...If the first measurement is the chest then I think the 42 would be too tight (21.6"). I aim for 22" chest on my shirts so I would probably need a little extra for a sweatshirt underneath the jacket. 

seen how [well] the 42 ranchman fits you I am pretty certain the 42 will work well for yourself. The chest is 21.5 inches, true. I shoot for 22 inches P2p or even 23 but somehow the tcb jacket fits me well and I can even layer under it. My fit pic above shows you how a 42 fits on a 40.5/41 inches bare chest.

Edited by volvo240thebest

43 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

seen how [well] the 42 ranchman fits you I am pretty certain the 42 will work well for yourself. The chest is 21.5 inches, true. I shoot for 22 inches P2p or even 23 but somehow the tcb jacket fits me well and I can even layer under it. My fit pic above shows you how a 42 fits on a 40.5/41 inches bare chest.

Thanks for the tip. I just measured my chest and I'm just over 41" closer to my armpits and about 39.5-40" mid chest. If I pull the trigger it will be a 42 raw from denimio. 

I've been burned so many damn times with denim shirts and jackets lately that I'm pretty much wanting to give it up (if trying on isn't an option)...But I NEED a new type one badly. If I was previously a size 38 in a Full Count type 1 but outgrew it, would I be a 40 or a 42 in the TCB 30's, considering I want to wear it looser and wash often?

4 hours ago, aho said:

I've been burned so many damn times with denim shirts and jackets lately that I'm pretty much wanting to give it up (if trying on isn't an option)...But I NEED a new type one badly. If I was previously a size 38 in a Full Count type 1 but outgrew it, would I be a 40 or a 42 in the TCB 30's, considering I want to wear it looser and wash often?

Do you have any other well fitting jacket measurement that you can compare?

I hardly doubt a 42 could work for you. That's my size and I'm 178 cm and 90 kg, bare chest around 41 inches.

A size 42 would be almost 23 inches p2p. A 40 at 22 inches p2p should be plenty big for you, unless you look way smaller than you really are.

Got the TCB duck foreman vest yesterday. It fits a bit big, it certainly doesn't look sloppy, just a bit less snug than I'd prefer. I gave it a hot soak but will try a 40° wash too - the soak wasn't that long or agitated. It made for some pronounced puckering along the armhole seams, though.

I still like my first TCB piece! Even if it doesn't shrink a significant amount, it just means I can wear thicker shirts under it. Fabric and hardware are very nice.

2017-03-23 09.45.40.jpg

2017-03-23 09.45.58.jpg

Edited by Cucoo

Spilled a bunch of gas on myself at work yesterday while filling up a saw, so I ran my Bush pants through the wash last night. Very happy about how these things are starting to turn out.. really wanting to start a pair of TCB for casual (not to destory at my job) wear.

I stopped keeping track awhile ago (bummer), but my closest guess is putting these at about 15 ish days of wear before I took them to work and somewhere around 70 days of going to work in them.

Unknown washes, but they have been washed a fair bit, have not been giving them any kind of special treatment at all

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_5998.JPG

IMG_6002.JPG

IMG_6006.JPG

IMG_6010.JPG

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6027.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG