TCB

Perfect! Thanks for the clarification. Hoping my pay cheque rolls in tonight and I can put an order for the jeans. Had actually planned to order a new shirt tonight because I was sick of my current layering options.. but this through a beautiful wrench in that plan

My size 30 in the 70s bush pant is one of my favourite fitting pants that I currently wear, the size chart on those says that the waist measurement is "76", the size chart on the 50s slim seems to suggest that I will need to buy a 28 waist in order to get the proper fit on my waist.. 

Thats making me real nervous, Ive never been in a size 28 anything

Edited by MasonAlexander

It's probably worth sending an email through to the website as I guess they'll be able to do a direct comparison between the bush pants and the new 50s. 

We had a few sizing issues with the ranchman shirts. I think Inoue's tape measures are configured differently everyone elses!

Does anyone know if the website uses circular or lay flat measuring method? 

The lenght of that type 1 is just 62 cm? Probably would not work for me as I'm 191 / 6'3", still intrigued, though, as the rest of the measurements might work

Does anyone know if the website uses circular or lay flat measuring method? 

Edited by mrman

39 minutes ago, unders said:

I'll be intrigued by the hem measurements. A 60s cut would have been good for the shaft of engineer boots but I fear these may be too slim, let's see how it goes. Clearly the existing 50s fit would be optimal but experience has taught me that anything wider than a 60s fit just doesn't work for me. I might revisit measurements  

IH, what is the hem of your modified jeans 50s (which look great by the way). Or did they leave it alone? 

Unders, they didn't touch the hem; it looks much narrower in the photo than it really is.

I guess this means I'm the owner of the only true 50s slim. Anyone interested in a pair in a size 33? :P

The 50s slim looks a good fit for me. Looking at the measurements on the site, I take it they are not taken flat BiG style but round the circumference? 

From experience how accurate are there measurements? 

The 30s jacket looks nice! I was interested in the 50s slim but the rise is so low.

Edit:

How do you measure the length of a jacket? From top of collar and all the way down? 

Edited by tigerstrom
Added question

I've placed my preorder for the tcb 30's jacket. the measurements look golden to me for a 42, and the 42 will already feature the split panel T construction which is ultra cool.
I believe Levi's type I's had it from size 44 onwards. Tomorrow I'll know more exactly, but I think the new models will go in production next week and will be sent shortly afterwards, so hopefully within 2 weeks I'll have my fourth TCB jacket for the collection!

As for the 50's slim, if I was interested (and I am not, cause that kind of cut with mid rise, wide thigh and a significant taper looks bad on me!) I would double check those measurements via email with Inoue before ordering. I am a 36 on all TCB jeans but I would be a 34 on these ones.

Measurements of all the other jeans on the TCB shop are taken flat and BIG style, and I guess such is the case with the slim 50's too.

Can't hide my disappointment for the 50's slim original measurements...bummer. I hope they'll work as a gateway TCB drug for the lovers of modern fits though...

I have the type 2 in size 40 so I guess that's the size I'm going to order but I sometimes think it's a bit tight to have layers under. I don't have the funds right now so I will wait a couple of months but I will consider a size 42.

2 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

The 30s jacket looks nice! I was interested in the 50s slim but the rise is so low.

Edit:

How do you measure the length of a jacket? From top of collar and all the way down? 

I'd assume Inoue measured the type I and type II jackets the same way. Should give you a hint since you've already got the type II right?

I like the jacket, might pick it up later on while in Japan. 20's denim tux here I come! 

2 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

from the base of the collar all the way down.
The type I will have an appropriate length it seems. Short but not torero style!

32 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

I have the type 2 in size 40 so I guess that's the size I'm going to order but I sometimes think it's a bit tight to have layers under. I don't have the funds right now so I will wait a couple of months but I will consider a size 42.

Check out thoroughly measurements, it seems that the p2p of the 30's jacket is wider than the 50's. You may not need to size up on this. Anyhoo I'll let you know in a few weeks...

29 minutes ago, ryan123 said:

how much is shipping for the jeans to US?

to Europe it's about 30 USD with EMS. I guess it's about the same for the US.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Check out thoroughly measurements, it seems that the p2p of the 30's jacket is wider than the 50's. You may not need to size up on this. Anyhoo I'll let you know in a few weeks...

Definitely looks to be on the slightly big side. 30s jacket chest measurement for a sz 38 is 108cm or 42.5". I felt like his type 2 ran slightly small but this is looking quite the opposite. 

9 hours ago, mrman said:

Sorry, if this has been answered already, but what denim has been used on that type 1? Is there a link where you can see the full sizing tables?

this new type 1 jacket is made of the same denim as the tcb20's jeans. 

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/58cfd79f1a704bab8e01acab

so tcb experts!  is the type 1 shorter in length both in terms of the body and the sleeves when compared to the type 2?  thanks.  if the type 1 is very similar to the type 2 in sizing then i may want to get a size 40 in the type 1.  my tcb50 is fine but just a tad too long in the body and arm sleeves, just a little, not the end of the world but the jacket would have been perfect if the sleeves and body length were a little shorter.  this is just me. 

The new TCB jacket looks great, but the last thing I need right now is a jacket I can't wear until October. :D
I'll be keeping an eye out on this one, measurements look good. Maybe once fall rolls around I can justify it.
Looking forward to some pictures!

I noticed that there were no shoulder measurements for the '30s jacket on the TCB website. I contacted the man himself and this was his response.Screenshot_20170321-200535.thumb.png.a702d0e853ad9c23228cdc88f9fa7344.png

These are the shoulder measurements for the one-wash version, so keep that in mind when deciding! Personally, the size 40 is looking really tempting. I found the '50s jacket to have a long body and long sleeves, which wouldn't work for me since I'm 5'7".

Edited by propellerbeanie

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

On instragram Inoue told me that they measured in the 360 degrees method.

I am pretty sure something got lost in translation. Here's what Inoue told me:

tmp_32562-Screenshot_20170321-101149_1260877637.jpg

Good point Volvo. Inoue is saying that because the rise is so low, the waist will be worn on the hips, which are usually wider than the waist, so don't size down. I'd assume that the waist measurement for a pair of slim 50s is probably similar to the measurement of a standard pair of 50s (in the same size) taken about 2" below the waist.

Edited by Maynard Friedman