TCB

True but the stock iron suspender "two cats brand" buttons of the 20's are ultra rad, methinks

QPHokm7.jpg

what sort of snap ons did you use? I see carrhart makes some which are easy to find.

15 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

True but the stock iron suspender "two cats brand" buttons of the 20's are ultra rad, methinks

what sort of snap ons did you use? I see carrhart makes some which are easy to find.

they were the LVC ones provided with the 1937s

*just to clarify - I'm not advocating anyone use any different type of buttons. I'm just trying to say that in my experience suspender buttons weren't uncomfortable while wearing a belt and those who are concerned may not need to request a pair without them. 

Edited by erk

that's great to hear! There's been already a bit of talk about that both here and in the 20's tour thread. Ed was complaining how uncomfortable suspender buttons generally are. Possibly for us stouter guys they may pinch our bellies, not the problem for you I'd say as you seem tall and lean. Anyhoo I'm going to be positive, order the jeans with buttons and think that Ed is a sissie! Time will tell if Eddie is really a sissie or not (I'm inclined to say yes! haha).

Edited by volvo240thebest

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Nice scooter MJF9, I have an adult Micro and zoom around with my kids too, I even used to commute to work on it occasionally!

Cheers Maynard! I've loving scootering with the kids. Chance to live out a second childhood and wear the denim in at the same time!

53 minutes ago, nycsurfer530 said:

a little 50s update, coming up on a year of wear and washes almost weekly. 

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

image.jpg

At what point did you start washing them weekly?

4 hours ago, LQW said:

At what point did you start washing them weekly?

Pretty early on. I love how fluffy the denim is after being tumble dried and the indigo holds really well so there's no need to worry about them losing their color super quickly. 

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Beautiful fades surfer!

Thanks Volvo, I'm just trying to get on the level as your contest pair!

24 minutes ago, kevypf597 said:

I read through the ranchman thread and I'm still having trouble nailing down what size I should order in the chambray. My best fitting shirts are approximately:

Shoulder: 18.5"

Chest: 22"

Waist: 20"

Sleeves: 25"

Rear length: 28"

Buy through Denimio to see if say size 42 etc fits based on their sizing chart and your fit in the shirt.  That way, if it doesn't fit, the worst you can do is send it back for an exchange and be out of $20.  You can then decide afterwards on custom fitting maybe through contacting Inoue himself.

Edited by mlwdp

12 minutes ago, SLAB said:

anyone have any experience with the 606 super slim orange tabs? Are they the same denim of the 60's? Do they have selvage? 

Same cotton (California) different denim, no selvage just like the originals.

26 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Buy through Denimio to see if say size 42 etc fits based on their sizing chart and your fit in the shirt.  That way, if it doesn't fit, the worst you can do is send it back for an exchange and be out of $20.  You can then decide afterwards on custom fitting maybe through contacting Inoue himself.

Thanks for the response. I was definitely planning on going through denimio and I reached out to them for sizing help as well since I wasn't sure how accurate their size chart was. That's great news to hear that it's possible to get custom fitting through TCB. 

53 minutes ago, kevypf597 said:

I read through the ranchman thread and I'm still having trouble nailing down what size I should order in the chambray. My best fitting shirts are approximately:

Shoulder: 18.5"

Chest: 22"

Waist: 20"

Sleeves: 25"

Rear length: 28"

I think 42 it's your size. Measurements of the ranchman on paper are a bit misleading. Not sure why, but I think it may be because front and rear panels of the shirt don't coincide. Anyhoo if measurements of the 42 look to be a tad bit too big on paper it will fit you well!

14 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I think 42 it's your size. Measurements of the ranchman on paper are a bit misleading. Not sure why, but I think it may be because front and rear panels of the shirt don't coincide. Anyhoo if measurements of the 42 look to be a tad bit too big on paper it will fit you well!

Thanks Volvo!

17 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

My measurments of a size 42 is. Washed a couple of times .

Shoulder 47cm (18.5")

P2P 57cm (22.4")

Sleeves 63cm (24.8")

Rear length 76cm (from top of collar) (29.9")

Thanks for the measurements, that really helps. Seems like the 42 is the way to go and maybe I'll have a tailor shorten it for me since the length will probably be too long.

3 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Those are the 50's I suppose? They look lovely. The rise is awesome.

thank you. yes they're 50s. The rise is perfect for me, very comfortable. These are definitely my favorite fitting jeans. 

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but is there a slimmer cut in these jeans for us with skinny legs? Every fit pick here is way too baggy. Unless we are reverting back to the old JNCO days. I personally am not seeing the appeal. To each his own I guess. Were these made specifically for those with bigger thighs? A 12-14" rise just looks silly on me. Overall construction looks top notch however.

^TCB is repro and is necessarily wider than skinny jeans, but you're in luck...They're making a slimmed down 50s cut which you'll see a few pages back. Honestly though, I'd rather just get APC new cures or Nudie's if that was the look I was going for

29 minutes ago, The Chad said:

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but is there a slimmer cut in these jeans for us with skinny legs? Every fit pick here is way too baggy. Unless we are reverting back to the old JNCO days. I personally am not seeing the appeal. To each his own I guess. Were these made specifically for those with bigger thighs? A 12-14" rise just looks silly on me. Overall construction looks top notch however.

have a look at the orange superslims. they're a repro of the levis 606. then tcb preshrunk (repro of levi's 505 from late 60's). Then as Aho says TCB will launch soon a slimmed down version of the TCB 50's. here's some pics

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2017/02/28/14853

they may still be too loose for you though.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:05 AM, The Chad said:

yeah, I guess I can see what you're saying - heres me in my new TCB 60s. No turn up on 60s jeans. 

jnco-jeans1.jpg

Lol ^

TCB is a repro brand and most of  their cuts are based on 50s and 60s jeans. As volvo said tcb orange superslims or 505 is your best bet. 

Personally I love that sufu isn't the same like 10 years ago when everyone sized down one or two sizes to much ;)

I like slim fits as much as the next guy but I don't think most of the fits on here are too loose. They're about how a straight jean ought to fit.

Seems like there are plenty of other options for a good Japanese jean at a lower price point, like Japan Blue or Pherrows.