TCB

Still too early to have measurements of the proto.  I think they only made one size.  There's way too taper for my taste,  so I doubt I will get these unless there are more tweaks to the cut or unless the taper feel way less prominent on a size 36. The rise wouldn't be a problem for me.

Can someone explain to me what a denim contest entails? I'm interested in TCB (partly because I love cats, I have to admit), in particular their regular 50's model.

Edited by JDelage

58 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Can someone explain to me what a denim contest entails? I'm interested in TCB (partly because I love cats, I have to admit), in particular their regular 50's model.

have a look here:
https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/155613-tcb-happy-jeans-contest/

basically a bunch a crazy obsessive compulsive denim aficionados pick up the same brand and model of jeans (at least in this kind of contest, which to me is the most interesting!) and wear the hell out of the pants for 12/18/24 months depending on the contest rules. The one who gets the better fades wins a prize. Meanwhile everyone post updates on the jeans and general life. It's a very entertaining and extremely educational thing to do! Joking apart it's a lot of fun and the comraderie we see in contests is always fun. We are now planning a new contest which will be exclusively dedicated to the new TCB 20's jeans. Start sept 1st 2017- duration 18 months.

Edited by volvo240thebest

On 2/16/2017 at 9:55 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Hi erk,

Raw TCB size 32 measurements, BiG style:

• waist - 34"
  • front rise - 12.1"
  • back rise - 16"
  • thigh - 13.5"
  • hem - 9.25"
  • inseam - 39"

Can you give us some updated measurements post wash / soak? Also, what was the knee measurement please?

8 hours ago, Bobbo said:

^ What Aho said + the factory was located a little off in a quiet area. Didn't see a single soul except the TCB crew during my visit.

Sounds like they got it made when it comes to peacefulness and inspiration.  Beats the hustle and bustle around you  when trying to concentrate and perfect a craft.

19 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Ed was quicker haha! tell him to shorten yours, that's a perfect length for me!

Yep, there are 'lots' of standard length type 1s around but not many that might fit taller people. And if other measurements would be spot on also this time around

So I think I may have inadvertently ordered the same size as what I got for the TCB contest.

I went back through my paypal payment and saw that I ordered a 34 Raw ( the whole process for ordering the contest jeans was completely backwards to begin with. Looking back the whole process from the beginning dealt with size charts etc that ended up not being used - a lot of which was perhaps difficult to communicate via translation / non native english speakers. ) 

So what I believe I have found out is that the sizing for the contest jeans was different than what customers will currently receive when purchased either thru TCB or denimio. Wish I had checked that earlier. 

1 hour ago, alvin_cheong said:

OW, best to send Inoue an email... based on your waist measurement he will give you an suggestion on which size to get.

Do I just use the contact form on the site and write in English?

ok. so kudos to Denimio for the super fast shipping. jeans arrived this morning. 

size 32 raw measures

Waist - 16.25 across the top 

thigh - 12.75

knee - 9.5

inseam - 39 

front rise - 12 

back rise - 15

hem - 8 7/8

Edited by erk