TCB

Hey guys, actually my first post on superfuture. I'm really wanting to pull the trigger on some TCB 50's but I had some questions. 

How much shrinkage should I expect in the inseam after the initial soak? Multiple washings?
Is the paper patch TCB 50 fabric the same as the contest denim?

Thanks, everyone.

Welcome to Sufu mate!

My inseam shrunk to the stated post-wash measurements from the website http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/. Though I always throw my pair in a 40 degree machine wash rather than just a soak. 
Like Chicote said we used the standard 50's fabric for the contest - "just" got a special edition patch for the occasion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interest Check 

Size Small 50's boys jacket 

Got this for my wife. Its a little tight, thought it might work out. its not working out. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in it. Its really cool, just a little snug. Just lookin to sell it for enough money to exchange it. 

Pit to Pit - 16 3/4" 

Back shoulder seam - 14 3/8"

Sleeve from top of shoulder  - 21 7/8"

Back Length Collar seam to bottom - 20"

Edited by erk
included measurements

On 2/7/2017 at 11:31 PM, LQW said:

Quick fit-pics of my new TCB 50s! Unfortunately raw was out of stock but 2 hot soaks/tumble dry definitely got a ton of shrinkage out. 
Before: 
Hb85Efr.jpg

Texture: 
EbUfgq2.jpg

After: 
6vGh28H.jpg

I'll drop by later with some pics of these guys in action! Love them so far B)

By any chance are these size 28? If so can you throw up some measurements? Also fit looks great!

6 hours ago, Hendsch said:

By any chance are these size 28? If so can you throw up some measurements? Also fit looks great!

Yup! They're 28 one wash. Ask and ye shall receive...

I didn't take pre-wash measurements so I suppose you'll have to go off denimio's. I did have them hemmed to 72 cm which is about 28.35 inches. Honestly after wearing sitting in them for like 10 minutes they stretched right back out to one-wash measurements. No biggie though, still dig the fit!

BiG method: 
waist - 14.5 * 2 = 29
front rise - 11.5
back rise - 15
thigh - 11
knee - 8.75
leg opening - 8
inseam - 28

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

perhaps this is well known to everyone here already, but tcb 20's model is up on their webshop, all sizes raw/washed in stock 28-40.

here is what inoue wrote about them, courtesy of google translate:

TCB 20's, the model fabric created with reference to vintage of 1922 to which a belt loop was attached for the first time when it was mainstream to suspend suspender and buckle still was bespoke from cotton for this model Vertical Hat 8. The 12.5 oz dyeing is also a bluish indigo characteristic of this era.

4 hours ago, LQW said:

Yup! They're 28 one wash. Ask and ye shall receive...

I didn't take pre-wash measurements so I suppose you'll have to go off denimio's. I did have them hemmed to 72 cm which is about 28.35 inches. Honestly after wearing sitting in them for like 10 minutes they stretched right back out to one-wash measurements. No biggie though, still dig the fit!

BiG method: 
waist - 14.5 * 2 = 29
front rise - 11.5
back rise - 15
thigh - 11
knee - 8.75
leg opening - 8
inseam - 28

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

One of the best fits I've seen of a pair of 50s! 

70s Bushpant 

About 50 days of wear at work as an iromworker. Being really moved in, having steal rubbed against them, dirt and grime rubbed into them, being sprayed with sparks, the whole deal.

About 15-20 days of wear in normal life before I took them to work.

A few days of wear painting my house (notice the paint blotches haha)

Not sure on the amount of washes, but they have been washed fairly regularly. No special treatment

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

^ powerful evo. Though I see it as a pity to trash a pair of nice japanese jeans so quick. If you destroy jeans that fast you could definitely consider to wear some Carrharts or cheap Wranglers at work!

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

^ powerful evo. Though I see it as a pity to trash a pair of nice japanese jeans so quick. If you destroy jeans that fast you could definitely consider to wear some Carrharts or cheap Wranglers at work!

I defintely go through pants real quick at work. A pair of Carhartts typically only lasts me about a month, maybe 2 or 3 if Im lucky. This is the first time im Ive ever worn a good pair of denim at work, honestly, I was just really curious to see what exactly would happen. At this point though, I think I agree, kind of sad to do this to these poor pants

On 2/12/2017 at 2:01 AM, tigerstrom said:

One of the best fits I've seen of a pair of 50s! 

Phew, the stretch is unreal on these guys. I'm starting to swim in these a little. My resolve is being tested!

I need some help deciding what size I need.

So, I'm going to get another pair of 50s jeans. I've got a pair of 34's. Theyre pretty baggy and I'd like to get another pair to wear as a slimmer fit. I measure 33 at the waist, I'm wearing 32 Sugar Cane 1947s right now. 

The Denimio measurements for size 32 one wash look like they'd be something that would work, but when comparing the 34 measurements to my pair of 34s the measurements seem more like raw measurements; which makes me want to get a 33 to be safe. 

I'd like to know what a raw pair of 32s measure, so if anyone out there has any measurements from raw or any other advice that'd be awesome.

here's a link to TCB online shop

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a64374552f2ff0de0008e5

Measurements from TCB for post wash/one wash 50's W32 are

32 Waist 82 cm Length 84 cm Front Rise 29 cm Thigh 32 cm Hem width 22 cm

these are Hajime's measurements and are accurate. I wear a 36 and the measurements on the site for a 36 are exactly the same as my pair.

That said, Bobbo and Paul T both have a pair of 50's  in a 32 and they could give you first hand measurements. Don't remember if anybody in the contest or around this forum has a 33...

Edited by volvo240thebest

On 2/12/2017 at 11:50 PM, MasonAlexander said:

70s Bushpant 

About 50 days of wear at work as an iromworker. Being really moved in, having steal rubbed against them, dirt and grime rubbed into them, being sprayed with sparks, the whole deal.

About 15-20 days of wear in normal life before I took them to work.

A few days of wear painting my house (notice the paint blotches haha)

Not sure on the amount of washes, but they have been washed fairly regularly. No special treatment

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

I looked on Denimio's site but they don't carry this model so you must have bought it from Inoue direct.  I'd give it some consideration for purchase but I'm unsure about the size.  It would be better for me if Denimio sold it so if it doesn't fit, I can return it.