TCB

10 minutes ago, edmond said:

He used to do thr circumference measurement thats why its smaller 

Is it fair to say they are shrink from tagged size? ie: size 36 will shrink to a size 34? I took a 34 on my contest 50's pair and they were too tight, so I'm guessing I should've gotten a 36 at the time

In my size 36 the waist post wash it's just the same as on the 50's, 91 cm's, so I'm sure a 36 will work fine for me. Ed a 38 for you sounds too big. 36 should do for you.. I'm going to ask Hajime about the waistband but I'm already pretty certain the rise is correct.

On 13/01/2017 at 5:46 PM, bacton said:

Has anyone noticed any minor shrinkage on the ranchman shirt when washed on warm? It's been washed on cold but now I've got a stain I'm trying to get out. Wouldn't want to see it fit any tighter. 

I noticed a small amount of shrinkage. If you're concerned perhaps handwash the stained area?

2 hours ago, mrman said:

This also true to the 50s and 60s measurements available on tcb site?

Absolutely not. The measurements on the site are true (checked against my own pairs, at least for a 36!) and the front rise is measured the standard way (IE from crotch seam up to the top of jeans). It doesn't make sense at all that the 20's are measured differently.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:47 PM, volvo240thebest said:

In my size 36 the waist post wash it's just the same as on the 50's, 91 cm's, so I'm sure a 36 will work fine for me. Ed a 38 for you sounds too big. 36 should do for you.. I'm going to ask Hajime about the waistband but I'm already pretty certain the rise is correct.

Wait...do you already have a pair of 20's?! I take it I'd need a size 36 since my size 34 50's were too small in the waist. Going to be a longggggg wait waiting for the contest pair...

Edited by aho

4 hours ago, aho said:

Wait...do you already have a pair of 20's?! I take it I'd need a size 36 since my size 34 50's were too small in the waist. Going to be a longggggg wait waiting for the contest pair...

Hey Aho nope I don't have a 20's pair yet and I'll wait til the contest of course to get one. But waist measurement of the 20's are exactly the same as the 50's so I already know I'll be fine with the same size 36. If you already know a 34 won't work for the same reason you gotta go with 36 too. Funny I thought you were much slimmer than me. TCB 50's were spot on for me. these will be even better because of a 0.5 cm less front rise.

I've enquired Hajime about the front rise measurements, but he's away for the Selvedge Run in Berlin at the moment, so it may take a while before he replies.

4 hours ago, alvin_cheong said:

Volvo, do you have the 33 & 34 measurement? Thank you.:)

check page 59 on this very thread or look here (scroll the images to find the measurements)

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/587a43b441f8e89e82011537

^ not silly at all. the jeans have belt loops as well so you could wear them either with suspender, with a belt or with both, John Wayne style!

I will get a pair of vintage UK RAF suspenders (cheap, sturdy and good looking) but I hardly believe I will wear those jeans everyday with suspenders.

4bed3ed295a02d7f35946d4ddc0afb52.jpg

The TCB 20s, if they're the same cut as the Tour pair, are pretty good without suspenders.

Cinch -back jeans that are especially high rise tend to hang better with suspenders - for instance my Lee 1930s. I bought a pair of RAF or UK Army suspenders and enjoyed them as a change. You need them, as the waist is quite high up, probably near your belly button, and without suspenders they'll gradually sink downwards.

In contrast, the waist on the TCB isn't that far above your hips, so they hang pretty well and don't seem to wander down and give that "sagged" look.

These will be my first pair of pre-'37's so it'll be interesting dealing with all the things that people confronted in those days, and having to take it into consideration, such as: remove the suspender buttons? Cut off the cinch? Avoid certain leather/wood seating? Suspenders? Avoid campfires? Pick up smoking so I can light matches against my pant leg?

Pretty geeked about it :D