TCB

i'm absolutely in on that idea volvo! as badly as I want a pair of tcb 50s for their fabric alone, i could never imagine swinging the thigh and hem measurements (well, actually, there would be quite a lot of swinging were I to try and make the fit work) and this sounds like an ideal compromise. i hope you're able to gather some more interest!

4 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

On a different note- today I traveled up from NYC to Monson Massachusetts to visit a brewery called Tree House. Every Wednesday they release two different cans so some my brothers and I drove up. Treehouse is really known for their different IPAs. We also stopped by a beer distributed and I bought a sour ale with pineapple. I also have some pics of my 50s in natural light.

Cool, Both treehouse and nightshift make some tasty beer! Nice to see my local beers on sufu =)  How crazy was the line at treehouse?

They usually open at 12 so that's when I arrived but they opened at 11 because their two beers were new releases so the line moved quickly and I only waited 25 mins. I've gone before and had to wait over an hour though. 

As soon as I'm able I'll be heading up to Boston to pick up some Trillium!

Edited by nycsurfer530

12 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

They usually open at 12 so that's when I arrived but they opened at 11 because their two beers were new releases so the line moved quickly and I only waited 25 mins. I've gone before and had to wait over an hour though. 

As soon as I'm able I'll be heading up to Boston to pick up some Trillium!

Definitely check out trillium! We did a blind tasting at work of New England style IPA's  a while back with all the heavy hitters included and Trillium won by quite a few votes. From what I have heard, the amount of hops they use per bbl of beer borders on the ridiculous! 

35 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Does anybody know have the measurements for the chambray ranchman in size 46? They aren't available on the happyjeans store and the denimio specs look like those that got everybody in trouble last year with the initial order. For reference, I wear an XL in the buzz rickson's chambray. Thanks.

Add 2cm on every size 44 measurement except sleeve length.  If your Buzz has at least 53cm in the shoulders and 64cm in the chest then you'll fit in the chambray. 

I just oust wonder what size 48 would look like from Inoue!

Edited by mlwdp

Thanks for the reply mlwdp. The BR XL chest measures 23.5 in / 59-60cm and 19.5 / 49.5cm in the shoulders. This actually makes me think I need a 44, but after everybody ending up with shirts are too small I feel like I've convinced myself that I'm going be disappointed. 

Broak, you out there? I know you wear a BR chambray in XL and that your TCB 44 turned out too small. Was that a chest/middle issue or a shoulder problem? 

3 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Thanks for the reply mlwdp. The BR XL chest measures 23.5 in / 59-60cm and 19.5 / 49.5cm in the shoulders. This actually makes me think I need a 44, but after everybody ending up with shirts are too small I feel like I've convinced myself that I'm going be disappointed. 

Broak, you out there? I know you wear a BR chambray in XL and that your TCB 44 turned out too small. Was that a chest/middle issue or a shoulder problem? 

For what it is worth, I wear an xl in the buzz chambray and the 42 ranch man fits me well. The chest is fine but the belly is a touch tight. If I were to buy one again I would buy a 44 I think (cause I am only going to get fatter over time).

Edited by pudaspriest

46 minutes ago, pudaspriest said:

For what it is worth, I wear an xl in the buzz chambray and the 42 ranch man fits me well. The chest is fine but the belly is a touch tight. If I were to buy one again I would buy a 44 I think.

I think likewise for me, I would probably need a XXL in the Buzz.

Edited by mlwdp

4 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

I'll get you some measurements tomorrow, and honestly the Buzz chambray in XL is a bit snug after a few washes. I mainly just wear it open over tees now, need a XXL.

ladies and gents here the TCB 20's brochure with photos and measurements for your kind perusal.

Everything is written in Japanese for your fine understanding too!

Measurements are post wash as per usual with TCB. Quite chuffed with the 29 cm front rise on a size 36. I can keep drinking beer and no matter what I'll be able to put a pair of 20's on.

It's great to think that Hajime hunted for a pair of cinchbacks after we asked for it, and here we are now. Happy days!

8aVN1pY.png

6K9S1A0.png

dalI8l6.png

Or8fmI9.png

r0dBHxG.png

3BeR9WP.png

dNyNofQ.png

M9svVev.png

Edited by volvo240thebest

^ I really hope the measurements are correct, wrong or not....

My 50's are 29.5 cm front rise, measured from my own pair. So if the 20's will be 29 cm it will be just perfect to me, as it won't but my gut in two and it won't give me the dreaded muffin top look.

Drink more beers, eat more junk food, grow a belly and you would end up to love a 29.5 rise!

Here's my measurements for my 44 Ranchman.

P2P: 23 in.

Shoulders: 19.75 in.

Length: 30.5 in.

Sleeves: 26.5 in.

I think the measurements are a bit misleading to be honest, might be due to the high armholes. I'd love to sell this one so I can buy one in the appropriate size. :D

YFA6iAw.jpg

2QWd07o.jpg

PEjbp4I.jpg

iQz3mE9.jpg

I had a chat with Hajime re my idea of a 60's cut jeans with 50's details and denim and it turns out that he already was planning something similar for later this year. He will make a slim version of the 50's, which he calls 50's slim original. Basically 50's denim and details/original slim-ish cut rather than repro loose 50's cut.