TCB

Hello fellow TCB fanatics!

I'm interested in purchasing both the Seamans trousers and jacket, and was hoping to get some direct input on sizing. As far as the trousers go, I have heard all variations in fitting small, tts, and a bit large. Generally, I wear a 32 in most bottoms, usually with a desired bit of extra waist room. I also plan on washing these items frequently, and want to accommodate for any shrinkage they may face over the long run. I'm leaning towards a 34 in the trousers to get a true anti-fit, and depending how large they are, attempting to hot/wash dry them for desired shrinkage. Regarding the jacket, I actually have little idea on what the fit is like, other than being fairly slim. I was leaning towards a 40, since that is what I have worn in other brands (i.e Sugar Cane 1954) that works well, with enough room to layer, but not look sloppy on its own. Would love to hear any thoughts from anyone owning either about what the wash/wear sizing is like on these!

Thanks in advance!!!! 

I have the Seamens trousers (shorts edition anyway) in 34 and they're fairly large. I'm a 33 waist and I need to wear a belt to hold them up; I also got them tapered because the thighs were huge. They'll probably be humongous on you, but I guess that's the TCB look.  :P

Does Inoue offer a raw version? One-wash is standard and they didn't shrink any further for me.

I'm interested in purchasing both the Seamans trousers and jacket, and was hoping to get some direct input on sizing. As far as the trousers go, I have heard all variations in fitting small, tts, and a bit large. Generally, I wear a 32 in most bottoms, usually with a desired bit of extra waist room. I also plan on washing these items frequently, and want to accommodate for any shrinkage they may face over the long run. I'm leaning towards a 34 in the trousers to get a true anti-fit, and depending how large they are, attempting to hot/wash dry them for desired shrinkage. Regarding the jacket, I actually have little idea on what the fit is like, other than being fairly slim. I was leaning towards a 40, since that is what I have worn in other brands (i.e Sugar Cane 1954) that works well, with enough room to layer, but not look sloppy on its own. Would love to hear any thoughts from anyone owning either about what the wash/wear sizing is like on these!

Thanks in advance!!!! 

how tall are you etc....?  i got the jacket in a 40 and the pants in a 36.  the pants are huge and loose on me but that's the way i like it : anti fit!!!!!!!  it's like wearing baggy chinos.   i am 5 feet 8 inches tall,  stocky build and weigh about 180 lbs.  i think the jacket was a bit big on me at first but now it fits better after some major shrinkage.  the length of the jacket is perfect and the sleeves i had to roll up a little cuff for the perfect fit.  the jacket is loose and open at the bottom.  it's a very relaxed fit.  i am in love with the shawl collar!!!!   so sexy.  in the size 40 i still have plenty of room for a sweater even after shrinkage. 

Edited by heavydoom

I would recommend going TTS for the Seaman pants as they are very generous in cut and will stretch around the waist. I can't imagine they would shrink enough on a hot wash to justify going a size up. It's worth checking the measurements here as they were nearly 100% accurate in my experience, however mine definitely did not shrink 1.5 inches after the first wash:

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=28&product_id=77

Im a size 33 also and get size 34 the seaman trousers as they dont make any in sz 33. agreed with iron horse they fairly big and i need a belt to hold them off, upsize is the wise choice than a too snug fit for this pants, you're looking for anti fit anyway.

Thanks for all the input everyone! After reading some of the advice and reviewing some more of the measurements, I may actually go with the 32, since my actual waist is closer to a 31.5ish, and so a 33 post wash or even 32 with some stretch should probably be enough (3 inches up in the waist might just be slightly overkill). Jacket-wise, I am about 5'10" and somewhat slim, so I think I will give the 40 a shot, and give an update once the items have arrived! 

Received my TCB 505 today. The waistband is significantly darker than the rest of the jeans. It looks like they used different denim on that part. Tag size is 34 but I measured 32" laying flat...

Maybe they really have some issues? I don't know. Not decided what to do with them.

Wondering when TCB will be carried stateside in USA?

We carry a bunch of the stuff here in Vancouver Canada. Can be close depending on where you're at.... but I see you're in Greensboro... Not even Close. Theres a shop on the East Coast of Canada called Blue Button Shop that also has a few of their styles. 

Thanks in advance!!!! 

Yo G , Here are some flicks of the TCB Seamans 34 and the 40 type 2. 

You can look and see some of my flicks of how i wear things... 6'1" 175 lbs.. Typically a 30 in most jeans with no soak or wash, and a 40 in most jackets. That said, If i was going to soak the TCB jacket Id run the 40 because it is long, With the pants Id go 32 if i just ran em and 34 if I was going to try to snug em up a little bit. Hopefully this helps with some visuals. 

DSCF8941.jpgDSCF8940.jpgDSCF8939.jpgDSCF8934.jpgDSCF8932.jpgDSCF8928.jpg

Received my TCB 505 today. The waistband is significantly darker than the rest of the jeans. It looks like they used different denim on that part. Tag size is 34 but I measured 32" laying flat...

Maybe they really have some issues? I don't know. Not decided what to do with them.

b_F, the kitties turned out to be bad kitties?

You should review this pair while you still have it!

These wrong measurements aren't good - might as well be missing the back pockets for all the good a pair of 32" will do for someone who needs 34.

Waistband with a different fabric, if indeed so, is pretty ridiculous. 

Aren't a couple of the folks here chummy with TCB or are retailers?

With all the things seemingly going wrong, I wonder what TCB has to say?