TCB

Here's a few iPhone shots of the newspaper bag in case anyone is interested. My apologies for the lighting as my flat is terrible for taking photos.

Front:
Photo%2003-09-2016%2C%2014%2022%2002.jpg

Strap with multi-coloured stitching:
Photo%2003-09-2016%2C%2014%2023%2044.jpg

Chain stitch run-offs and orange bartacking:
Photo%2003-09-2016%2C%2014%2039%2023.jpg

Gold snap buttons and TCB label:
Photo%2003-09-2016%2C%2014%2020%2007.jpg

yeah he's doing a one off run of the  duck cloth jacket.

Not 100% but pretty sure it won't have the leather patch.

yeah, the regular edition is non leather patch.  classic works version has the leather patch.   thanks. 

Ok, here are the measurments on my size 32. I washed them after a month of wear and then wore them for about two or three months before my Ooes arrived.

Never worn:

Waist 80 cm

Thigh 33 cm

Inseam 81 cm (originally 85 cm)

Legopening 20.5cm

Front rise 31 cm

Back rise 38 cm

2-3 months of wear after the last wash:

Waist 82cm

Thigh 33cm

Legopening 20cm

Inseam 80-81cm

Front rise 30.5cm

Back rise 39 cm

An update to my 50s jacket odysseia. As I previously reported I got incorrect sizing info from Inoue before ordering. Had to pay customs charges but the jacket was too small and I sent it back, obviously paid for that too. After that no replacement, no refund, only vague answers (next week this, next week that...) to my e-mails and then radio silence. Probably have to contact PayPal as it's obvious Inoue is not going to do the right thing.

Shame as Tcb stuff is beautiful and really would have liked to have that jacket. I know most of you are happy with your contacts with Inoue but just from my own experience he seems to be full of it. He doesn't seem to be that keen to correct matters when things ultimately do go wrong. Too bad.

i just gotta say as there has been a lot of negative talk about inoue that i have never had anything but great experiences in my communication with inoue. He has alway been perfectly clear and punctual to me when communicating, he emails me to ask how i enjoy his products. And when there was a communication error about shipping, on my part no less, the package was returned to Inoue via US Postal and inoue resent it to me at no extra charge. Things like that are a part of why i love TCB and i'm sorry if some of you haven't had the best experiences but inoue isn't out to rip anyone off,  he isn't, as mrman says, "full of it". 

Have to agree with the above.

Having had dealings with Inoue on a buisness level. He has never been more than a gentleman and is a genuinely nice guy.

He works extremley hard running a brand and goes out of his way to correspond personally with all his customers. Something you wouldn't find with many other brands. 

Im sorry to hear that you had a bad experience Mrman but you are the exception rather than the rule. 

As I already stated above I know most of you have had great experiences with him and I did not claim otherwise. But based on my own experience he's far from customercentric and does not seem to be very reliable. A thing no one can deny even if their own communications have been succesful. They can only speak for themselves.

Case of point, I find it strange that time and again he has time to post on ig or make blog posts but does not have time to answer e-mails from a customer. If I was in his shoes, I would do just the opposite, first make sure that the current customers were happy.

I thought that you were permitted to share your experiences, both good and bad. And to make it clear, I'm not out to get Inoue, I will report back if he does put things straight.

Edited by mrman

communication with Inoue does seem to be hit or miss. I had a hard time getting in touch with him regarding a shirt that I ordered but was able to do so with Volvo's help at the end. If you look in the Ranchman group order thread a few other guys had similar experiences. mrman isn't the exception

I would say if you just need a regular item it is probably safer to go with an online retailer. However, if you need to special order a shirt or a jacket it is definitely worth it to go through Inoue. It might take a while but you will eventually get it and it is worth it since I don't know of any other brands that offer similar services.

Ok, here are the measurments on my size 32. I washed them after a month of wear and then wore them for about two or three months before my Ooes arrived.

Never worn:

Waist 80 cm

Thigh 33 cm

Inseam 81 cm (originally 85 cm)

Legopening 20.5cm

Front rise 31 cm

Back rise 38 cm

2-3 months of wear after the last wash:

Waist 82cm

Thigh 33cm

Legopening 20cm

Inseam 80-81cm

Front rise 30.5cm

Back rise 39 cm

Thanks a lot for that! They don’t seem to have stretched out much but there wasn’t probably much stress on the denim. Was your pair one-wash or raw when you received them?

I've only had good communication experiences with Inoue, except the odd chest measurements on the ranchman group order, haha. But I'd say it's a good thing these bad experiences comes to light as well. Hopefully it leads to an understanding on Inoue's end how important his customers think it is but also for potential buyers that right now maybe you shouldn't expect the dream experience us early customers had and raved about.

I don't know for certain that is the cause but TCB is growing rapidly, it was very clear from when I visited the factory, and I suppose that could effect how well Inoue can keep up his customer service. 

Hopefully it all gets sorted out for you Mrman! 

I had no issues with Inoue, and was nervous as hell as I was trusting my money/PayPal with him for an size 46 ranch man. I still have to thank him because I wear the shirt so much people ask if that's the only thing I have lol! I love the shirt and it fits perfectly. Just give him some time. He'll come through, especially since it's custom made.

ranchman denim shirt arrived, size 40. Love the fit and i'm debating they chambray version as well.

DU38bQu.jpg?1

Wearing the 40 .. How tall are you? (Height/weight) and what size T do you typically wear ? 

These are great and we've been wanting to order them for a while, I just never really trust measurements on sites. 

Thanks G 

T

@tj the Ranchman shirts run smaller compared to everything else Hajime makes. Eg if you are a 40 on the TCB jackets/vests go for a 42 on the ranchman unless you want a tight fit.

I have no more to add re Hajime and his customer service as I think Bobbo already said what I wanted to say. TCB is growing and probably Hajime has a hard time now to keep up the custom work options and the great customer service some of us had experienced awhile ago.

MrMan keep the good faith I am sure Hajime will get in touch and will sort you out.