TCB

I second what MF says here ^

the TCB 60's have a mid rise, it's about 11.3 inches on a size 36, and a very little taper (they still look straight).

check out measurements and if in doubt go for the 505, which have a higher rise and a more prominent taper.

I have no direct experience with the 505's, though I can tell you that if you can deal with the 60's measurements go for them, they're an amazing pair of jeans in every aspect, fabric, fit and construction. But again, the rise mid/low rather than mid/high.

I actually had to go to a Levi's forum/jc penny lol to compare the 60's and 505. From looking at measurements on both 60 and 505, the 60's are similar to Levi's 501 STF and 505 is similar to Levi's 505 (preshrunk). Levi's 505 and TCB 505 have zipper fly and 60's do not.

Edited by mlwdp

Yes, TCB tries to make great reproduction jeans.

The 50s pair is a reproduction of a pair of Levi's 501XX from the1950s and the 60s model is the same (a Levi's 501XX reproduction from the 1960s).

And it's the same with the 505. Although I think Japanese brands try to create the earliest introduction of this model as I'm not aware they create 505 '70s or 505 '80s

TCB seamans trousers are my current favorite jeans. Perfect for summer. Nice lightweight denim that still has good texture. And I love the fit. I had been hesitant about buying them because I thought the inseam was super short for some reason, which is not the case. FW 1947 are still my all time favorite jeans, but I'm really enjoying wearing these and they are a great price, too.

My new pair of Samurai 710xx 19oz in 35 are pretty much my favourite fitting pair of jeans I've ever had. They are spectacular!

They are a great combo of slimness/wideness which looks great on me (haha, seriously tho...my ass looks great in these) 

The denim is also pretty interesting, i am on day 5 of these now and they are already showing some electric blues in the whiskers, combs, and high wear areas. Its nuts 

60's are in the mail. They will be my first 60's cut as I don't really care for 60's details but I figure I should stay open minded, and these are my first pair from TCB so I'm excited to check out the brand.

It's been 4 years since I bought a new pair of jeans so I'm really stoked. I'm also going through the painful routine of pointlessly and relentlessly refreshing a UPS tracking page for the first time in a while though.

Edited by Ignaurus

^ have no clue but I tell you the measurements on TCB online shop are kosher (post soak), checked against my own pairs of 50's 60's, jackets, vests etc etc...The rakuten measurements might be raw rather than one wash.

TCB 60's arrived yesterday which is insanely fast, couldn't believe it.  I was worried about the waist instantly but I think it will work, I just won't be throwing these into the machine any time soon. Did a cold soak last night and I'm currently giving just the legs a hot soak to get the inseam right.

Love the jeans. I put them on this morning and couldn't take them off, ending up going to work in them which I never do. I run a restaurant and even if I spend a whole day in the office/running errands rather than in the kitchen I still end up coming home with some shit on my pants somehow. So yeah - no selvedge at work. Except for today. I was extra careful, it was worth it. 

TCB 60's arrived yesterday which is insanely fast, couldn't believe it. I was worried about the waist instantly but I think it will work, I just won't be throwing these into the machine any time soon. Did a cold soak last night and I'm currently giving just the legs a hot soak to get the inseam right.

Love the jeans. I put them on this morning and couldn't take them off, ending up going to work in them which I never do. I run a restaurant and even if I spend a whole day in the office/running errands rather than in the kitchen I still end up coming home with some shit on my pants somehow. So yeah - no selvedge at work. Except for today. I was extra careful, it was worth it.

You bought a raw pair? What size?

Yup. Raw size 34.  Here are measurements (BiG) after one lukewarm soak and one cold wash.

Waist: 33.5

Front Rise: 10

Thigh: 12.5

Hem: 8.75

Inseam: 36

By far the lowest front rise I own but so far so good.  Inseam on these is great as I'm 6'5".  Higher rises usually help offset lower inseams for me but this pair seems like it will work out nicely, just the other way around.

sqom93m.png

I love the lighter hue and weight of this denim.  This picture shows neither of those things as it was taken while drying, it's just a little bit of overexposed hairyness for everybody (my apologies to those that prefer a landing strip or other more manicured shapes, I didn't have the time.)

C5FcHeg.jpg

Absolutely love the patch design. My goal when I get older is to be a cat lady.

Edited by Ignaurus

guys, if you ever see me in person feel free to punch me in the face for asking this question for the 1000th time:  Measurements on TCB website are post wash yes?  So a size 34 Seamens pant measures out at about 34.5"?  Did/do they continue to shrink if you nuke 'em in a hot wash?  And do they stretch much?  I could pull off a 32 if thats as small as the waist gets given the generous measurements everywhere else and they do stretch.  Ideally I would get a 33" waist but alas not made...

My pair are an inch larger in the waist, an inch higher in the rise and about the same in the thigh compared to the Tuckshop measurements (I haven't checked the TCB measurements). They will stretch after a few wears but only a little as they're already a very relaxed fit. I'll report back once they've had their first wash. I think you'd be fine with a 32 or a 34 depending on preference.

gnomes, mine are 32. They are roomy when I button them and that's just how I like it. The TCB measurements are post-wash. They shrink a little in length after a hot wash and warm tumble at the laundromat, not much in the waist. The waist will stretch about an inch like any others and quite quickly in an active lifestyle. I wash them every week or so and after five or seven days, they feel much bigger in the waist. I would size up to the 34 and wear them LOOSE. That's the look.

Gnomes, probably either size will work for you. The rise is really high so I guess that's something to consider when deciding waist size. My size 32 never really gets smaller than 33" in the waist and there is tons of room in the top block, so if you're actual waist is 33 I think you'll be fine. Or size up and wear a belt. You live in Oakland? Me too, maybe I will punch you in the face for asking size questions...