TCB

Not that much happening here, but I thought I'd post an update on the Orange Superslims. Funny thing is I went ahead and ordered one size up a couple of weeks ago then tried on these after, and - lo and behold - now they fit again! Well, not bad to have two pairs with somewhat different fits. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Due to tightness it's more of an overall fade than contrasty folds and creases. And the tricky winter light on my balcony makes them a little bit lighter than they are. 

I owe an update on my TCB 60s. They've really started to take off recently. I've actually cut back a little on the washing regime, and since I've also lost a couple of kg due to marathon training, the fit is quite relaxed now (they stretch quickly post wash). Nevertheless, train tracks are starting to look epic and the roping is something else. Work has been bonkers since december hence my lack of posting, but I'm hoping to get some pics up soon. I am not even close to needing any repairs yet either (famous last words). Pics soon :-)

Mandel did you get your jacket?

Edited by holio cornolio

^ Mandel I had it shortened by about 3-4cm as I recall. I could have taken another 4 cm off the length of the size 40 though, but I don't know about the 38.

Some sneaky peeks of my TCB 60s The tracks are actually way more defined and contrasty than my iPhone can reproduce. But you get the idea..

24830881080_32b39c84ba_c.jpg

25008308072_9f792b947b_c.jpg

25100184116_cff4ccdb52_c.jpg

It really is. This is the most comfortable denim I have ever worn. Break in was minimal - non existent. It starts out quite hairy and dark, and is relatively easy to fade. I'm guessing I had gone for a 31, they would work out a little more contrasty if only because I have washed these a little more than I planned to try and keep the fit a little tighter. As it is, these are working out very well, and I like them very much. It's a nice vintagey look. I will try and post some pre and post wash pics in the next few weeks. I'm trying to hold off washing for another couple of weeks.

finally - how could I forget? roping (excuse the socks)

24831429320_483c28129e_c.jpg

I received the new Oranges Friday. Interesting how the difference between size 30 and 32 is major, they look like two very different cuts on me (fit pics and comparison to come), one superslim, one quite loose and almost anti-fit. 

I enquired a bit about chainstitch hemming in Norway without luck, so I just hemmed with a lockstitch last night to an unusually short 30" inseam (wanted to try the Resolute style). Looks allright.

I know it may sound a bit of blasphemy to some purists but a lockstitch hem can be quite beatiful as well. when I have time I'll post a pic of the roping on my tcb 60's, which were hemmed with a lockstitch (didn't care at all back then!).

cool pic, those folded cuff are massive but work great with the engineer boots. for sure your mate doesn't do things half assed ; )

Edited by volvo240thebest

cross post from DWC thread: These pics are pretty crappy, but colour is pretty true. I've taken them in indirect light and although contrast isn;t quite there, it's close. These are slightly more contrasty in real life, but only slightly. I like these a lot.

update time. It's been a while. Started wearing these in May. they've been washed reasonably regularly, I don;t know how many washes now. 7? 9? not sure. I reckon I'm wearing these around 4 days a week now, as work commitments require more formal attire, but I'm staying pretty faithful to the TCBs jeans wise... anyhow - pics:

24957029580_434a7586cb_c.jpg

24621999824_279101d998_c.jpg

24621997784_e28189345f_c.jpg

25226391346_ca29be0652_c.jpg

24957045380_6621423065_c.jpg

25252641315_851987b23a_c.jpg

25159483591_5f43fd0d9f_c.jpg

nope those are some 50's + chinchback added,

Inoue can't find an original 30's Levi's ATM so the the 30's model it's on hold till he'll find one.

thanks for the info!!!!

on another note, i asked hajime again and he will be doing a winter blanket lined jacket for next fall/winter.  i really want one and hopefully it will be a wool blanket lining.

^ you're right they are a lovely colour. I'm actually kind of reluctant to wash them at this point because I like the colour so much.

They need a soak as they're getting a little baggy, but I don't want to lose any more indigo. I'm shopping around now for ideas for my next pair of jeans, but I keep coming back to these. Part of me wants to try something new, but rational me says, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I should also point out that apart from the stitching on the corners of the back pockets beginning to fray, these are still not showing any sign of needing repair anywhere.

the stitching on the 60's is polycore I believe, didn't broke almost anywere (except some negligible bit of stitching in the backpocket corner which doesn't change the overall functionality of the jeans) also on my super well travelled pair.

they still have a huge of potential to express, I'd give them another 6 months of dedication before passing on working on another pair. And also I may add that they'll look great with more washes, there's still a lot of indigo, don't be afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

i saw photos before of the carpenter denim on the blog and now see they have popped up on the store. hopefully ill be able to pick up a pair soon enough. can anyone in the loop with tcb tell me a little bit more about the denim, fit, and construction details typical of tcb?

hi there I know quite well tcb products but I have no direct experience with the carpenter pants.

TCB is pretty much a repro brand, even the most finicky little details are very well thought. they use vintage sewing machines

I know that the duck cloth he uses is made with Zimbabwe cotton, as the 50's as well. I don't have a clue about the denim used for the carpenter pants. the 60's denim is made out of California cotton.

Ask for a more specific question and I might be able to give you a more specific answer :D

guys, sorry for a stupid washing question but here it is : i noticed that when i wash denim clothing in a washing machine and i spin dry the garments, i can see these lines appearing at certain areas of the garments.  they are like a straight line running down the sleeves or the legs of the trousers.   i think i should hand dunk the dirty garments next time, give them a good rinse and just drip dry the denim.  i would use just a little bit of detergent.   i just never had a problem with my previous denim garments when i spin dried them.  i also think it's because the tcb denim is still very raw.  my jeans and jeans jacket are still quite stiff.  i actually had the same lines appear on my seamen jumper and that is a lighter weight denim and feels soft after it was dry.  i got the same lines down the sleeves on the seamen jumper.  down the side of the sleeves.    any helpful suggestions?

thanks.