TCB

B2B87654-D474-400A-BDF3-9C66BF947A58_zps

third winter going strong for my TCB 50's jacket

I think I've never worn that much a single item of clothing in such a short time, and it's holding surprisingly well. there's only one hole that needs to be mended and some extra cotton stitchings that need to be redone, little things.

I wear it 5/6 days a week layered under heavier coats. 6 washes so far, thinking of doing a 7th just for the craic!

I'd say go for a 31 which has a waist of 79.75 cm ( a smidgen less than your natural waist 31.5 inches).
To be extra sure you could double check a pair of jeans you already have which has a similar front rise. the rise on a 31 TCB 50's is 28.75 cm. if the waist of a pair you have with similar rise is around 79.75 cm you'll be sound.
for reference here the sizing chart, in Japanese and cm for your fine understanding!
https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a64374552f2ff0de0008e5
measurements are post wash, and the order is waist, inseam length, front rise, thigh, hem width.
don't expect a lot of stretch as the TCB 50's stretches only a little.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I'd say go for a 31 which has a waist of 79.75 cm ( a smidgen less than your natural waist 31.5 inches).

To be extra sure you could double check a pair of jeans you already have which has a similar front rise. the rise on a 31 TCB 50's is 28.75 cm. if the waist of a pair you have with similar rise is around 79.75 cm you'll be sound.

for reference here the sizing chart, in Japanese and cm for your fine understanding!

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a64374552f2ff0de0008e5

measurements are post wash, and the order is waist, inseam length, front rise, thigh, hem width.

don't expect a lot of stretch as the TCB 50's stretches only a little.

Thank you so much volvo240thebest    :D

hey volvo, i have a few questions for you.

pre shrunk means that tcb has washed the jeans for you already, right?  so it's kind of like a post wash but done by them rather than you.

50's and 60's come in both post wash and raw?  maybe i am wrong.  sorry if i have asked you this already.

pre shrunk means that the denim used is sanforized so you don't have to experience further shrinking from the fabric.

these are a repro of late 60's Levi's 505 which were the first sanforized jeans made by Levi's.

50's and 60's are made out of unsanforized, shrink to fit denim, and come either raw or one wash.

As volvo said the preshrunk are sanforized. I ordered my tcb 505 a month ago and they were also washed by tcb if I understood Inoue-san correctly. I'm sure you can have them unwashed too if you want.

Edited by tigerstrom

you guys seen the new pics on the tcb site?  i think they are two new pants, i could be wrong, made of the chore coats duck material and the denim chore coat material.  you can see the unfinished belt loops in the pics.

5'9 / 170 lbs (175 cm / 77 kg)

Looking to get the Type 2. Generally a 40 in US shirts. Thinking I should go 42 and if roomy, shrink down a bit. Other option is go 40 and be careful about shrink.

Not really sure - went back through most of the thread and I'm still torn.

Thoughts?

EDIT: conversions!

Edited by Articulate

@articulate you'll be safe and sound with a 40. for reference I am 175cm and weight between 88kg/90kg and I am a 42. you won't even need the overall length of the jacket to be modified, should be fine as is.