TCB

hey CMO, fwiw look this pic

12243754_924412010972647_1591020822.jpg

on the left 505 TTS, on the right 505 sized up for a looser fit.

I guess the model is a small skinny man wearing probably a 30 or something like that. if you're bigger proportions will be different of course.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I like them a lot! They were pretty snug at the waist but they start to feel really good after a day! I was afraid that I wouldn't like the zipper but it hasn't bothered me at all. I love the soft feeling of the denim, one of my favourite things with the 505!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope this isn't annoying. I am looking into buying the type II jacket and need help sizing. I am 5'9" 170 lbs and had the sugar cane type II in size 40 that fit well. I want to be able to wear a thin hoodie under it. Should I go with a size 40? I am not too concerned with the body length, unless you guys think that it will be outrageously long.

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, hope this isn't annoying. I am looking into buying the type II jacket and need help sizing. I am 5'9" 170 lbs and had the sugar cane type II in size 40 that fit well. I want to be able to wear a thin hoodie under it. Should I go with a size 40? I am not too concerned with the body length, unless you guys think that it will be outrageously long.

Thanks for any help.

I'm 5'11" 160lbs and have a 38. Fits slim and can still wear a sweatshirt and button down underneath.

Cross post from DWC thread regarding my TCB 60s. - They've been worn as far as possible exclusively since May. They are holding up well, no repairs, and fading is coming on nicely. They are regularly washed - about once a month, maybe every 3 weeks now. Washing at 60 degrees © and tumble drying when time is tight. They shrink up pretty snug post tumble dry, but stretch back within 2 days now. Marbling is quite prominent, but obviously you can't see that from these crappy pics. These are still my favourite jeans :-)

edit - unusually, these pictures really don't show up the level of contrast well. Next decent day I will try to take some pics that showcase contracting better. They look better than this in real life

Loooooong overdue update. Work has been pretty frantic recently, so have not been doing this much. I couldn't be happier with how my TCB 60s are progressing. They've been washed way more than I anticipated, and just get better and better. I try to wear them as much as possible, and would say that on average, they have been worn 4-5 times a week since May and washed every 3-4 weeks. I've lost a little weight, so fit is slightly looser than was originally, but by no means loose. Traintracks on these are coming on an absolute treat. Still no repairs and no real sign of needing any, but crotch may need some attention probably in the next 3-4 months I guess.

Anyway pics. I won't promise detail pics any time soon, but they will come in time.

23177775894_65c007c439_c.jpg

23697490932_c95436981a_c.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

good stuff holio, I like the shirt very much as well. marbling on your 60's is way more prominent than on mine when at that stage, your frequent 60° washes play a role here! If you like it that way no bother then, but as a general rule of thumb there is no need to wash the jeans at 60° every time though. A 30° wash will get your jeans nice and clean just as much if not better depending on which type of detergent you use. 60° wash will shrink more and more! I always washed mine at 30 or 40 except from an accidental boil wash at 90° which shrank my pair to a perfect trim fit. in the same wash I also had my favourite tshirt (kakishibu dye tezomeya) which was completely fucked up though.

I think the 60 degree wash probably takes indigo a little more greedily so in future I will stick to a cool wash and hang dry when possible. Love how the feel straight out of the dryer though. Soft like flannels!

^^ thanks Bobbo. Praise indeed :-)

Edited by holio cornolio

^ You've only had them a couple of weeks, what do you expect?!

EDIT: Tiger, sorry if I was unclear, what I meant was how do you know they're slow-faders when you've only had them for a few weeks?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Recently I picked up the raw version of the TCB Type II ... I found lots of good information in this thread prior to my purchase. Thanks to all the contributors. 

Here is a photo after an aggressive hot soak and 2 weeks of wear. I'm 5'11" 140lbs w/ 35" chest. I went with the size 38. 

IMG_0774.jpg

Great fit, great beard, great name (the crust is the best!)

the crust is the best when it looks like this

9EF54FB6-96DE-452A-B747-CEE478523E69_zps

in the other 90% of the cases it's not!

my 0.2 lira cents haha

great fit dude, you nailed it.

Thanks... I'm definitely happy with it.

I did a 2-hour soak with water near boiling ... I can snugly fit a a hoodie underneath and still button it up. 

did the near boiling water soak significantly shrink the length of the sleeves of the jacket?  thanks. 

There's been surprisingly little x-posting from the contest thread in here. I'll throw in some 50's shots, more pics in the contest thread. They sure are stubborn but the texture that comes alive after lots of wash and wear is so good. + Inoue and his boys provides the best roping I've come across.

23822571981_f9fc36e916_z.jpg

23905053055_795db7d09a_z.jpg

23796758442_1803b1786e_z.jpg