TCB

There's often a sponsor who kick in a prize for the winner. In the current TCB contest the winner will get a top and pair of jeans to his own choosing.

Sometimes there's a special run for the contest pairs. To take the current TCB contest as an example again we got ourselves a specially designed patch and a numbered run of pairs. 

But I'd say what makes contests fun is the "group-feeling". It's like the forym in an even smaller shape and size.

I did hem the 60's and had the 50's sent to me at the correct length.

the 50's actually look great with a hefty cuff, so I've ordered them with 2 inches extra length. try a folded cuff it looks good on that cut. and if you still need look for somebody who can do a chainstitch hem job.

C04BD74E-49A9-47E8-A8E5-C5633413F100_zps

volvo, i am afraid that i have to take it to a local taylor shop and get an euro hem to my 50's.  it's not big deal for me whether i get a chain stitch or not.  so if i order another pair from hajime he has no problems hemming the pant legs to a certain length for me when he ships my jeans to me?  just tell him?

another thing i wanted to know.  can you go by your leg length and just get your pants hemmed by that leg length and just and an inch for the cuff or....every jeans has a differnt fit, the rise, and so you really need to wear the jeans and roll them up as you wear them?  

thanks.

Edited by heavydoom

I could be tempted by a TCB contest. Depends when it starts though. I'd like to get a year on My DWC pair before starting anything new, competition wise. From what I gather on the new denim though, it could be a fast fader, so maybe a short comp??

^Thank you man! :)

I've just got a reply from Inoue and he suggested me to buy 32.

BF explained TTS perfectly I think. In the case of TCB - TTS means True To Size precisely. So a size 32, once soaked, will measure 32 at the waist. if only it were always that simple though.

volvo, i am afraid that i have to take it to a local taylor shop and get an euro hem to my 50's. it's not big deal for me whether i get a chain stitch or not. so if i order another pair from hajime he has no problems hemming the pant legs to a certain length for me when he ships my jeans to me? just tell him?

another thing i wanted to know. can you go by your leg length and just get your pants hemmed by that leg length and just and an inch for the cuff or....every jeans has a differnt fit, the rise, and so you really need to wear the jeans and roll them up as you wear them?

thanks.

what you call an euro hem is a lock stitch. it's a pity on the 50's as the denim will deliver a great roping with a good chainstitch. if you go that way find a good tailor and ask for a narrow lock stitch (5 mm) and ask for use a cotton thread of the same colour as the one used in the jeans.

and yes Inoue will hem he jeans to whatever length you ask for.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Am I correct in saying these 505's don't look that slim? I would love to try them but fear in the w34 they will be too baggy. Currently wearing Resolute 710 and really liking that cut. If they were similar I would give them a try.

true, these are a repro of a 505 from late 60's and they have little in common with LVC 1967 505, so they're a regular fit with a mid to high rise and a taper towards the hem.

both come either raw or one wash

when i ordered the 50's i did not mention what version to ship.  what do you think he ships by default?  i better remind him next time! 

did you request for raw or washed for both your 50 and 60? 

Looking at the new 505 since I have a hard time keeping my match weight for the 606 these days (...), but I need a little help with the measuring chart. I assume it's waist, inseam, rise, thigh, hem - am I right?

In that case the thigh, my achilles heel, seems very small. Does anyone know how Inoue-san measures (at the very top or an inch or two below)?

5ce9b95a4f7eeb4587a8_460x460.jpeg

if you don't mind the little-to-none taper you could also consider the 60's.

the 505 has a quite large thigh, in my size (36) the thigh on the 505 is about the same as the 50's. the 60's has a more body comforming silhouette, which I think could work very well on a woman.

i don't really see that much of a difference between the 50 and the 60 but the only real obvious one is the slight taper from the knee down?  this new pre shrunk one is even more tapered and slimmer than the 50 and 60.  slowly this year i will get the 60 and this new pre shrunk but i will get them oversized and then shrink them a bit.  i just like loose fitting jeans especially in the crotch area.  it's what i did in the 50.  i am a 33/34 and i bought a 36 and i washed it when i got it first and tumbled dry the sucker.

that's a fair bit of oversizing, you should be floating on them!

there's quite a difference between the 50's and 60's. 60's have a lower rise and more fitted thighs, and a little taper. also there is a myriad of different construction details and a much different fabric. they fade completely different.

here's the full TCB Pre Shrunk 505 brochure

https://www.scribd.com/doc/290038483/Pre-Shrunk-Jeans

all in Japanese of course!

the sizing chart posted above is not complete, Inoue made the 505 up to a 40 waist.

and here's the complete sizing chart in inglese

tcb%20505%20size%20chart_zpsczge94y1.png

@ volvo, did you buy the vest in the 40?  i am thinking either the 38 or the 40 but i don't want a vest that is loose fitting on me.  i am about 175, weigh about 180 kg and i am of a stocky build.  not wide nor thin.  man, i wish i could try things on first hand and then buy.