TCB

i also ordered the seamen's jumper and a pair of 50's jeans from tcb.  i got sold by looking at the intagram's pictures of mr. inoue and co.  just gorgeous indigo fadings!! 

i have always loved denim and i stopped buying them for quite a while.  i used to buy denim stuff by a brand from italy called REPLAY.  they made reproductions of classic shapes by wrangler mostly and from what i recall i had two pairs of these denims with selvedge and the cotton really really reminded me of the zimbabwe cotton.

So, I went and picked up my jacket from the post office. Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Shoulders and everything are a bit big presoak, but I think it'll shrink down nicely.

Pl30iyk.jpg

aQgt9cR.jpg

YdfyjtX.jpg

6x1Ctcv.jpg

And this is the only crappy pre soak fit pic I could manage to take...

KyR2ntL.jpg?1

oh yes mate this will work out great after soak. I won't brave out a tumble dry though!

either a warm soak or a 30degree wash with no detergent + line dry will do!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Thanks! I gave it a trip through the wash on fairly low temperature, just a little worried about the length if I did it's much warmer.

Once it dries I'll see where it's at and if it still feels a little big I'll bump the temperature up a bit.

Once it dries a bit I'll send you post shrink measurements.

I'm actually putting it in the dryer on medium heat now, so shouldn't be too long.

Throwing caution to the wind a little, I think it'll fit just fine afterwards.

Some post wash and dry measurements, actually ended up putting it through the wash again because I noticed the denim felt a bit sticky. Might've been some residual detergent leftover in the washing machine.

Chest: 46 in.
Shoulders: 21 in.

Length: 26 in. (measured from bottom of the collar)

Sleeves: 26.5 in. 

I think the only measurement I would change is the sleeve length, with maybe a half and inch extra. But it's not going to stop me from wearing the jacket! Everything else feels perfect, even the shorter length. It's a little warm today, so I'm not sure if I'll wear it. But I might be able to if it cools down this evening!

Interested in any 606 fit impressions - some people are saying size up but the 34's look a little big for me? I wear a 33 in Oni 527zr and they are a little loose on me after stretching.

Does anyone know if they are sanf/unsanf and how much they stretch?

Someone earlier in the thread said they wear 29-30 but sized up to a 32... need help!!

Interested in any 606 fit impressions - some people are saying size up but the 34's look a little big for me? I wear a 33 in Oni 527zr and they are a little loose on me after stretching.

Does anyone know if they are sanf/unsanf and how much they stretch?

Someone earlier in the thread said they wear 29-30 but sized up to a 32... need help!!

I believe that they are sanforized. They look to be A very slim fit when worn TTS from fit pics I've seen.

Some post wash and dry measurements, actually ended up putting it through the wash again because I noticed the denim felt a bit sticky. Might've been some residual detergent leftover in the washing machine.

Chest: 46 in.

Shoulders: 21 in.

Length: 26 in. (measured from bottom of the collar)

Sleeves: 26.5 in. 

I think the only measurement I would change is the sleeve length, with maybe a half and inch extra. But it's not going to stop me from wearing the jacket! Everything else feels perfect, even the shorter length. It's a little warm today, so I'm not sure if I'll wear it. But I might be able to if it cools down this evening!

probably you could stretch out the sleeves up to half a inch when the jkt it's still damp

i am one of those guys who is very anal about eveness.  i found out that the cuffs on the sleeves were uneven.  one was bigger than the other.  what did i do to fix this problem?  i soaked both cuffs in warmish water for a few hours, dripped dry the cuffs and when the cuffs were still damp i hung it over my heating vents to air dry them overnight.  this actually worked!!!  the sleeves are a bit longish on this type 2 jacket but you will get used to it.  it's the same length in all the photos you see on the tcb blog. 

i got the seamen jumper and the tbc 50 jeans today.  the jumper is amazing!  feels like i am wearing a smoking jacket.  all i need now is a glass of whiskey and a cigar.  the buttons on this jacket is something else!     

Edited by heavydoom

i got the seamen jumper and the tbc 50 jeans today.  the jumper is amazing!  feels like i am wearing a smoking jacket.  all i need now is a glass of whiskey and a cigar.  the buttons on this jacket is something else!     

Well, get on it man, we want some stylish fit pics of everything TCB...

All you guys with your TCB suits are making me jealous!

its size 32 in waist and ,true to size ! I dont know if more shrinkage when i wash the jeans with 60 degrees but i`m very happy now with the cut,nice loose !!

@ Bobbo ,NO HEMMING ! Love cuffs and i`m wearing my jeans now for over 20 years in this style. B)

Edited by Topnotcher

For those of you with the Type II jacket, did everyone's arrive raw?  Mine was one wash, but all the talk about further shrinkage has me worried, as I don't want to lose any length.  Not sure if I'll really have to baby it, or if all my shrinkage is likely gone.

i have to hem my tcb 50.  any advice from you guys?  i am going the euro hem method.  i like to ideally cuff it once only.  should have the jeans hemmed so that the pant leg touches the ankle or something?

^^dcg, where did you buy it from? All the info I saw on the TCB website lead me to believe that mine would be preshrunk (and by that I mean the size chart on the website), but it arrived raw. I got mine straight from TCB.

^heavydoom, what do you mean by eurohem method? Get em hemmed to be the length you like em and 'up yours' to anyone who tells you you should have them longer or shorter

Seriously though, if you're just after opinions, I'd get them hemmed to the length that I'd wear them uncuffed (so that the hem mostly covers the heel of my shoe upper) and then cuff them with about an inch of cuff. That's how I like my jeans and technically I'm in euroland. That is just my opinion and should not be confused with, or assumed to be fact.

^Thanks, got mine direct from TCB as well.  May have been a translation issue, as I was asking about measurements and whether the jacket was one-wash; perhaps that was taken as a request for a one-wash version.  Or maybe then have both and it's luck of the draw :)

Regardless, mine certainly arrived having been washed, so the question I probably should be asking is whether people have seen additional shrinking after a first wash.  Just don't want to put a bunch of wear on this and eventually have to wash it and have it shrink up on me.  I may be the only guy in the world who's worried about the sleeves on his TCB 50's jacket ending up short!

PB071319.jpgPB071320.jpg