TCB

Really like the look of the seamans jumper there, having been initially underwhelmed by it when I saw it on the TCB site. I'm currently thinking about a new Denim Jacket, having decided that my Levis trucker is just a bit too vanilla for my liking. I usually wear a Denim jacket in the autumn and spring, with a few layers, but reservation about the seamans jumper is whether it would work that way? I think a hoodie might be too much, but maybe a turtleneck or something would be ok? What's sizing like?

It does come up big but the measurements on the TCB site or from http://panchoandlefty.se/product/tcb-seamens-jumper/ are accurate.

Remember, it's one-wash too!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 2 weeks later...

I enquired after the 50s jacket and Inoue San sent me a nice, very informative pdf catalog. Any ideas how I would post it here?

this work?? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJzR4uyNFDEOUtqSlp5ZGtQMkU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by holio cornolio

Nice details on the 50's jacket, I think I might have to go this route and reach out to see if Inoue san can make me a size 46.

It's difficult to find a type II from a Japanese company in anything bigger than 44 seemingly...
And thanks h_c, Richard at Paleo denim (OG sufu-san) did a good job with the repair!

^ I'm quite sure he will make it for you if you're willing to wait. he just custom made me a vest in a size 42 and it took almost three months. it was sent yday from Japan via EMS, pics soon when I receive it.

Give him an idea of the overall lenght of the jacket you're after when you ask otherwise I fear that if you'll leave it with him the jacket will be too long, unless you're really tall!

IIRC my 50's jkt in a size 42 is 27'', it's fairly long. i guess a 46 size will be longer unless you specifically ask for a fixed lenght.

the TCB 50's jacket design it's definitely longer than an original type II or any other replica. I reckon this is Inoue San's personal twist on the design, if you look on his blog it looks great on his slimmer pals, who all wear jeans low slung on the hips. if you look further into Inoue San's fit pics though you'll notice that his personal jacket and type II vest have been shortened  (the distance between the fron buttons isnt' the same).

I'm 5'11'' and it's fairly long for me, but I've got used to it and it doesn't bother me now, when I wear it all closed I have to fold it inwards otherwise it's too long. However if i could go back to the time I've ordered I'd ask for having it shortened.

Other than that the TCB 50's jacket it's for sure my favourite denim piece and I think it's Inoue's masterpiece. I had other jean jackets before and none of them was even half as flattering as the TCB, funny enought it looks like that basically on everybody I've seen wearing it, the way the top block it's designed makes the difference, it's fitted but still if sized correctly allows perfect movement.

So I just ordered the TCB type 2 and took your advice Volvo (asked if he would shorten it a little for me - I'm only 5'10"). So if I don't like it it's your fault ! :D

You can't fault Inoue San for customer service, really prompt and courteous. I'm excited about getting this.

edit: Will also post fit pics of my TCB tux when it's complete.

Edited by holio cornolio

haha! make sure that he sends the parcel as a sample! he just forgot to do it with my vest and unfortunately for the first time with him I've got charged by customs (eur 24) : (

I am not that bothered though as the foreman vest in duck cloth simply slays!

the fit is perfect! the fabric is outstanding too.

more and better pics when time permits

2EED89AF-E591-4527-84D7-6C49965F64F3_zps

at this stage I really hope he will start to make shirts, as his design for the tops works like a charm for my body type. I'd love a nice denim shirt or a new chambray.

Interested to see how your type II comes out h_c, and looks like the vest turned out nicely volvo!
I'll likely reach out to Inoue san in a month or two about ordering a type II myself, I'll make sure to tell him to limit the length.

I don't have a problem with the wait time, it's going to be hot here for a few more months at this point.

haha! make sure that he sends the parcel as a sample! he just forgot to do it with my vest and unfortunately for the first time with him I've got charged by customs (eur 24) : (

I did ask him to do that ;D

That foremans vest looks fantastic. Perfect fit

remember him to do it, believe me! I did ask too but apparently he forgot about it.

I didn't bother to complain with him as there's nothing that can be done now.

Edited by volvo240thebest

So I just ordered the TCB type 2 and took your advice Volvo (asked if he would shorten it a little for me - I'm only 5'10"). So if I don't like it it's your fault ! :D

You can't fault Inoue San for customer service, really prompt and courteous. I'm excited about getting this.

edit: Will also post fit pics of my TCB tux when it's complete.

Aaaaand... it's on its way! Amazing turnaround considering this involved a fairly significant alteration! Really excited now...

EDIT: it's clearing customs in coventry - oh the suspense!

Edited by holio cornolio

^ Is that a slim straight cut? could be on my shopping list too. Zip fly right?

So my jacket is with customs - pending charges.... noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Edited by holio cornolio

Yeah the 505 it is the classic Ivy style cut. Clean slim-ish silhouette, mid to high rise.

As for the customs, noooo! Inoue forgot to mark the parcel as sample also for you...

Don't think so Ed. Inoue will make a true repro of an original pair that he got, so it might end up way different from what LVC sells as the 1967 505.

for sure it will be sanforised selvedge denim, it will have a slighty higher rise compared to TCB 60's and will sport a zip. I would also expect it to be slighty larger in the thighs and more tapered compared to TCB 60's, but I might be completely wrong.

I am flattered to see that Inoue San dedicated another blog post to my TCB love.

I've made it yet again into the sacred temple of TCB coola-bool-erism haha!!!

http://happyjeans.jp...2015/07/16/9044