TCB

From the pics, this may seem like a double post, but it's not!. Finally got my 60s hemmed by Rivet and Hide. Was so sad to lose the roping on the hem that I rewashed them, and roping is back like a champ. They do a very good job there, and it's such a nice place to visit. Hard to capture in the roping in the raw, but I am sure that they will fade well. It will be hard to put these away now in favour of my norman porter competition jeans, but needs must! Just giving them a little wear whilst they dry now, and then they go away for a couple of years. Leg's looking pretty twisty here, and second washtook another 3/4 inch off the length, but that was actually a good thing, as I got nervous about going too short with the hem, and went the other way. I feel that they are a perfect fit now.

17097936831_6e454f164e_z.jpg

17097858501_297b584309_z.jpg

17096991092_741f7742b6_z.jpg

16478359523_bd49d1b378_z.jpg

absolutely perfect fit! good inseam lenght too, not too fashionably short, and definitely not too long.

yeah you lost some roping. you could try to soak the hems of your jeans in boiling water if you want to get some more roping from the start there, I personally wouldn't bother about it. now you only need to forget your norman porter's and start to wear these ahah!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Haha. It's a nice problem to have, but at the moment I have 3 great pairs of jeans. My first norman porters are just getting interesting, the 2nd pair are a really nice cut and fit, but still a little painful to wear, and then I have these TCB 60s. If I had 6 legs I'd be sorted, but I can only wear 1 pair at a time!

well if you're getting into a two yrs contest I suggest you to not underextimate the comfort factor. Can you see yourself squeezing everyday in a tight pair of jeans?

You make a good point :-) It's not that they're tight, it's just that the denim, (only after 5 wears) is so f**king stiff and starchy. They will get better. No pain no gain!!

Man, I think your TCB jacket is shaping up to be the most epic denim jacket on the forum. Really like the crinkly denim on the chest.

Ahah thanks Alex. The crinkly denim at the chest is becoming one of my favourite details, right after the amazing fading on the elbows.

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2015/04/19/8388

Doesn't get much better than this for me! Keep on washing my friends ;)

fucking hell! three months? ok I think I'll start to wash often soon. look at that roping and at those train tracks!

No engineering work for me, I sit on my ass in an office all day everyday, but my TCB 606 are on approx. 15-20 wears now and I have some wear to show for it - in a nice, quite light blue. I'm thinking about entering in the DWC with them, but given the rather tight fit I'm afraid they won't last. 

From the pics, this may seem like a double post, but it's not!. Finally got my 60s hemmed by Rivet and Hide. Was so sad to lose the roping on the hem that I rewashed them, and roping is back like a champ. They do a very good job there, and it's such a nice place to visit. Hard to capture in the roping in the raw, but I am sure that they will fade well. It will be hard to put these away now in favour of my norman porter competition jeans, but needs must! Just giving them a little wear whilst they dry now, and then they go away for a couple of years. Leg's looking pretty twisty here, and second washtook another 3/4 inch off the length, but that was actually a good thing, as I got nervous about going too short with the hem, and went the other way. I feel that they are a perfect fit now.

16478359523_bd49d1b378_z.jpg

This is a fantastic fit. (deleted some pics so it wasnt wall o pics)

No engineering work for me, I sit on my ass in an office all day everyday, but my TCB 606 are on approx. 15-20 wears now and I have some wear to show for it - in a nice, quite light blue. I'm thinking about entering in the DWC with them, but given the rather tight fit I'm afraid they won't last. 

me too, regarding sitting on ass all day :(  

Maybe a sub-contest inside the contest for best office butt fades?

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2015/04/19/8388

Doesn't get much better than this for me! Keep on washing my friends ;)

This fella's blog is http://tarrotarro.blog.fc2.com/ which has got a link to his instagram account. He's got an impressive collection of vintage levis and seems to chill with Yawara  Miura - all very cool.