TCB

Nice, thanks! 

For anyone interested, the initial measurements on a size 30, probably one-wash, were as follows:

Waist: 29.5"

Inseam: 33"

Rise: 10.5"

Thigh: almost 11.25" 

Hem: 6.5"

After one long day of wear and a lot of movement, the waist now measures 31" and the thigh a much more comfortable 11.5". I really like the fit. 

Edited by mandel9000

I received a pair of Oranges yesterday that I ordered a while back, pulled the plug after seeing pictures of a girl wearing them on the TCB instagram. Had to pay almost £45 in customs and fees, always a game of chance - some stuff goes straight through and some doesn't, but I can live with that since the jeans are so nice. 

They look one-washed; no tags, crinkly texture, a bit of roping on the hem, plus the measurements are smaller than on the website, but it doesn't say anywhere that they are. I really, really hope so though, because they are quite tight as they are and I can't handle a lot of shrinkage. Oh well, either way a good excuse to hit the threadmill. 

Pictures to come.

Looking forward to these pics.

OT but you mention £ import duty, so I'm prepared to bet it was Parcelforce who delivered? I find if you're going to be charged duty etc, then it will more likely be with Parcelforce than anyone else. Last package they delivered to me, I swear, they invented some VAT so that they could charge me their extortionate handling fee. I can't prove it, of course because they stuck their bastard invoice label over the cn22 tag, but the vat bore no relationship to the package value, it was just a vehicle to charge me an additional £13.50!!!

Rant over

OT but you mention £ import duty, so I'm prepared to bet it was Parcelforce who delivered? I find if you're going to be charged duty etc, then it will more likely be with Parcelforce than anyone else. Last package they delivered to me, I swear, they invented some VAT so that they could charge me their extortionate handling fee. I can't prove it, of course because they stuck their bastard invoice label over the cn22 tag, but the vat bore no relationship to the package value, it was just a vehicle to charge me an additional £13.50!!!

Rant over

Well, it was EMS from Japan that went through the official Norwegian postal service on this end. I just converted the amount to a known currency. Like I wrote before, it all seems totally random. I've had some expensive stuff, obviously commercial merchandise, go straight through, and then been slapped with taxes and even bigger amounts in handling fees on stuff that cost less than a quid over the limit. All in all I guess it evens out though. 

On the jeans: I'm on my third day of wear and they have stretched quite nicely. Even showing signs of wear. I will have my mom take some pictures when she visits this weekend.  

Sorry

Well, it was EMS from Japan that went through the official Norwegian postal service on this end. I just converted the amount to a known currency. Like I wrote before, it all seems totally random. I've had some expensive stuff, obviously commercial merchandise, go straight through, and then been slapped with taxes and even bigger amounts in handling fees on stuff that cost less than a quid over the limit. All in all I guess it evens out though.

On the jeans: I'm on my third day of wear and they have stretched quite nicely. Even showing signs of wear. I will have my mom take some pictures when she visits this weekend.

Good stuff. And sorry for my parcelforce rant! It's almost random here too, except with parcelforce (not that I have an axe to grind or anything!)

I really like the look of the orange tab TCB.

Edited by holio cornolio

Very good! Now I'll look into buying a pair for mrs Volvo. I wanted to get a pair of 50's for her but she don't want to try loose fits. Btw great to have some ladies action in this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

dunno how much wear did u put on that 50's jacket but if you haven't worn it a lot bear in mind that it will stretch a bit. doesn't look tight at all though from what I can see.

2vwy3x5.jpg

Maybe two weeks of wear so far. It feels a little restrictive when buttoned. I guess it is really hard to have the best of both worlds on a denim jacket(slim and form fitting when unbuttoned, but comfortable and relaxed when buttoned)

Edited by goodrain

however I think you sized it right, one size up you wouldn't get that flattering slim fit. give it a good go and it will stretch a further bit..

Edited by volvo240thebest