TCB

Time to start a new thread for TCB rather than leave it in the "Unknown Japanese Brands" one as it's very well known now.

Post all your TCB non-competition stuff here.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

[Edited due to ineptitude...]

Wanted to show some love for the TCB Seaman's jumper and pants. You'll see from the photo I do not take pictures of myself so am utterly clueless, but hopefully it shows how wearable everything actually is:

16656712349_a04577359b_n.jpg

16635535527_cfd2e20a52_n.jpg

Edited by st199ml

I won't repeat my posts from the unknow japanese brands thread, but I just wanted to post some pics of the texture of the 60s denim. I concentrated on texture rather than colour in these pictures (hence the weird lighting), but they are utterly unmanipulated and the colour is pretty true. the denim is unworn, once soaked from TCB 60s.

16657069709_a90a49dd03_z.jpg

16655640218_15d4da880d_z.jpg

16657077109_deaa6da973_z.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

wonderful stuff guys!

@st199ml what a jolly shoreman!

@holio well done you're unworn texture pics are way better than mine, back at that time i didn't have a camera!

too kind. i think your texture shots are great too :-)

P.S - I am now drinking the Passalacqua Mekiko blend, which I think I prefer to the Harem. The roast is a little lighter so it's a little less 'ashy' to my taste. The tin is not so pretty though :-) Maybe there should be an espresso thread here too?

Edited by holio cornolio

[OT sorry]

Naples roasting tradition has always been towards the darker side of things (eg coffee beans are roasted slighty more than what's the average taste of people nowadays in most parts of the world). I like it, though I know many don't.

you probably wouldn't like another great Naples brand, Kenon, whose beans are almost black, I totally love it! coffee is 100% arabica beans but it's quite roasted ending up with a more robust, stronger taste than your average 100% arabica.

Mekiko is an excellent blend for everydays use, it's even fairly reasonable in price if you have the chance of avoiding shipping expenses. though I think that Harem is more special.

I'm up for the coffee thread, although if you really want to dig deep in these matters you should head over at thehomebarista forum!

[END of OT]

Does TCB use cotton threads, sure I know the answer but want to be 100% sure. Also, since TSS site doesn't seem to be up, and having a hard time with tcb online, does anyone have measurements for a 60's in a 33 or 34?

hi Brad

I'd say so, cotton threads, though I am not entirely sure.

I'm sure for the 50s garments, the threads wears and also breaks quite easily in the stress points. Must be cotton.

for the 60's it looks like cotton but I have almost no broken threads on my 14months pair above.

Can't find anymore the detailed brochure that was on TCB website awhile ago.

meanwhile you can find measurements either on TCB online shop

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/#!/items/54a65f9c552f2f097d0020d8

all nicely written in japanese for your fine understanding!

or on pancho and lefty webshop

http://panchoandlefty.se/product/tcb-60s-jeans/

33 size measurements are not mentioned anywhere but I am sure Inoue makes it. Shoot him an email or a facebook msg. his email is on the contacts page of his blog.

Edited by volvo240thebest

86 is usually what I aim for , but 34 is listed at 82, unless I have missed something which could be possible since I'm on mobile. But I'll do that, thanks volvo

My size 32 was a shade over 82cm pre soak if that helps? It's about 79cm post soak, but I guess will stretch back.

St199ml, Seaman's fit looks great on you. I had it in my head that the jeans were much wider than in your pictures and that I wouldn't be able to pull them off - seeing those pictures is probably the last thing my wallet needs!

4 washes, 13 to 14 months of wear. I gave it a 5th wash yesterday, it should be dry now..I look forward to go back home and see if there's anymore significant evo..

Should you ever pick a pair of 60's jeans I'd be most curious to see your evo on them!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I received a pair of Oranges yesterday that I ordered a while back, pulled the plug after seeing pictures of a girl wearing them on the TCB instagram. Had to pay almost £45 in customs and fees, always a game of chance - some stuff goes straight through and some doesn't, but I can live with that since the jeans are so nice. 

They look one-washed; no tags, crinkly texture, a bit of roping on the hem, plus the measurements are smaller than on the website, but it doesn't say anywhere that they are. I really, really hope so though, because they are quite tight as they are and I can't handle a lot of shrinkage. Oh well, either way a good excuse to hit the threadmill. 

Pictures to come.