Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Already starting strong so I figured I should get off my lazy butt...

Took the motorcycle to the shop on a trailer a week ago, the last ride of the season was a 350 mile round trip ride to SENY to buy this jacket, when I arrived in NY my bike had decided it wasn't going to start anymore, so after having to push start it a few times I made it home and it was put away.  A new starter switch module and a new set of tires leads to the first ride and the season and my first amnesty wear on the jacket.  Jacket is the blanket lined indigo riders jacket by Iron Heart

SaUMk8m.jpg

Hey Max, I'm mosdef IN__ just trying to decide w/c pair to enter.

'Got the OKI-515 :: SG1105 :: Momo 202SP = 5 wears :: WxExY EW-0110 = just about 20 wears__ only cuz winter was in the way ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Great to have you join!

I believe SDA and Evisu are underrepresented at the moment...

Personally, I will go with SDA or an unrepresented brand - not decided, yet.

^'Been strongly leaning towards the WEY, anyway__ aside from the exquisite denim itself, the cut & denim weight seemed apropos for a grueling S/S break in :)__ SOLD! ... WEY it is, then!!!

^^Tnx, Foxy! 'Thing w/ the SDA, 'got the 101 & 105 half-done, still ... I'd be like a work ant choking on a splinter if I take on the OKI ...

Edited by BrownMetallic

Great to have you join!

I believe SDA and Evisu are underrepresented at the moment...

Personally, I will go with SDA or an unrepresented brand - not decided, yet.

Any idea what model for sda you would do? I would totally go for another pair of SDA 21oz as they have been my best pair durability wise.

I bought the "Black Pig" a while ago - they are 21oz, but I bought them used...

If I end up going with SDA it will be most likely one of these pairs:

D01-30

D01-35

D1538XX-B

D1596

SDA/DoubleVolante - æ²–-515/Oki-515 (Champloo)

SDA/DoubleVolante/PSA - AVENUE-005XX

SDA/Take5 - TAKE5-010

PM me your email address and log in name for the DWC forum and I'll get it sorted for you dude. It's an easy fix caused by our security settings.

Hey Mega, when I try to log on to the forum, I keep getting redirected to amazon. I've tried a couple different browsers and stuff and it just won't work. Any possible fixes?

@Mega__ Same thing ... will pm, as well

PM me your email address and log in name for the DWC forum and I'll get it sorted for you dude. It's an easy fix caused by our security settings.

IMG_23331_zpsyjecmkbv.jpg

IMG_23361_zpsmidiodtd.jpg

23 days in.

I'm travelling to Vietnam in late April, and it'll be interesting to see what its like to wear my DWC fit in a more humid climate.

I've always wanted to experience it especially after seeing so many great results from the Indonesian community. :)

^Just putting this out there as I'm still undecided, but if Ooe releases their cinch back model by July or so I may switch over to that pair as my contest pair instead!

Yes

23 days in.

I'm travelling to Vietnam in late April, and it'll be interesting to see what its like to wear my DWC fit in a more humid climate.

I've always wanted to experience it especially after seeing so many great results from the Indonesian community. :)

Im predicting lots of fading and an early death for you.  I was there in october walking around hanoi in my eternals and all the humidity and smog nearly killed me.  I can't even imagine how much i would struggle wearing something heavier plus a jacket 

^I'm curious wether the climate really changes things or not. Is it the OG denim on your jacket? After really many washes I feel like the fabric is Fading nicely. Totally different from other Samurai denims but still nice. It just takes damn long.

I don't think this is the OG denim, I believe it's the 25oz "Zero" denim. But so far so good, I cant wait till the moment i feel a wash is necessary as I expect the denim to really start coming out. I find this jacket to be one of those pieces that can be great for cold or spring like weather.

Im predicting lots of fading and an early death for you.  I was there in october walking around hanoi in my eternals and all the humidity and smog nearly killed me.  I can't even imagine how much i would struggle wearing something heavier plus a jacket 

That's what I'm expecting too, I'm definitely going to bring the jacket but i doubt I'll get even half a days wear into them.

As for my IH's I find the SBG denim to breathe really well (except around the ankles as I am used to no break cuffs), But the moment the sun hit those jeans I start frying :(

I even find my 25oz jean to be more comfortable in the sun..

^ If you're refering to the cracks__ slowly showed up after every soak__ no wash yet.

Dont really have much Evisu experience, but from what I remember, [cracks] are typical [especially, on narrow stroke] gulls, due to thickness of coat/s ... Of course, I cud be wrong ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

^I'm curious wether the climate really changes things or not. Is it the OG denim on your jacket? After really many washes I feel like the fabric is Fading nicely. Totally different from other Samurai denims but still nice. It just takes damn long.

With my sams it did. I wore them for around 7 months in Holland and a month in Indonesia and they made more progress in that month compared to the 7 months in Holland. So I'm thinking about moving for dwc so I might stand a chance lol

Just noticed that quite a few guys are uploading pics to their threads using the attachments button at the bottom, this is fine but your pics appear instantly bigger if you use the add media button  :)

Sorry to be a noob but is there something that you click that says "add media " cos I'm not seeing it , iv posted a few and used the "select file " option and yes the photos are only thumbnail size and suck .