Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I think the straight(er) leg looks great in a more mature way.

That fabric is so next level.

@ Bobbo, thanks a ton for the Mizu Samurai. I hope to get the top buttonhole fixed up at some point and rotate it every once in a while with my contest pair.

Edited by onehitwonder

Hi all,

What a great thread to scroll through and I've seen some really nice denim entered the competition!

My entry is in the heavyweight division with the Steel Feather SF0121 - 21oz. See here some first pictures:

SMALLDSC00616-min-min.jpg

Pre-soak front picture

SMALLDSC00617-min1.jpg

Pre-soak back picture

SMALLDSC00633-min1.jpg

Detailed shot - Leather Patch pre-soak

DSC007682.jpg

Post-soak and hemming picture

DSC00834.jpg

Fit picture - Front

DSC00837.jpg

Fit picture - Back

Kevin

wornoutlondon

Headed down to Brixton last weekend to visit family. Took the boy to the London Science Museum, the flight room was he his favourite exhibit:

RnPZTkml.jpg

Also spotted this ram's head which was seemingly hollowed out to be used as a snuff box! Now I'm a vegetarian but even I think this is cool. I'll just assume it died of natural causes  :unsure:

vIfYTv6l.jpg

Visited Franco Manca in Brixton market. Fantastic wood fired pizza. I haven't tasted every pizza in London so can't comment but quite a few foodies reckon it's the best pizza in the capital. ICCo on Goodge Street makes a damn good pizza too.

oOFsbAnl.jpg

bf1OKmvl.jpg

And my Onis. I'm struggling to capture the true colour & texture of denim with my camera phone. May have to buy a proper camera at some point to do them justice.

TgF9tfIl.jpg

Gave my flat heads a wash the other day, washing machine at my new place decided to clog the drain with lint and back up and overflow into the washing room in my new place...so that was lots of fun. Luckily the jeans came out of the washer unharmed but covered with tonnes of lint. A quick dry in the australian sun and a day of hiking at the blue mountains has them nearly lint free again. 

Wentworth falls, i really need to get a tripod to improve my timed shots, this was the best i could come up with

3sXL9sc.jpg

4pbISqF.jpg

New lens on my camera has a cool macro feature that will come in handy throughout the next two years

rmORgbH.jpg

These flat heads have quickly become my favourite pair of jeans

Edited by karanimal

Jeans are getting their first wash today, wanted to hold off longer but they are getting pretty filthy from work and I want to wear on a trip to NYC this weekend

Hops all over my legs —

X933EPU.jpg

Pre wash photos — actual color is closer to picture above, not sure why it came out lighter in the following pics

HQ8kzmy.jpg

XFpCHyc.jpg

EwegfLK.jpg

1vqRxup.jpg

UMY3CC4.jpg

KEqquo2.jpg

Jeans look good already pudas, guessing you work in beer to some extent?

And excellent photos Max, I've spent very little time in Germany but those photos make me want to go again.

Opinion required.....

I got an email this morning (well, last night) from a guy in the States who said that he would have loved to join the contest but as he isn't allowed to wear denim for work he felt that he wouldn't be able to do his jeans justice or have a chance of competing to win anything. He jokingly (I assume) said that we should consider having a "Weekend Warriors" division to the contest for people who have less time for their denim, or who want to add in a second pair for weekend wear only.

On a purely denim scientific level I would be interested to see what the evo looked like on part time worn jeans at the side of full time worn....what does everyone else think? If there was interest in this I could kick it off this week?

Yeh, it's always tough to tell how popular a thing will be before you launch it. I wanted the contest to be open to all but I'm actually considering scrapping the Flyweight category and just making Lightweight 7- 14oz.

So here is my contest pair, I went with Samurai S710xx 19oz, I loved all Samurai Evo from HDWC2 so i figured that I should try it too!

Pre Soak:

kg6qPi4.jpg?1

Post soak:

gHIer4O.jpg?1

Fp1zEeR.jpg?1

I wasn't really happy with the fit though after the soak and I knew that I had to send them away for some chain stitch hemming anyway so I sent them to Railcar for a taper too, they did an awesome job and I'm much happier about the fit now. 
I threw them in the washing machine for a quick 60 degree Celsius wash too when I got them.

zCaS65u.jpg?1

7YDzW58.jpg?1

gLIG6Kj.jpg?1

Folding the flyweight into the light weight class makes sense. How many companies make jeans that start lighter than 10 or 11 oz? As for the weekend only class, what's the point? Wanna see what jeans look like with 6 months wear? Just look at everyone's pictures six months in.

Edited by setterman

I'm in favor of folding the flyweight and lightweight together, seeing how there is only one participant in the flyweight (if that is up for vote).

As for weekend warrior, I am in favor but also curious as to the level of participants. It seems a lot of people in the contest have secondary pairs they struggled with deciding on, and maybe they would be up for being able to wear them as well as their primary pair?

That said, makes me wonder if I would throw down on a new pair this week just to get in on a DWC rotation set  :biggrin:

Blue nemo.

I repeatedly soaked the affected area. The stains gradually faded away each time. They can barely be seen now at all.

Edited by nizzel55

Couple of quick update pics below following another soak. No editing other than sharpening on VSCO as my phone camera is rubbish.

Also, my two cents on the weekend warrior category - I'm one and for that reason I'm reconciled that I don't stand a chance of winning. That doesn't bother me and I'm sure 99% of participants aren't actually bothered about winning. Just good to be part of something like this and an opportunity to discuss denim & share some experiences so I don't think there's a need.

P2BuuzUl.jpg

1UywXHel.jpg