Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

30 amnesty wears for all competitions guys  :)

Also, just a reminder that when you register you will not be able to view the forums until I manually approve your order, this will always be done within 12 hours of registration. It's a security measure designed to keep spam accounts from accessing the forum.

Not to sound like a salesman, but if anyone has bought shirts from the HWDC and HWDC2 you'll know that we regularly work with Jimmy Crow and DoubleXX, well this competitions shirts are many and numerous and I can honestly say that they are by far the best shirts that DoubleXX has ever done for us.

Check them out...

http://wearedoublexx.com/dwc-x-doublexx/

haven't registered but with production on FC special fabric completing on March 10th it only makes sense to enter. I will be using my FC 0105ph (special fabric, see ed's instagram to see the lot#) medium weight at 15oz.

This sounds like a dope setup, been mulling doing the tux, but can really only wear A shirt for a few months in the year.

But add me to that list, still haven't decided but will be in Tue heavyweight for sure.

Yeah, the advantage of the sawtooth shirt is that it's not so heavy that it'll be uncomfortable in hot weather.  I live in Atlanta and I should at least be able to wear it while I'm indoors during the hotter months.  Plus I can wear it under sweaters or jackets, and over tees, shirts, and flannels - it's flexible enough that I won't get sick of wearing it every day.

Please put me down for number 9 , not that I'm superstitious but can't be the next number up that l can't say .

put me down for middleweight .

l so almost reg for the tux but as this is my first foray into the denim culture lm not sure if l have what it takes to commit to two articles of clothing for two years .

30 amnesty wears for all competitions guys  :)

Also, just a reminder that when you register you will not be able to view the forums until I manually approve your order, this will always be done within 12 hours of registration. It's a security measure designed to keep spam accounts from accessing the forum.

What type of spammer would shell out 20 bucks ? and if they did id let them then ban their ass after the first bit of advertising .

Still contemplating...

Actually, it would be pretty pathetic of me to join - I'm not capable of being remotely committed and I'm certainly never going to be in it to win!

Regarding the weight classes:

Based on the little exercise with my RJB D105 LTD I can say that this specific denim shrunk to 15.4oz. Now, if RJB's statement is true and the raw weight was really 14oz we are looking at 10% weight increase in this specific case.

This seems plausible considering a combined shrinkage of 4-6% in weft and warp. Part of that weight increase will lost again due to stretch in certain parts of the jeans.

Participants with sanforized denim don't need to worry.

I'm a bit torn on what I'm going to wear.

What I'm considering: Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX, Fullcount special run 1101, Stevenson 714 (new cut, I think I read somewhere that's what it'll be called), Pure Blue Japan XX-009.

They're all right round 14 oz. which I can easily wear year-round here, just a matter of actually deciding.

And I'd like to be number 10 if that's alright.  :rolleyes:

as much as Id like a fellow OOE brother in arms, Id also be hyped about the Stevenson as I am very curious about the jeans and denim.  

Another DWC This or That for you all:

I've got two pair in already my arsenal that I need to decide between pretty quickly because of amnesty wears:

Left Field Greaser in 17oz Cone or Railcar James fit in Kuroki 14.25oz (X021).

I bought the Left Fields quite a while ago, but they were too tight for me until I lost a little weight recently. They were worn very sparingly in the early fall, recently pulled out again, and probably right at or fast approaching 30 wears. I'd basically need to stop wearing them asap to keep in the spirit of the amnesty.

The Railcars, which I just got last month, have 15 days on them. The craftsmanship on these definitely trumps the Left Fields and the Kuroki fabric is mesmerizing, but there's something about getting a fully made in USA pair into the DWC mix that has me vexed. 

posting in two forums then.... pain in the ass...

count me in anyways. iron heart bb 18 oz raw.

(could be though, that we get new stock from fellow's and freewheelers before the contest begins... hrhrhr)

Good shout to start the thread Max.

I'm in with my Oni 527 in the heavyweight division. As I'm a weekend warrior I'll start wearing them now - should cover the 30 day amnesty or thereabouts.

I've also registered the little 'un with his Baby Gap Selvedge.