Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

naaa, won't be too bad I think!

better make sure to get rid of all the algae! i heard about some crazy stuff that infects people's skin..... :D

Oh those things got a pretty severe cleaning.

Okay guys I need help deciding on which shirt to pick for the Tux division.

First up is a Tellason Clampdown 10.5oz overdyed cone mills denim. It even has some slub to it. It's very stiff from all the starch. (Note the combs after only a few wears) Triple needle construction. Hidden knife and pencil slot in the front pockets.

2015-04-27%2005.16.27%201.jpg

Second up is a Studio D Artisan 11oz Japanese denim work shirt. This is much softer and lighter weave. Has 2 hidden buttons, cig pocket, pencil slot, banded collar, selvedge run off on the side seams. More stuff I'm forgetting.

2015-04-26%2007.43.08%201.jpg

They're two total different fits and styles, tellason being more like a light coat and SDA being a fitted denim shirt. Neither have enough wears to have a proper drape/fit yet so they both look a little odd in the pictures.

So I'm in need of a new belt and it got me to thinking about being a little crafty. I'm going to make myself a natural tanned 8oz belt.

I decided whY not pass on the idea to sufu and make up a bunch of belts for the team sufu division of the contest. you'd be able to pick your width,buckle and hardware color. The keeper will be natural leather as well. A "sufu" stamp will be put somewhere on the belt.

They unfortunately won't be ready for the start of the contest but I can have them ready for late may at the latest depending on how fast people get me info and money. I'll wait for a few days to see what intrest is like and update with prices in the next day or two.

Sorry for the lengthy post!!

Edited by itschrisb

not a fan of tellason but a fan of this shirt. i agree with all the others!

and your idea is nice, but i already have too many belts and refuse to wear one at all....

I've put more wear into the tellason one so far and do love the fit and simplicity of it. My only dislike about the shit is how big it is at the bottom. Once it softens I'm sure it'll be fine though. I'm going to wear the sda shirt for the next few days and make my decision after that.

Thanks guys!

DWC Website Announcement 

Wordpress did some kind of major and un announced update a couple of days ago that killed site functionality, we had to re-host the entire thing.

For some reason we can't figure out it sent our spam detector haywire and blocked a load of IP addresses, which results in people being redirected to Amazon. If you experience this problem you can send me your ip and I can unblock it in an instant.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Odd question,

Just noticed tonight on my 28th amnesty wear that I am already getting a blowout in my Iron Heart 666S-II...in my somewhat short raw denim career I have never heard or seen of such a thing. Any thoughts or ideas or input? Very discouraging considering today was the start of my everyday wear into the contest, I emailed IH about this to see if they can help me out with this strange imperfection.

http://imgur.com/a/KuqFv

Edited by djatone

Looking forward to seeing what you'll do to those, DhaDha! Especially after how well you wore in your previous Red Clouds.

i'll also be eyeing your sugar cane hand loom model as well, very interested in those!

speaking of Red Cloud i have not yet posted the last evo at 8 months. will do that soon. the light has not been very favourable for picture session. 

haha what other venue on earth makes a group of grown men talking about each other's pants with excitement and anticipation! we truly are crazy people!

Thanks!! Though I'm totally infatuated with the Sugar Canes as well, I might actually be wearing a pair of Tenders instead... Such a tough decision. I'll be living in Ecuador for the next three months and am going to bring both pairs along. Whichever one I prefer wearing day in and day out in the rainforest is going to be the keeper for the rest of the contest! (Not much to brag about when compared to you wearing 25oz in Bangkok, though ^_^)

Maybe we are crazy, but at the end of the day talking about jeans beats talking about football!

Me: Oni 527

Billy: BabyGap Selvedge

By the end of today I'll have used my 30 amnesty wears so figure it seems appropriate to post my first proper update.

I wore these about 5 times when I bought them late last year and have been wearing them regularly the past couple of months.

It's been a very cool couple of months. Mainly because our second child arrived on 2nd April. This little fella is called Cassidy Townes Underhill and will no doubt be participating in the 2017-2019 contest.

DWZLLd3l.jpg

Life has slowed down a lot since the new arrival so no mega-exciting photo opportunities. I've spent most of my paternity leave out and about with my older son whilst the wife rests at home & catches up on sleep. The weather's been unseasonably hot in the UK so Billy has been mostly wearing shorts and has only had managed 13 amnesty wears, here's an action shot!

tTc94KFl.jpg

And yesterday we went to Thomas Land for his 3rd birthday.

Cq7wMBBl.jpg?1

Both of us a little bemused by a hot, giant (but out of context) Oktoberfest girl.

W3IrAUrl.jpg?1

Now the jeans. Some early fades are beginning to set in. Cander has mentioned in the Oni thread that these fade really fast - probably for the best given I'm only a weekend warrior.

CyfYOuul.jpg?1

FfjInKTl.jpg?1

Couple of detail shots giving a more accurate idea of the colour & texture.

10Zkbobl.jpg

LagHeDAl.jpg?1

And the boy's, just a spot of knee fade. Whiskers and combs haven't yet set in as these are a lot softer than usual raw denim. I noticed these have raised belt-loops when taking the photo - neat and unexpected bonus!

zSkslFfl.jpg?1

Odd question,

Just noticed tonight on my 28th amnesty wear that I am already getting a blowout in my Iron Heart 666S-II...in my somewhat short raw denim career I have never heard or seen of such a thing. Any thoughts or ideas or input? Very discouraging considering today was the start of my everyday wear into the contest, I emailed IH about this to see if they can help me out with this strange imperfection.

http://imgur.com/a/KuqFv

phew, got no idea man, sorry!

i am at my 27th amnesty wear, so far i wore my 666uhr with a 15cm single cuff, not because it looks so cool (it looks shitty) but stacks, or a double/triple cuff look even worse.

i will refuse to wear my pair till i hemmed them to a decent length, propably one week. can't stand it anymore, it (me) looks just plain ridiculous  <_<