Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I'm having some trouble deciding on what pair to enter.

Torn between my Ooe OA02's and my recently acquired Roy RT1002's.

I guess it's not a terrible problem to have, but still a problem!

I don't know about chambray, not many folks seemed to want to debate it other than Foxy on Facebook. The arguments are thus...

Against -  It is a different weave to denim and therefore should not be allowed.

For - We already allowed duck and raw chambray is also an evolving cotton material.

Opinions and arguments appreciated.....

can i throw one more wrench into it and ask about the PBJ Linen Denim workshirt? Sorry im just curious because if im going to be wearing two articles of clothing for 2 years id like them to be something interesting!

can i throw one more wrench into it and ask about the PBJ Linen Denim workshirt? Sorry im just curious because if im going to be wearing two articles of clothing for 2 years id like them to be something interesting!

Valid debate point, another evolving cotton. Personal opinion is that on the top half of the body it pays to extend the scope, but I understand that people might not want to dilute the denim in DWC.

I don't know about chambray, not many folks seemed to want to debate it other than Foxy on Facebook. The arguments are thus...

Against -  It is a different weave to denim and therefore should not be allowed.

For - We already allowed duck and raw chambray is also an evolving cotton material.

Opinions and arguments appreciated.....

Valid debate point, another evolving cotton. Personal opinion is that on the top half of the body it pays to extend the scope, but I understand that people might not want to dilute the denim in DWC.

i am pro both

why not?

if we don't allow chambray and linen shirts, both indigo dyed, we loose some great looking pictures in the future and activity in the tuxedo section!!

come on people! whats everyones opinions. or at least the people in the Tux division.

And just so I have it all sorted out when you register into the Tux division youre not just lumped into the tux division and thats all. Your jeans will still fall into their respected weight category as well?

Perfect! i kind of fell out of the denim world for the past few years but im ready to come back and have fun with you guys in this contest.

Im unsure about how i feel about allowing chambray, the tux division seemed to be a hardcore division of denim, i can see canvas because its another heavier harder wearing fabric.  I think chambray, linen or other shirts just dilutes the overall hardcoreness of that division. Committing to two denim peices for 2 years deserves its own category 

I'm not entering the tux division, but wouldn't those choosing chambray or linen kind of be doing themselves a disservice since those fabrics are considerably harder to fade? If anything, the ones with the jackets would already have a leg up, right?

Edited by Coolguyzack

The work is done and I´m very pleased with the outcome. It´s a awesome made jeans with a modern fit and super nice details.

Johann is a master on his sewingmachines with an eye for the small details and creative ideas, which make every pair of his jeans special in it´s own way.

The list of the details we made is long:

-Katagami printed selvage pocket fabric (we used this as lining too)

-selvage pocketdetail

-selvage buttonfly

-buttonfly lining with selvage detail

-special pocket construction for more durability

-Katagami lined yoke

-Katagami lined coinpocket

-peek a boo coinpocket

-Katagami half lined backpockets

-sewn in to waistband beltloops

-two selvage beltloops for wearing snaps

-hidden rivets

-raw copper buttons and rivets

Nice work .

What name will you be competing with over at HWDC ?

i would love to read more about them and see more photos .

Edited by splash pitman

I'm not entering the tux division, but wouldn't those choosing chambray or linen kind of be doing themselves a disservice since those fabrics are considerably harder to fade? If anything, the ones with the jackets would already have a leg up, right?

Yes they would but this contest is really going to push me to wear my jacket more than i normally would over 2 years (which is why I entered it). Im not sure what Mega's goal was with this division but from the way i read the info it sounds like its supposed to be for people committed to wearing a denim jacket/shirt for 2 years with constant updates and who want to challenge themselves.

I wont be upset if the division is opened up to chambray and other fabrics but i feel like the division should be contestants that want to really push the double denim be it jackets or shirts. It's still a commitment to the chambray or other cotton shirts to wear them for 2 years without a rotation, I'm open to discussion but i feel that letting other fabrics in takes away from the magic that is the double denim division. 

Edited by karanimal

Yes they would but this contest is really going to push me to wear my jacket more than i normally would over 2 years (which is why I entered it). Im not sure what Mega's goal was with this division but from the way i read the info it sounds like its supposed to be for people committed to wearing a denim jacket/shirt for 2 years with constant updates and who want to challenge themselves.

I wont be upset if the division is opened up to chambray and other fabrics but i feel like the division should be contestants that want to really push the double denim be it jackets or shirts. It's still a commitment to the chambray or other cotton shirts to wear them for 2 years without a rotation, I'm open to discussion but i feel that letting other fabrics in takes away from the magic that is the double denim division. 

I agree with this.

What if chambray is only allowed if paired with a denim jacket and/or denim shirt?

Ok guys, thanks for the debate, the decision is (much to my personal disappointment) that no other fabrics aside from denim and duck will be allowed.

valid point

Ok guys, thanks for the debate, the decision is (much to my personal disappointment) that no other fabrics aside from denim and duck will be allowed.

Thanks!! The hunt for a denim shirt is on.