Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

@ironhorse the '47s look GORGEOUS especially with the marbling. How many washes?

Thanks; I've never kept track but it's probably been at least a dozen machine washes and no soaks. I've also run them through the dryer a few times.

Edited by Iron Horse

Okey so I've been super bad at posting the last few months. My Samurais are still in it though but had to do some first repairs now. 

Jjust gave them their sixth wash.

Before:

Gj1QRug.jpg?1

Qm9UDnf.jpg?1

Took a few days after the wash before I took these so they already got a bit dirty.

After wash:

v6zRXw2.jpg

amo8af3.jpg?1

And just a few pics of my own repairs, got a new machine and it was pretty hard to learn this one so it didn't become so pretty.

k8Nap76.jpg

2dm7DUc.jpg

ICxXUQw.jpg?1

fTQYALV.jpg?1

H8zYxCm.jpg?1

PrwWYL4.jpg?1

Thanks; I've never kept track but it's probably been at least a dozen machine washes and no soaks. I've also run them through the dryer a few times.

Both you and Aho have inspired me to use the dryer. I'm convinced that's the secret to that denim magic you have

Guys,

Due to the admitted pain in the arse the DWC site has become, please feel free to host your submissions over here or on the IH forum.

I truly appreciate all you guys who have kept on with this, 24 months is a long time in denim.

I will co-ordinate all submissions posted here and on the IH forum for the judges to view. Thank you for your patience.

Mega

travel update: Singapore stopover and Bangkok.

waiting for my first flight to singpore. touched down noon, had to pick up new passport and suit and dinner before i fly off in the morning to bangkok

IMG_8541_zpse5seq7we.jpg

IMG_8558_zps0xmre995.jpg

IMG_8566_zpsunewk5zd.jpg

spent the time after i landed around siam. was really knackered from the travelling. 

IMG_3333_zps4wfgwh7h.jpg

IMG_3347_zpsiact3kzr.jpgIMG_8576_zpsikfivxyk.jpgIMG_8577_zpsehihr3le.jpgIMG_8578_zps9tjvnurf.jpgIMG_8579_zpsfi1sfjry.jpg

surprised at the level of brands available in departmental stores and the amount of japanese brands they have here in bangkok. bonus time lapse i tried with my iphone. bangkok approach, for you aviation people, VTBS 01R

second day: checked out this little new area in thong lo. it's a new establishment that prides itself on open communal spaces. a more modern vibe to old bangkok. then headed over to 24kilates bkk, which was in a quite secluded location and finally, met up with Stan from ironheart forum as well before calling it a day

IMG_8585_zpszs7bnrjb.jpg

IMG_3398_zpsol6cuj0j.jpg

IMG_3394_zpsbfzdhmu3.jpgIMG_3386_zpstd2yc1uk.jpgIMG_8591_zpshylly3nb.jpgIMG_8594_zpsmf9ak3v7.jpg

IMG_3381_zpszqjp75t4.jpgIMG_3362_zpsepomevlo.jpgIMG_3371_zpsg1hcx4xl.jpg

Final day, went down towards Rayong to meet Giles and Paula. Very different out in the rural areas once you're out of bangkok. The roads opened up, but as you veer off the main highway it gets shite. it's close to pattaya but not as packed. great views overlooking the sea as well.

IMG_8645_zpsa6qjtq6b.jpgIMG_8617_zpsvk0ckecs.jpgIMG_8620_zpsudddn8kg.jpg

IMG_8618_zpsq7b4q3jd.jpg

IMG_8622_zpsgb8biihk.jpgIMG_8639_zpscmanyc2u.jpgIMG_8629_zps7b5eilni.jpg

was a lovely day. absolutely enjoyed it. back in perth now, about time i gave the jeans another wash..

2C49B73C-7035-47CD-8AC5-3D46C08B3249_zps
Edited by louisbosco

These will be the final update on my jeans and making me out of the contest. I've worn these for 1 year straight and worn them as hard as I could but these are very tough and stubborn jeans. The reason being is that these jeans do not fit me anymore so they are going up for sale. These have had many washes. I need to own another pair of these in the future. 

qGaijL5.jpg?1

xIG3Jk6.jpg?1

zw8OTPb.jpg?2

V01WjCR.jpg?2

hcHfPPg.jpg?3

Edited by noobedloser

Just picked up my 0500s from Self Edge after getting them repaired. I posted pics of my last wash in the Samurai thread and not here so here they are right before getting repaired at 13.5-14 months and 9 washes, and then the repair pics.

2gtdgtw.jpg

10xbvw9.jpg

2vijgg1.jpg

sy5hdd.jpg

Edited by d-rew12

• 2 weeks later...

X post from the Warehouse thread.  I need to track down someone with a decent camera before the end to this thing.  Jeans aren't as light as they appear in the over all photos.  Close ups are the closest to the real color, but still on the light side.    

Here's some photos of my 1001s.  400 day of wear, 12 washes (including two initial).  Using a different computer, and photo's color always look like shit on it's monitor, so not sure how these turned out. If they're garbage, my apologies!   Different hosting site too, so if they're huge, again, I'm sorry!  

rqNyMlQ.jpg?3

jP5sIpl.jpg?2

Fe6QIfU.jpg?1

Spot on the left leg where the denim is thinning out.

SJfr2Ad.jpg?2

5ARWskW.jpg?1

Edited by setterman