Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Dude, so awesome! I'm moving back up to Squamish next week and have been sorely missing that view from the first peak of the chief. Great photos from up north too—i'm looking forward to seeing what you did on Haida Gwaii!

x post from Warehouse thread. Click on photos for better resolution (especially the front side one).

345 days of wear into the 1001.  Wanted to hold out to 350 for a wash, but they were getting too stinky.

Wearing a lot like my LVC 55s, and that's not a good thing.  After this most recent wash, I can see they're getting thin above the left knee, in the same spot I eventually had to patch on the Levis, and I'd prefer to not have to patch or darn these there.  Planning on slowing down the amount of wear from here on out in the DWC.  Plan is to finish the contest at 450 days of wear.

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

Edited by setterman

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few pics. Went Auto-crossing today

v43rzd.jpg

And sadly while I was bending over to check my tire pressure my jeans ripped... There was a small hole (that has been gradually getting bigger) and was going to get them repaired at the end of this month or sometime in October but I guess I'm going to do it a bit sooner  :(

23toz79.jpg

Fullcount 1101 PH - Middleweight

These jeans are quite dirty at the moment....

They are inside my washing machine at the moment and i am wearing a pair of flatheads until they are dry and ready. Such a different cut and experience.

_MG_33341_zpsspk0wmre.jpg

_MG_33331_zpsqjvdaz4i.jpg

_MG_33351_zpsy8olsvox.jpg

_MG_33361_zpsz8ztjryz.jpg

_MG_33371_zpsfemrufjw.jpg

_MG_33391_zpsbvx4sztg.jpg

Edited by Lukenstein

• 2 weeks later...

Update: EW-0110__ Freshly plucked from the hanger [7th wash].

'Seems the WEY hit a fade "plateau" ... 'not complaining tho__ progress maybe slow & unapparent to the naked eye, but each wear is like a cog turn towards the sublime🤓

84DFAFA4-6E95-4389-A30C-8FF80442E056.jpg

@BrooklynBridgePark_ DUMBO: EW-0110 X Viberg X Uniqlo 84644780-8B63-46A2-B360-3A6480871A62.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

Is there any reason why logging into the DWC website has to be such a pain in the ass?  

And does that site even matter any more?  Most threads there haven't been updated in months, and I'm pretty sure there are people posting here that don't have a thread at the DWC site.  

It is a pain and it is slow as hell for me. I still update over there, just not as much as I was. Doesn't seem like very many people are still updating in general. Also, what ever happened to the challenges? Those were supposed to be incentives to get people to post regular updates but they kinda got lost along the way. 

I'll keep posting updates, mostly on the DWC site, but it's more than a little disappointing to see how flat the whole thing has fallen.

From the level of participation, only about a dozen people having posted updates over the four weight classes the past four months, I'd expect this will be the final DWC. I don't think there's the enthusiasm, interest, or attention span for two year contests anymore. 

Yeah, I haven't updated the DWC site in a while. It was a pain while ti was really easy to update here. Also as time went on, I got lazier and lazier to update the DWC site and now most of my photo's are unorganized and don't really feel like organizing them for the DWC site. While not too many participants anymore, I've enjoyed seeing the few who still do's pants!

Personally it was a bit too much of a hassle to post here and on the DWC, I'd much rather post here as there is some form of community and spirit vs the blandness that somewhat developed on the DWC site. 

I've pretty much had to retire my pair of Flat Heads at this point due to them just not fitting right any more, the hidden amount of shrink in the pioneer denim after the numerous washes pretty much made them unwearable. They look pretty ridiculous with their wide leg openings and skin tight top block 

Will wash my 47s and then post them up here this weekend, though. 

I would love to post more interesting things but lately I've just been working and not going anywhere too special. 

Might go to Hong Kong or Japan in January though, so I'll have updates then!