Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

After about a month, I finally got my 634-XHS back from being hemmed and tapered (34" inseam, 8" leg opening) at Rail Car Fine Goods. Steven does top notch work, and I'll post pics later. 

I competed in the fly casting and flying fishing competition at the Golden Games in Golden, CO over the weekend. I only got one selfie showing the IHSH-33 black denim shirt. Didn't get a chance to get a pic of the 634-XHS. Wearing those 25oz behemoths under waders is not very comfortable, and certainly restricts movements quite a bit. Overall it was fine. 

Fun time though, and I came in 2nd. 

http://20150517_085257_zpsvzqxttww.jpg

http://Golden-Games_05-17-2015_zpsrkag4xkp.jpg

Finally getting around to uploading some pictures from my trip to DC. (Apologies for the crappy iPhone camera quality!)

Shot of the jeans while we were waiting for the flight to board from Austin.

KO0TwID.jpg

One of the first stops was the National Gallery of Art, probably our favorite museum overall. Just a massive collection of art, very impressive! You can easily spend all day here.

mjjbeWY.jpg

Beautiful marble fountain just inside the National Gallery of Art, during the holidays it's surrounded by holly and a big Christmas tree.

xo1LuYS.jpg

The Washington Monument, always present when you're on the mall. Last time I was here it was closed for renovation. We didn't go up to the top because the queue was too long...

nXUJ7Et.jpg

World War II memorial and Lincoln Memorial in the distance. The next day there was a WWII airplane flyover to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the war. Really awesome to walk around the city and see some history buzzing around overhead. Wish I could've gotten pictures of the planes.

o0qiJRJ.jpg

This is about as close as you can get to the White House these days, a bit of a bummer but my sister and her husband were telling us about how some guy recently made an attempt to run into the White House and actually made it pretty far since one of the doors to the East Room was unlocked! So they've stopped letting anyone get even remotely close.

N4BosLK.jpg

Lincoln Memorial and the reflecting pool, which was a little murky.

4e0mQiq.jpg

vGmb6mr.jpg

Continued...

The next night we went to a Braves vs Nationals game. Sadly my Bravos lost, but we had a good time. I love going to baseball games, wish we had an MLB team here in Austin.

ovPhEc4.jpg

Local brewery DC Brau makes for a much better option than Bud Light or some other big brewery trash!

1LYE5MH.jpg

Next afternoon we walked around downtown and visited the National Portrait Gallery and went out to Mount Vernon with my sister and her husband. Couldn't ask for better weather.

eCEZUqt.jpg

w5xjT5D.jpg

And that's about it, we had a great time and walked around 25 miles in just a couple of days! The jeans got a lot of wear and saw a bunch of sights. I'm planning on washing them at two months and will post more pictures of them then.

I Need to do this too but forgot my Password (and still find it complicated).

hm, you realy don't need to post that a lot pictures into the DWC forum  :P  :P  :P  :P  its enough on one board  :ph34r:

^ Says who? 

Guys, if you use the photo guide in the info thread it is really not hard to upload pictures. I would be shocked and dismayed if people start to decide that they only want to share here rather than in the contest because it takes a couple of clicks more to post a picture.

^ Says who? 

Guys, if you use the photo guide in the info thread it is really not hard to upload pictures. I would be shocked and dismayed if people start to decide that they only want to share here rather than in the contest because it takes a couple of clicks more to post a picture.

me, obviously....

but guys, I was playing a bad version of prince charming and I sincerely hoped, that the amount of emoticons I used would show by themselves it wasn't meant thaaaaat serious!

I will not further discuss this already dead beaten topic, but uploading pictures in the DWC forum is still a pain in the ass (that hasn't changed and we all know about this guide...), especially when you want to upload 30 or 40 pictures as florian does, repeatedly.

Edited by Blue Nemo

Well yes, I didn't have time to edit all the direct links and upload each picture one by one. I hope I find time to do so soon, but so far I will keep track with the main updates there and post more here.

Edited by Max Power

Blue Nemo, it's a different link code and 2 extra mouse clicks. You're making a big deal out of an extra 2 seconds work.

Excuse my sensitivity, but when you've worked as long and as hard as I have on this, to have an employee of one of the contest sponsors telling people to post their pics only on another forum rattles my cage a little.

You can use the same links as here, it's not too much of a hassle at all.

The only thing I want to know is if there's a way to change the red font on the DWC forums? It's a little hard for me to read personally.

I agree on the red font. Also finding it a bit hard to read. I host my pictures on my own webpage. So I am not finding it troublesome to post pictures.

I do find it a bit annoying that I can not edit old posts. For example I noticed I spelled two pictures incorrect. I changed them and the link broke on the forum. Only way forward was to repost the pictures in a new post. :)

Posting pictures in the DWC forum hasn't been much of a hassle, but I agree with nizzel that not being able to edit posts can be very limiting. For the time being, I'm only able to post from my phone, and it's rare to be able to type out a long post without either making an error (in the picture codes, spelling, etc) or having more things to add later on. That being said, I really appreciate the effort put into having a dedicated DWC forum, and I enjoy getting to communicate with members of other denim communities in the process... thanks!!

Edited by chicote

I have asked the questions about text colour and post editing, as I fully agree that these are annoyances.

What needs to be kept in mind is that this forum was set up on a stringent budget. Forums like this one (Superfuture) have a team of technical staff, and a much larger budget through continued sponsorship and advertising payments which generate a healthy monthly income.

Whilst the DWC obviously does charge a small entry fee, and we were helped with set up costs by some very generous sponsors, I do not think that the entire sum of generated funds equals even a small percentage of what a place like this generates in a month.

The DWC forum is not perfect, it isn't as immediately user friendly as Superfuture or the IHF, but it serves the purpose of gathering all submissions together and bring more order to proceedings than we have had in the past. Plus, I genuinely like it, I like being able to see updates and go back through the submissions of that same person, and I think as the contest progresses that this will be even more fun to see.

Not much happening with my Railcar x021s just yet, and even less excitement happening in my day to day life (I teach at a university, and it's the tail end of the academic year, which means lots of grading and managing student anxiety). All the same, I tried to capture a few subtle changes taking place. My camera just isn't capable of real macro shots, but I was pleasantly surprised by the last shot of the single-felled inseam on the thigh. Looking at that little ribbon of wear along the seam is like looking into the future.

IMG_1190.JPGIMG_1198.JPGIMG_1199.JPG

For what it's worth, I found that if you open up your original post on sufu as if you were going to edit it, you can select all, copy, and then paste right into a new post on the DWC site. The only glitch is that you need to edit the text as a few strands of code for font & size show up. It took me 20 seconds or less to copy, paste and edit this post in my DWC thread. :)

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

regarding the upload: "fine, fine" to all the fellas above

Blue Nemo, it's a different link code and 2 extra mouse clicks. You're making a big deal out of an extra 2 seconds work.

Excuse my sensitivity, but when you've worked as long and as hard as I have on this, to have an employee of one of the contest sponsors telling people to post their pics only on another forum rattles my cage a little.

I get your point, Megatron. I already explained my intentions ones and thought this was crystal clear.