Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Thanks!! Though I'm totally infatuated with the Sugar Canes as well, I might actually be wearing a pair of Tenders instead... Such a tough decision. I'll be living in Ecuador for the next three months and am going to bring both pairs along. Whichever one I prefer wearing day in and day out in the rainforest is going to be the keeper for the rest of the contest! (Not much to brag about when compared to you wearing 25oz in Bangkok, though ^_^)

Maybe we are crazy, but at the end of the day talking about jeans beats talking about football!

haha, with you on the last point.

but damn, tender and sugar cane, two of my favourite brands as well. tough choice!

Looking forward

We will represent the same brand in the contest

yes, i noticed! it's nice to know RC gaining popularity. we'll be interesting to see the 21Oz evolves, especially that i have never seen a faded pair before. 

I have decided to switch from my Samurai to the indigo duck IH-634. Unfortunately, there were some minor construction issues upon arrival so they're with Self Edge for repair. I was able to start a thread on the DWC site, but not able to post photos. As such, I'll put some preliminary shots up here.

90B8C7F4-767F-4D19-93F3-40FD88734680_zps

A7B9A0C3-EFFC-4EAA-9A3B-37B873877B07_zps

04B62AF9-244A-4716-969A-1EE647238240_zps

24A9C95F-1426-4944-918F-5C8C9C9101BD_zps

Edited by Projectp

God bless everyone wearing heavy-super heavyweight denim.

For a second I thought about getting a pair of the DWC UHR and then I realized how painful that would be to wear in the summer here.

And so it begins......

To celebrate the start there will be random tee shirt give aways throughout the day to random contestants  :)

Not the best of pictures. 31 wears today.

The crotch is taking a beating. I think it will have to be reinforced once or twice before this journey is over.

These do fade fast. Makes me wonder what will be left after two years.

_MG_5356_rs.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Okay guys here we go!!! 19 wears on the jeans and 10 wears on the shirt. Tux division or bust!

2015-05-01%2002.06.15%201.jpg

2015-05-01%2002.07.38%201.jpg

2015-05-01%2002.12.35%201.jpg

Decided on the Tellason shirt after a few days of wearing the SDA one and loving it, but this one is more practical.

Edited by itschrisb

This is how I start into the contest.

The pictures show the last day of the amnesty wear.

One last fit pic where you can see the ..... cuff and the rest are pictures from the 27th amnesty wear.

More details later this day in my contest thread.

Have a nice weekend fellow contestants!!

msmqn84w.jpg

otvmjng5.jpg
lkpa5bk3.jpg
743s5ojv.jpg
akgo24f2.jpg

Okay, here's the debut of my Railcar James Fit X021 (Kuroki 14.25oz). They have about 25 wears on them (7days in New Orleans, which may count double depending on your outlook).

Steven Dang & his crew @ Railcar have packed these things with amazing details, which I'm trying to document at the outset of the contest. Apologies if this is too many pics.

The usual pics:

IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1136.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1141.JPG

Today i went testing the jeans by the seaside. The weather was nice and sunny with occasional cloud coverages at 33 Degree Celsius and the humidity of 68%. Being the sea shore it was breezy.

16729785704_a643e6d6b5_c.jpg

R400SP_DWC-1-2_zpsnhwii3rz.jpg

And, surprise, surprise! the 25Oz denim proved to be rather bearable in that weather. As in, of course this garb is not exactly optimal for body heat transfer, but then denim in tropical country never is. What really got my attention is that, while of course in direct sunlight I wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face and go my dandy way for too long, in the shade or in the breeze the fabric proved quite breathable. My legs could actually felt the wind blowing through the fabric, and that’s amazing! Some of the lighter denim I’ve worn couldn’t do that!

Phew! I guess the next 2 years wouldn’t be as torturous as I thought it would be.

Bonus:

After a week's worth of wear the denim is still rather hairy. Let's see how long these last. 

R400SP_DWC-4-2_zpsjncs2ixd.jpg

(Full post on the DWC forum)

Edited by DhaDha