Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Guys, if you have any specific issues or questions related to the DWC or any component of it please send me a PM or email and I will address them individually.

Alright, so I'm still undecided between both my Roy's and the Ooe's. So I decided to take some fit pics and get feedback. 

Sorry about the quality, I've just got my phone and indoor lighting on this cloudy day...and I threw on the Quoddy's so I wasn't barefoot.

Here's the Roy RT1002, one warm wash and 5 days of wear.

8lzoOiA.jpg?1

7jbSuJl.jpg?1

And here's the Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX's, two hot initial washes and 20 days of wear.

SlAPqMg.jpg?1

gSwbbIc.jpg?1After looking at the pictures they look pretty similar...the only real difference I would say is in the hem.

The Ooe's feel a little bigger than the Roy's. But that could also be because I've worn them longer and allowed the fabric to settle.

Any and all feedback is must appreciated!

Not adding anything, but go with the Ooe's! lol

My reasoning being that given the length of the contest, you'll likely want a looser fit to account for shrinkage and any weight gained. The fabric is also more comfortable IMO, although the Roy's do deserve dedicated/hard wear!

Thanks everyone, I think I'm leaning towards the Ooe's again.

Mainly because I had wanted a pair for so long and feel like they will age really well!

I think some of the flair on the Roy's has to do with the waist. Once it stretches a little I think they would look better.

Hey there guys, been a lurker on the site for awhile and thought this championship would be motivation to be a member. Count me in for the heavyweight category with Kamekaze Attack 20 oz. jeans. Can't wait to get my 1st pair of heavyweight denim jeans in the mail tomorrow!

@Broark - I can't offer any useful advice. Both are awesome jeans, made by dedicated crafts-people, using unique denim unto them. They both fit you well. 

Enter both pairs, LOL! just kidding... 

go with Roy. 

You guys aren't making this any easier for me!  :ph34r:

And to really throw a wrench into the equation I've got the Fullcount special run in the 1101 cut on the way too...tough decisions.

Damn man, that's fucking fast fading for a jacket.

Edit: About your decision Broark, I'm more interesting in seeing your Roys evo but I think you'll be more comfortable in the Ooes. I'd say comfort is the most important part of it for such a long contest and regret not choosing more wisely for my HWDC-pair. I ended up wearing it less than I could have simply because I had other more comfortable choices to cheat with.

Edited by Bobbo

What we have here is the final fabric selection for my contest pair. 18oz 'Super Slubby' denim. Duck canvas for the waistband. Raw chambray for seam bindings. Hickory stripe for the pocketbags. These will all be single needle stitched together by Iu of Companion Denim. Holy Cow I'm losing my mind waiting on this pair.

Bk00fYe.jpg

Thanks everyone, I think I'm leaning towards the Ooe's again.

Mainly because I had wanted a pair for so long and feel like they will age really well!

I think some of the flair on the Roy's has to do with the waist. Once it stretches a little I think they would look better.

Tough to tell much in the photos.  Of the two, I think the Ooe looks better, though need a hem job (no cuff, minimal stack).  

Advice from one big guy to another, I think a cut with more room in the thigh and seat, and maybe a wider ankle would be more flattering on you.  A little loose here or there looks better on us than tight anywhere.  

I only know Ooe from pics and they look amazing, but for a 2 year contest I would go for the challenge of fading the slow Roy's.  The denim will be much different than the rest of the competition (myself included) which is very Japanese heavy.

What we have here is the final fabric selection for my contest pair. 18oz 'Super Slubby' denim. Duck canvas for the waistband. Raw chambray for seam bindings. Hickory stripe for the pocketbags. These will all be single needle stitched together by Iu of Companion Denim. Holy Cow I'm losing my mind waiting on this pair.

Bk00fYe.jpg

Will be intestering how this turns out. Especially like the hickory stripe but both the denim and duck looks interesting too.

Hey guys!

Registered for Middleweight.

Fullcount x Signet 1109 15oz.

Flo could you add me to the list please?

Also, I have a suggestion. Most of you are probably on IG right? If there are no objections, could we use #teamsufu on all our contest denim images on IG?

Flo could you add that into the first post as well?

Thanks!

Yeah- something on instagram that's more tangible than #denimworldchampionship20152017 would be awesome..

maybe set up an account and share people's progress and stuff? I think that'd be rad.

Edited by mp201

Hey guys!

Registered for Middleweight.

Fullcount x Signet 1109 15oz.

Flo could you add me to the list please?

Also, I have a suggestion. Most of you are probably on IG right? If there are no objections, could we use #teamsufu on all our contest denim images on IG?

Flo could you add that into the first post as well?

Thanks!

Yeah- something on instagram that's more tangible than #denimworldchampionship20152017 would be awesome..

maybe set up an account and share people's progress and stuff? I think that'd be rad.

doublerad!!

i would def use the hashtag, but won't run the acc!