Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

like max said, take the advertised weight and go with it. unless of course with IH 666 21/23oz, i do know that it's 23oz post soak, so there i go into the super heavy weight category.  

sure there's financial reasons involved, but if you wear it hard enough, doesn't matter who else is in your group

Edited by louisbosco

I agree with setterman - there should at least be a rule of thumb so that everybody knows for sure, which Group he's in. For example either we add 10% to the indicated weight of every raw pair to get the final weight or stick with the raw weight (which I would prefer as it's the common rule and many brands are mentally connected with that weight). As many brands that range between 13,5 and 15 oz or around 17 oz it might lead to confusion afterwards. And as the judges and prizes differ in the sections, it could be clear where everybody belongs.

Edited by Max Power

So I have sanforisation on my team, so no confusion here. I have no place in this debate, but FWIW, I have no reputation to uphold and no expectations of victory, just a sweet pair of jeans, and a reason to wear them for 2 years. I'm happy with that.

EDIT: Don't know why I felt the need to chip in on reflection. Ignore this post - nothing to see here!

Edited by holio cornolio

The rule of thumb has already been given, but appears to have been lost in the continuing debate. I will add it to the FAQ's.

If you are unsure of the washed weight of your denim then as a rule of thumb simply add 2oz to the raw weight, otherwise use the manufacturers published weight.

That is final on this issue.

Now I am curious if there will be ANY entry in the Flyweight after you add the "general" 2oz :P

Easy win for anyone who can find paper thin jeans  :P

Leftfield has you covered...

Deadstock 10oz. Japanese Denim & sanforized, so no risk of having to run an algorithm only to find out  you've accidentally shrunk your way into the lightweight category: http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/deadstock-10-oz-japanese-light-blue-greaser-jean   :)

^ yeah but even sanforized denim shrinks up to 3% ;)

just say it: it's the only way I would stand a chance of winning something :D

and to annoy you some more:

let's say someone never washes his denim..or he only soaks and don't wash. He/she will never achieve full shrinkage and thus the denim is lighter...

And one more: when I wear my denim it will stretch out again so the oz per square yard will get less again resulting in a lighter denim ;)

b_F - F**k off  :D

Projectp - All changes you requested are made dude.

All - If anything about categories or threads needs amending or deleting on the site drop me a PM.

That's it, I'm out......... :ph34r:

Easy win for anyone who can find paper thin jeans :P

Leftfield has you covered...

Deadstock 10oz. Japanese Denim & sanforized, so no risk of having to run an algorithm only to find out you've accidentally shrunk your way into the lightweight category: http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/deadstock-10-oz-japanese-light-blue-greaser-jean :)

There is also Studio D'Artisan with D1596 at 11oz - one wash...who knows, maybe they are only 10.9oz Edited by Foxy2

Since I pre-ordered the DWCxUHR, I'm glad we are going with the post soak number. If I'm competing in essentially 23oz with a guy who's wearing 19oz... that's a pretty big difference IMHO. So allowing me to compete at the post soak division, makes me feel more at home.

Hey Max, 

Can you update me #17

Im in with Flat Head 3009, hot soaked so im going to be in the middle weight with a post soak of 16.5oz. 

I'm also in the tux contest with my momotaro 2105sp jacket. 

The flat heads are soaked with no wears, so i still need to get the first couple wears in. The momotaro jacket has 14 wears on it now. I still need to do the first post on the DWC forum

Edited by karanimal

Hey Max, 

Can you update me #19

Im in with Flat Head 3009, hot soaked so im going to be in the middle weight with a post soak of 16.5oz. 

I'm also in the tux contest with my momotaro 2105sp jacket. 

The flat heads are soaked with no wears, so i still need to get the first couple wears in. The momotaro jacket has 14 wears on it now. I still need to do the first post on the DWC forum

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you enter the tux devision wouldn't the jeans and jacket make up the tux component , so why are you in middleweight for jeans ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you enter the tux devision wouldn't the jeans and jacket make up the tux component , so why are you in middleweight for jeans ?

I was under the impression that i could enter the tux division as well as the middle weight? for just the jeans, due to the requirements of the tux, missing more than one update etc... can i not compete in two divisions? i was lead to believe some people were competing in more than one jean weight division with more than one pair 

edit, if that is the case i will just compete in the tux, i looked over the WDC page and i didnt see a specification for the tux that its the only one you can enter so im not sure 

Edited by karanimal

I was under the impression that i could enter the tux division as well as the middle weight? for just the jeans, due to the requirements of the tux, missing more than one update etc... can i not compete in two divisions? i was lead to believe some people were competing in more than one jean weight division with more than one pair 

edit, if that is the case i will just compete in the tux, i looked over the WDC page and i didnt see a specification for the tux that its the only one you can enter so im not sure 

the tux division does not allow rotation with other jeans in other divisions. if your in the tux, your in with only one pair, regardless of weight.

No rotation within the contest is all that means dude, I can't police what people on the other side of the world wear in their free time ha ha.

Great ideas on the super tux and branded tux, maybe next time :-)

the tux division does not allow rotation with other jeans in other divisions. if your in the tux, your in with only one pair, regardless of weight.

yeah i understand that, but max asked earlier in the thread if he could compete with two different pairs of jeans, i'm planning on entering my flat heads in the middle weight and then in the tux division. which would be the same pair with no rotation 

...i'm planning on entering my flat heads in the middle weight and then in the tux division. which would be the same pair with no rotation 

oh, I see what you're asking. I don't know then. MegaGav must clarify ;) 

In my opinion it's not a sportsmanship move , it's like you are trying to cover your bases for a win . The previous talk about rotating jeans sounds fine if you have registered them individually in its class but you have your work cut out for you I guess as you have to work twice as hard to achieve the required fades .

Sorry if iv ruffled anyone's feathers but I thought that this time around the rules would not be as blurred as last time .

The rules aren't blurred, people just need to read them and either follow them or ask for clarification if unsure rather than applying their own interpretation.

I hope I did catch up with the latest additions (if not, please PM me). However, I took out the category, as I don't know who already changed his section because of the post-wash indicated weight. As this thread is not an official place, I'd like to leave that out and just share the Pictures and discussion here. Feel free to add the class you've registered in everytime you share updates.

Edited by Max Power

To clarify...

· When you enter the denim tux contest you are entering two garments at the same time, this is why it is costed differently. To offset that your DTWC jeans are also eligible for entry into the DWC in their correct weight division, you do not have to enter them but it increases your chances of winning.

· The DTWC no rotation rule is within the contest not generally in your every day lives, I did not expressly say that because I had assumed that people would realise that I can’t police what they wear in their spare time.

· If you have entered the regular DWC and you want to enter a second pair of jeans that is your decision, this is a rule which has been amended since first announcement due to quite a few people asking for it to be.

I would also like to point out that this concept has been entirely generated by me and a select few others, we are just people so there may be a few mistakes and we will iron them out as we go.

Once again guys, if I have to answer all questions in this thread then sooner or later Superfuture will ask me for payment for a sponsored thread and the thread will be shut down. There are many ways to contact me with your questions, comments or concerns and if you all want this thread to remain open I would suggest contacting me privately.

I will update the FAQ’s post on the DWC site as and when people require points clarifying.