Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

What pairs are you thinking of? If I got it right, it is possible to enter with two pairs, right? In that case I might add my Samurai 710 BKB to the middlweight division.  

In any case, if yomeone magaes to find a decent flyweight Jeans, he might have good chances of winning the division championship - there's not too many Options ans fans of that weight out there.

Signed up for light weight, and have a pair of LVC 551ZXX I'm considering along with four other Japanese brands.  Tough to decide because I don't feel like dropping another $200+ on a pair of jeans, and I'm pretty happy with my current rotation (WH 1003XX, Fullcount 0105, and four other pairs I wear when I please).     

Denime 66XX (LW), Fob F151 (LW), Denimbridge 3rd (LW) or Denime 25th (MW)...

And I know which one you want me to wear ;)

Yep, Flyweight is pretty rare. If the limits would have been up to 11oz, some more LVC pairs would qualify

I have some catching up to do, it seems. Easy solution - you wear the Denime 25th and I get the 66XX, which you outgrew anyway.

Just added you. What Division will it be (I don't know the Details on that particular pair)?

They're 14.5oz before soak. Hopefully i didn't register for the wrong class since they increase after soak. If so maybe someone can correct that for me. I registered lightweight

Lightweight for me but still deciding between Freewheelers 601XX 1951, or Fortyniners 1946 Yawara Miura pair...

I know I just texted you about the Fortyniners (and you just answered ;) ) but that made me think of:

what's up with the OOE models in collab with (also?) Connors Sewing Factory? 

They're 14.5oz before soak. Hopefully i didn't register for the wrong class since they increase after soak. If so maybe someone can correct that for me. I registered lightweight

I asked Gavin about that a few weeks ago and he said, that the weight doesn't get rounded up, so even 14,9 oz will be lightweight. So I assume you're in the right Division (I already put you there because I figured it'd be the regular FH denim).

Edited by Max Power

I know I just texted you about the Fortyniners (and you just answered ;) ) but that made me think of:

what's up with the OOE models in collab with (also?) Connors Sewing Factory? 

haha all good! I've yet to see any updates on the Ooe collab's but I'm guessing it'll be months until we see any movement on that end,  as they've been focusing on non-denim items as of late. 

Turns out the Fortyniner's will be too expensive for me however (41040 yen!), so I'm likely to go with the Freewheelers 601xx for the contest...

I asked Gavin about that a few weeks ago and he said, that the weight doesn't get rounded up, so even 14,9 oz will be lightweight. So I assume you're in the right Division (I already put you there because I figured it'd be the regular FH denim).

NICE! yeah its the normal 3xxx 14.5 oz denim. Pumped about it. All paid and good to go

awesome flo. you're fast! Don't forget about me! 21+ heavyweight div. iron heart 66uhr. :D

What pairs are you thinking of? If I got it right, it is possible to enter with two pairs, right? In that case I might add my Samurai 710 BKB to the middlweight division.  

In any case, if yomeone magaes to find a decent flyweight Jeans, he might have good chances of winning the division championship - there's not too many Options ans fans of that weight out there.

you mean we can enter with two pairs? do they have to be in a different division or can it be the same?

^Gavin should answer this, but I think I heard that somewhere. After all, it's your own "fault" if you split the wearing time on too much pairs. But then, it's also against the idea of a 2 year contest, so I think I'll stick with the one pair.

Added you guys and some Information about the prizes and judges.

I'm a bit torn on what I'm going to wear.

What I'm considering: Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX, Fullcount special run 1101, Stevenson 714 (new cut, I think I read somewhere that's what it'll be called), Pure Blue Japan XX-009.

They're all right round 14 oz. which I can easily wear year-round here, just a matter of actually deciding.

And I'd like to be number 10 if that's alright.  :rolleyes:

I'm not 100% decided yet but I'm thinking about entering the Denim Tux division with my new 20 oz. Flat Head 2111s and a Flat Head 7002W denim shirt.

This sounds like a dope setup, been mulling doing the tux, but can really only wear A shirt for a few months in the year.

But add me to that list, still haven't decided but will be in Tue heavyweight for sure.