VISVIM FW15

emixam

^lol

not mention it's limited seasonality being a short-sleeved down.

Short sleeves aren't an issue; down vests are very popular winter jackets. The question about the sanjuro bomber is that it's an open garment: will the cold winter winds cut straight to your core?

But it looks so good though...

For me that down sanjuro is basically an autumn item or something I'd wear under a jacket (PFD?). Maybe even under down jacket if it gets freaking cold (as it does each season here).

Fycus: agreed, it's a big improvement vs what we've seen last year, but as I discussed with Rich- from a standpoint of a person owning many V pieces, it's not a collection I'd drop heavy cash on. Maybe 2-3 items and that's it. Good news on Valdez sesame street thingie being optional, ND Valdez is something I might want to cop.

Edited by kojiro

For those who don't know and/or are interested, the Sanjuro bomber is modeled after a traditional Japanese jacket called a 'hanten' (åŠçº).  Traditional Japanese homes are pretty poorly insulated and can be mighty drafty if not downright freezing cold in the middle of winter.  On any given winter day, you'll probably catch your grandma (or Arashi...) wearing one while sitting on the floor of the living room in front of the kotatsu, watching daytime TV, and eating mandarin oranges.  You'd be hard-pressed to see someone wearing one beyond their front door.  That said, make sure you've got the style/confidence to pull it off...or a drafty house. NZLjXp9.jpg

Edited by fpar

anybody here know the sizing of foley compare with skagway? 

i think the sanjuro jacket looks good with wool jumper like this. but yeah not sure if it a good winter jacket, i prefer to pick up the thorson jacket instead.

visvim-fall-2015-collection-first-look-8

Edited by seven.homme

yep same sizing, i got both hi and lo skagway

wondering about the sanjuro coat as well. in these two pics, arms fit a bit different. 

was it because of the sizing? or the model has different weight etc or because one of the model wearing tee and the others wearing like wool jumper. 

z4U17Nh.jpg

I15eNEG.jpg

Edited by seven.homme

So I just got the black and Dk. Brown kngr virgils in, and for the longest I've been trying like hell to get any new Dk. Brown style in hopes of getting a pair that's the same shade of dark brown/purple like the original few were. Sadly these are just straight brown...and dark :( kind of like those mud dyed pair from a few seasons ago (in case anyone was wondering). 

The longing continues! If anyone's interested (sz 9) please let me know. 

Also, bummer that the virgils are smaller this season! first time a size 9 has fit me too small :(

Edited by halberdklown