VISVIM FW15

emixam

apologies for derailing
posted in legit checks but figured i might as well post here as well
friend is asking if these skagway sashikos are legit but it's not like i know how to tell or what. they look pretty on the level from what i see, but the soles are cleaner than the pre-aged vibe some pairs seem to have? iunno really
http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/nameloss/library/

Edited by kH0yA Sw@Gp0o

What is the origin of cut/style the Visvim Lhamo robe?

A couple of weeks ago I was in Mcleod Ganj In the Indian Himalayas and I found a small tailor on the side of the road selling his wares, and he had a robe that was almost identical except for a few small details to a Lhamo robe. It was black felted wool with indigo cotton trim, obviously used and warn as the indigo had faded a bunch in certain places. He said that he and the robe were both from Tibet, he looked like he could have been, but still questionable if these claims are true, as it could have just been a selling point to drive up the price. I talked him down from 11,000 Rupees to 5,000 (75$) and grabbed it, because even if turns out to be a piece of trash, it's a treasure for me. So curious about how it's related to a Lhamo robe. Maybe I should post this in another thread, maybe I should post pictures. Let me know.

Finally got something to contribute...

Got these skagway's in a size 9 from Barney's, but they'll be going back. Would recommend NOT going with your converse size... these are way smaller than converse. If I take out the insole it's perfect, but I think I want to keep it in there and just get a half size up.

l1RKGOq.jpg

YNT5iLm.jpg

U5m0g9c.jpg

c644O1V.jpg

What is the origin of cut/style the Visvim Lhamo robe?

A couple of weeks ago I was in Mcleod Ganj In the Indian Himalayas and I found a small tailor on the side of the road selling his wares, and he had a robe that was almost identical except for a few small details to a Lhamo robe. It was black felted wool with indigo cotton trim, obviously used and warn as the indigo had faded a bunch in certain places. He said that he and the robe were both from Tibet, he looked like he could have been, but still questionable if these claims are true, as it could have just been a selling point to drive up the price. I talked him down from 11,000 Rupees to 5,000 (75$) and grabbed it, because even if turns out to be a piece of trash, it's a treasure for me. So curious about how it's related to a Lhamo robe. Maybe I should post this in another thread, maybe I should post pictures. Let me know.

image_zps6cvztmni.jpeg

image_zpsflkvejgq.jpeg

image_zpsvfl8fjbl.jpeg

I bought the same skagways , US12.In converse I'm a US11 and the skagways run up big, but may be by half a size. I have some other skags from 2014 US12 and they fit well ... but for this season half size down.

So you're saying that skagways run big, yet you're an 11 in converse and got a 12 in skagways... ?

That's almost exactly what I said, but our conclusions are completely opposite. Comfy converse 9 = Toe crushing skagway 9 for this season.

Sorry , made no sense... yes I meant this season's skagway runs big, comparing to an earlier season. Probably .5 size bigger than my previous size 12. In fact sole to sole I can see they are longer.

The converse reference is probably not required , people usually mention to buy  skagways the same size as your converse. If I would have got a US11 they would have been a marginally tight.11.5 would be perfect.

Anything worth seeing from current collection? F.I.L. Nagoya is just down the street, might have a look tomorrow.

I went to three locations a few weeks back and wasn't moved by anything, last two seasons have been pretty lackluster imo.

There are some cool outlier pieces, but the FILs have been showcasing really understated stuff.

Always worth going, they have random old stock, and the current season footwear and bags are still strong of course.

Nagoya FIL is surprisingly good actually. In my experience they're nowhere near as picked over as the Tokyo locations. If you're down the street it is definitely worth a look. Also, they have past season stuff in the back. They'll often bring it out if you ask about particular pieces that they may still have in stock (no discounts on past seasons though).

I tried on a lot of pieces from the collection today. The standout item for me is the MA-1, which is the nicest MA-1 I've ever handled bar none. Everything about this jacket feels leaps and bounds better than what anyone else is doing. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't care much for Visvim usually.

But not for nearly £2k lol

hi there

I'm going to Japan in December and plan on visiting FIL tokyo.

are social sculpture denims usually in stock? I'm after the unwashed 01 fit (Eric Clapton's preferred fit)

the 01 fit seems to be unpopular so I'm hoping they'll have them when i get there... 

also what does vf mean? I've seen some social sculpture models with "vf" added in the name. I'm guessing its a different fabric?